Bugs

Problems

Useful Links

Tutorials & Guides

Miscellaneous Information

Clearing your cache (by Ljrules95)

Flag Post

Common Sense; addressed to the Inhabitants of Kongregate

Be kind and your time here on Kongregate will be enjoyable.

Use the Contact Page to contact Kongregate concerning anything. You can also email them at support@kongregate.com or feedback@kongregate.com, they both end in the same inbox. Staff usually responds in 7-10 days.

Mod acting up? You can report them through modfeedback@kongregate.com as well.

Read the rules.

If you need any help, read this, most topics are covered there.

Want to know what else you signed up for when you made an account? Read the Terms of Service then.

Scared Kongregate might stalk you? They have a privacy policy so don’t worry.

Most of this info is located at the bottom of any Kongregate page or under the Help bar on top, so don’t be lazy and look.

Wanna know why 13-year-olds can’t join on Kong? Read the COPPA Law.

Kongregate now has a changelog! Check it out!

Know a game that looks deserving of a badge? Contact the person in charge at Greg@kongregate.com or shout/whisper his profile. You can also post in this thread.

Flag Post

Known Bugs:

Watch topic: [FIXED]
Once clicked, you are unable to “unwatch” a topic.

Favorite Game list:
If you favorite a game and that game is deleted, the game remains on your list and you are unable to remove it.

Friend list: [FIXED]
A user called Facebook_Player is added to your friendlist and you are unable to remove him. (Facebook_Player is the account name of anyone who plays Kongregate through Facebook.)
If you had this account as a friend, it now links to /accounts and can not be deleted.

Flag Post

Issues:

400 Bad Request

Causes:
kongregate_session cookie corrupted
Solutions:
delete the cookie

No Badges Received After Finishing Requirements/Chat Not Connecting

Causes:
Chatroom light is red (not connected to Kong stat database)
Solutions:
Open Ports 5222 and 5229 on of1.kongregate.com
Open C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts in a text editor and add 216.246.59.237 of1.kongregate.com to it.

Screen Window/Page Wrong Size

Causes:
Cache not cleared
Resized another page in the browser
Solutions:
Press Ctrl+0 (original size)
Press F11 (fit screen)
Press Ctrl+Mouse scroll wheel up/down (up to increase size, down to decrease size)
Clear cache

Site Formatting Messed Up

Causes:
Old info in cache
Solutions:
Clear cache

Game Not Showing/Gray Chat Area

Causes:
Flash player not installed; corrupted
Solutions:
Update flash player

Game loading, but not starting

Causes:
Bug in the Flashplayer and some games, so the games fail to start up when your soundcard is disabled or there’s no speakers/headphones plugged in.
Solutions:
Enable your soundcard, plug in speakers/headphones
Related bug report

Lag/Game Running Slow

Causes:
Too many programs/tabs/windows open
Ad badly coded
Computer is old and slow
Solutions:
Close some of the programs/tabs/windows
Refresh page, hope for another ad, disable ad through a browser add-on such a Firebug or ad-blocker such as Adblock Plus
Upgrade your computer or overclock it if possible (Over-clocking is not for the weak of mind and computer skill)

Flag Post

Useful Links

Adobe Flash Player

Current

Old

Uninstaller

Browsers

Firefox (Useful with add-ons)

Chrome (Fastest renderer)

Safari (Standard Mac browser)

Opera (Oldie, useful with add-ons)

Maxthon (Based on IE, more safe)

Internet Explorer (Standard Windows browser)

Flag Post

Tutorials & Guides

Es-Razzi Directory

Kongregate Tutorials

Formatting Guide [Abridged]

Formatting Guide Part 1 [Extended]

Formatting Guide Part 2 [Extended]

(Thanks to PhatCat for these)

Opening up Ports for the Windows Firewall

Flag Post

Miscellaneous Information

.Sol Files

These are the save files for Flash. You can transport them between computers so your progress on games aren’t lost between computers.

To see the folder that the files are in, you must enable Show Hidden Files & Folders in Folder Options.

In Windows 2000/XP
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\random series of letters and numbers\

In Windows Vista
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\#SharedObjects\random series of letters and numbers\

In Windows 7
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

In Windows 95/ME
C:\Windows\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\random series of letters and numbers\

In Mac OS 9
Macintosh HD/System Folder/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#Shared Objects/random string of letters and numbers/

In Mac OS X
/Users/Short name/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/random series of letters and numbers/

In Linux
~/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects/random series of letters and numbers/

There will 2 folders, called chat.kongregate.com and kongregate.com. They both contain .sol files.

Referrals

To get points immediately, referrals need to be a from a different ip address than your own. If they are from the same ip address, they must first level up before you see any points gained.

Game reporting to Kongregate?

To see if a game is reporting to Kongregate any values, in case you want it to get badges and too see if the API works, append ?debug_level=3 to the end of the url of the game.
Append ?debug_level=4 and the stat submissions will appear in Firebug (Firebug is for Firefox).

Flag Post

Reserved.

Flag Post

Clear cache: Ctrl + F5. Add it, some people don’t know how to do it.

Flag Post

Added. Any more additions, omissions welcome. This is to help out the new users!

Flag Post

Looks good =)

Flag Post

Make sure to put that if you are lagging badly on a flash game, check to make sure it isn’t the ad on top of the page (God, some people can’t code an ad). You can check if it is the ad by scrolling it out of the screen, and if you are running well at that point, just remove the ad from the page. (Using something such as Firebug if you know how to use it). Or just refresh.

Not a big problem, just happened to me.

Flag Post

Ok, posted some probable causes and fixes. Any more site problems and fixes, just post them and I’ll see if they work.

Flag Post

please use the edit button.

Flag Post

I posted in this format to provide quick links to each section and avoid the textile limit, although most of the format is in HTML. Oh well.

Flag Post

does not matter now.

Flag Post

To show only the game, add /frame to the end of the game’s url.

Flag Post

The /swf is unnecessary, you can write whatever you want behind the /frame/, it doesn’t change anything.

Flag Post

Nightmare!

edit This is a good guide for the known and how to fix it up.

Flag Post

This is great! I will be uploading a tutorial for ES-Razzi soon so watch out for that.

Flag Post

Useless for me. I’m using a Spanish computer =/

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

Because that matters..? Spanish computers don’t have Microsoft OS or Mac OS? You don’t use IE or Firefox or Opera or Safari, etc?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Eyedol:

Because that matters..? Spanish computers don’t have Microsoft OS or Mac OS? You don’t use IE or Firefox or Opera or Safari, etc?

I mean this:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\random series of letters and numbers\
That doesn’t help me in a Spanish computer.

Flag Post

But apparently your English isn’t that bad, so you should be able to translate it…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Eyedol:

I mean this:
That doesn’t help me in a Spanish computer.

why put letters on all your avatars?