Connection Problem and Game Loading Problem

16 posts

Flag Post

I was not able to connect to Kongregate for over 24 hrs. I found that other people around the globe had the same problem. I went ahead and edited my hosts file with this.

75.98.92.205 www.kongregate.com

75.98.92.205 kongregate.com

75.98.92.205 cdn1.kongregate.com

75.98.92.205 cdn2.kongregate.com

75.98.92.205 cdn3.kongregate.com

75.98.92.205 cdn4.kongregate.com

Now I can get to the site but I play Senatry and the game won’t load, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Flag Post

Same problem

I use Firefox 12.0 and Win XP SP3
I tried to update to FF 16.0, clear chache, use IE. no effect

Flag Post

omg, i thought i was the only one

Flag Post

i forgot
chrome – win7 64bits
delete cache, reinstall flash – no effect
tried on IE and Firefox – no effect

Flag Post

Your going to have to reset the hosts file.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

Your going to have to reset the hosts file.

I reset the hosts file which allowed me to finally get onto Kongregate. However, none of the games work…

Flag Post

I am (along with many of the Global Kong community http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/kongregate.com.html) having the same problem as OP.

Win7 64bits
I have tried the above host fix which allowed me to log on but no games/chat working.
I have updated browser (tried 3 different browsers- FF, Chrome, IE) no luck.
I have run CCleaner; reinstalled flash

I came on forums to see if I could find information from Admins- I understand it is a DNS problem of sorts. Could we get a sticky post on the issue? Thanks!

Flag Post

Yes please, do something, many people here in Greece have the same problem. We need an official anouncement of the situation and the reasurement that there are efforts to solve this and also the average time needed to do so if known. :( I did the same changes in my ‘host’ file as mentioned above and I am fine but not all fellow players from my region are that comfortable with technology. Thank you.

Flag Post

Hey guys, you can read the the full responses to this problem here But the problem was that, about 36 hours ago (right in the middle of the night for Kong staff) our DNS provider failed making the site totally unreachable. We fixed the problem on our end (and switched DNS providers) but the bad results have been cached in various places so it’ll take awhile for the fix to propagate.

I’m incredibly sorry this is continuing to affect you guys. There are instructions for a way to fix it here that we’ve tried to publicize through our facebook and twitter. Unfortunately there’s nothing we can do to speed up the process, we just have to wait for the DNS changes to spread.

Flag Post

so we just have to wait and everything will be fine in a couple of days?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stuikerd:

Unfortunately. :-/

Flag Post

Unless you want to follow the steps here: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7-technical-support/topics/310364-if-you-are-having-kongregate-problems-try-this

Flag Post

thats just for fixing kong, but not the multiplayer games…

Flag Post

thats just for fixing kong, but not the multiplayer games…

For the multiplayer games, unfortunately, the developer needs to work on their end to fix it.

Flag Post

So should I leave the edit I did in my hosts file or return it to its original state and just wait?

Flag Post

You should revert your hosts file.

Leaving a manually created hosts record does not help you in any way, and in fact will cause further issues for you if DNS records change again in the future.