Entire Site Down For Most

120 posts

Flag Post

The entire site is down nearly everywhere in the world. I am able to chat, but the multiplayer game I was playing is down, and when I try to open kongregate.com or any other Kong link it cant find anything. I had to use a testing site to find out a couple servers in certain places are up, and then use a proxy just to file this report. Lots of people are waiting on info. Can you give us an ETA or anything? Twitter would be the most logical place, and getting info to mods around chat. We would just like some communication since this is very out of the ordinary.

Flag Post

The site and the games hosted on kongregate are working for me. But anything hosted outside of kongregate, like Dawn of the Dragons, fails during authentication.

Some update would be nice.

Flag Post

And of course 5 minutes later it’s back up. But seriously, Kong, some communication would have been nice.

Flag Post

at least kongsite loads now but pretty much everything does not work for me – games, chat, CSS-Stylesheet won’t load …

Flag Post

For the last 2 hours Kong has been mostly down, when I can connect I only have very limited access, no games, some pages in odd format.

Flag Post

calm down… Amazon’s Server got kizzed up, Admin can’t you if you can’t connect…

Flag Post

I’m assuming the site css isn’t loading cause I can see all the text, just no presentation elements and more importantly, no games :(

Flag Post

I’m assuming this is a DDoS attack, or someone tripped on a wire.

Flag Post

http://sitedown.co/kongregate yep, i’d say it was down in most places

Flag Post

I can play all of my recent games now except Odin Quest it opens a title screen with an error message .
Has anyone else this problem to and is it still related to the server brake down earlier ?

Flag Post

i cant play any games, flash doesnt load.

Flag Post

CDN seems to be down… if you are able to redirect all requests to cdnX.kongregate.com to kongregate.com (via local proxy for example), you should be fine.

for example, if you have “burp suite”, go to options tab and add this hostname resolutions: cdn1.kongregate.com → 75.98.92.205; cdn2.kongregate.com → 75.98.92.205 [repeat for cdn3 and cdn4]

thinking about it, you may also be able to use the “hosts” file in windows (and similar file on other operating systems)…

Flag Post

Melorian sollution works, for windows is suffices to add to your hosts file 75.98.92.205 cdn1.kongregate.com and the rest till cdn4

Flag Post

glad to help :)
just don’t forget to undo the changes when kongregate is “up” again, the CDN is used for a reason (performance) ;-)

Flag Post

One thing though, it will not log you in the MMOs nor chat, it will only display the site’s css correctly :)

Flag Post

If games aren’t loading, then chat.kongregate.com (where the .swf files are stored) needs to be redirected as well.

EDIT: Redirecting internal.kongregate.com will bring chat back online.

Flag Post

yeah, internal.kongregate.com and chat.kongregate.com are unavailable, too. strangely, the ads before the game loads work just fine. just add them with the same IP, load the game, click the chat tab, and you have a 50/50 chance that it will work, don’t know why it doesn’t always work…

also, looking at the error console in my browser, i highly doubt that badges will be awarded, so better don’t try that ;-)

Flag Post

edited my hosts file, added cdns and stuff. Now site loads, but legacy of heroes, the multiplayer game, is stuck at 100% on load screen.

Flag Post

dns for them was down (dns is kind of the phonebook of the internet) because it is a distributed system with caching it might still not be fixed at your place (as it is at my place)

adding this to your hosts file (/etc/hosts on a unix like system, in windows it is SystemRoot\system32\drivers\etc\hosts)

75.98.92.205 kongregate.com cdn1.kongregate.com cdn2.kongregate.com cdn3.kongregate.com cdn4.kongregate.com cdn5.kongregate.com internal.kongregate.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file)

Flag Post

Possible events:

1. Gamestop did it.
2. Kong is fully merging into Facebook.
3. Someone maliciously accidentally the servers.
4. Arcanecoder accidentally the servers.
5. New world order.
6. Kongbot tried to divide by zero.
7. There’s about to be a new forum/profile revamp that will ruin the UI.
8. Kong is in the early stages of an illegal FBI takedown.
9. Google did it.

Flag Post

I’m having the cdn problems for sure. I disabled all my add-ons and plugins yesterday so i thought it was that.
But it seems to be a problem on kongregates part. Some multiplayer games work, other games also singleplayer dont. Activity feeds ect are scrambled aswell. Heres a picture of how a game not working looks like and as you can see in the bottom the multiplayer game legacy of a thousand suns does work propperly.

Flag Post

TODO: Write down the real cdn host ips for when this happens again.

Flag Post

1. If you have a modern version of MS Windows, Start – Run – then enter:
notepad SystemRoot\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Everybody else, read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file)

2. Add these 4 lines to the bottom of the file:

75.98.92.205 kongregate.com www.kongregate.com developers.kongregate.com api.kongregate.com a.kongregate.com

75.98.92.206 of1.kongregate.com bosh1.kongregate.com

23.15.7.104 chat.kongregate.com cdn1.kongregate.com cdn2.kongregate.com cdn3.kongregate.com cdn4.kongregate.com internal.kongregate.com external.kongregate-games.com

184.169.160.102 assets.kongregate.com

3. Save.

4. Kong should work after refreshing. Please PM me if I missed a server name.

5. When the Admins fix Kong, you can disable this by opening the file again, and adding a # at the beginning of those 4 lines, like: # 184.169.160.102 assets.kongregate.com

Flag Post

editing the hosts file did the job for me, thx!

Flag Post

the real ips :-o

i am now officially in love with you solprovider ^^