Chat connection failed

25 posts

Flag Post

I keep trying to connect to chat, but every time i do, it fails and i get a message saying that the chat connection failed. Someone help me please

Flag Post

Try clearing your cache. This might be related to the downtime Kong had earlier today.

Flag Post

Do i have to switch the DNS that i have been hearing about. My computer is public so i think i need admin privileges. Will this fix on its own?

Flag Post

Yes the DNS issue will fix itself on it’s own once your ISP updates the record on their side.

Flag Post

so i wait for a few hours and it will be fixed?

Flag Post

It could be less it could be more. It depends when your ISP updates their DNS record. But that’s probably a good place to start, wait an hour or so and try again.

Flag Post

What do you mean by IPD updates. IDK what that is

Flag Post

ISP? Internet service provider.

Flag Post

Well, my chat won’t load at all but there’s also red plugin which implies I’m not connected with Kong API. Any partocular ideas to fix this?

Flag Post

what browser are you using?

Flag Post

wow are u freakin kidding me, that kong is still broken and won’t load almost 18hrs later! i know open another server for COGs that will fix everything LMAO

Flag Post
Originally posted by Crispy1123:

wow are u freakin kidding me, that kong is still broken and won’t load almost 18hrs later! i know open another server for COGs that will fix everything LMAO

The current issues with games is actually entirely out of Kongregate’s hands. Kongregate only hosts the game, it’s the developers that deal with all the back-end stuff, including the servers. The servers are holding onto bad information from when Kongregate was down (which wasn’t Kongregate’s fault, either) and that’s why the games aren’t working. The developers need to work on their end, refreshing the server’s information so that the games can “talk” to Kongregate again and start working. The administrators have done everything they can to alert the developers so that they can fix their games (and many are working now) but there’s only so much they can do. If the developer doesn’t see the message, or is in a timezone where they’re sleeping, then it came take some time for them to fix the problem. With that being said, there’s no way to give a timeframe for when the games will be working again.

Flag Post

I am using google chrome, and I tried firefox as well and the chat just is not working

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ericchrist1:

I am using google chrome, and I tried firefox as well and the chat just is not working

What exactly are you seeing? Do you just never connect to chat? Is the plug green or red?

Flag Post

I’m on Firefox 16 (Win7) and I haven’t been able to connect to Kong chat or score servers all day. The plug stays red.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Holfti:

I’m on Firefox 16 (Win7) and I haven’t been able to connect to Kong chat or score servers all day. The plug stays red.

Do you get the error tab saying you can’t connect or does it keep trying to load? Screenshot would be helpful :)

Flag Post

Bug… …HUH?

Flag Post

Hi Alison!

Under the chat tab, it continually says, “Chat connection failed!”
Here’s a screenshot of the alert tab:

Flag Post

Most probably BOSH is not working or is out of sync due to yesterdays problems. That’s why it is possible to connect to Kong API only with green plug and not yellow. I already send error report so maybe someone will restart BOSH server soon.

Flag Post

Red plug and exactly the same as that image up there

Flag Post

Please get it fixed soon, new stuff comes out on DotD tonight and I need chat to get the best benefits

Flag Post

Same issue for me. Stays on red plug and same screen shot as Holfti. I’m on Windows 7 Professional. Tried using IE 9.0.10 and Chrome Version 23 with same results. Flash is working correctly. Tried using companies DNS server as well as OpenDNS. All games I tried work, nut no chat or achievements.

Flag Post

Adding the line
75.98.92.206 bosh1.kongregate.com
to the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts worked for me.
Now i get a yellow chat plug item and i can submit scores and get badges.

Flag Post

be glad its only chat for you guys, game ain’t working at all for me!!!

Flag Post

xjason is correct, it looks like BOSH was having issues after our DNS troubles. We’re fixing it right now, thanks for all your helpful feedback and extra thanks to Holfti for sending me the logs.