People are trying to spend Kreds in my game and can't

14 posts

Flag Post

I uploaded my game a while back and integrated it with the Kongregate API in various ways. I couldn’t get the kreds functionality to work, however, and posted in the API forum trying to solve the issue before finally getting a response from developer_support@ that the issue I was having is a known bug.

This bug has persisted for the entire time my game has been on Kongregate, and despite my growing userbase… I cannot earn any money for my work. The people who play my game on Facebook have bought plenty of stuff, and the game is about 3x as active on your site. I’ve even had a couple people apparently quit the game on Kongregate due to the bug in the Kreds feature.

So I dunno if you guys hate money or something, but it really seems like it’s in your best interest to fix this bug.

To be more specific: I cannot edit my API Callback URL in the edit pane, I selected use virtual goods when I created the game, but the checkbox is now checked and greyed out. The .mtx package of the Kongregate api shows up without causing an error, but has nothing in it. It acts as though all methods are blank. All other aspects of the Kongregate API seem to work correctly.

Flag Post

Whats the game called? Ill try it out.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/games/delosford/clout-the-game

I would appreciate something being done post-haste so I can continue advertising the game and maybe actually turn a profit from doing so. Based on projections of spend/player I should easily be able to do so and thus grow the game quite a bit… assuming Kreds are working in my game, that is.

Flag Post

This is a continuing unresolved issue, and I would really like some kind of response to it. I spent quite a bit of effort porting my game to be available on Kongregate, and have been unable to use Kreds as promised since I uploaded my game nearly 2 months ago. I’m not sure how you expect to run a successful platform using virtual goods when games that sign up for your platform don’t get access as promised.

Flag Post

You’ll probably want to e-mail support@kongregate.com. Also, they have an expected delay of up to 5 business days for responses, and you posted here during an American holiday weekend. 5 business days after last Wednesday is this coming Friday. Odds are high that they’ll get back to you before then, but that’s the estimated waiting time before you should worry about being overlooked.

Flag Post

As I’ve already stated, I’ve emailed Kongregate developer support on more than one occasion and received the reply that it’s a bug and they’re working on it. When I asked about a timetable, I received no response. It has been much more than 5 days since that.

Flag Post

Well, if you’ve already e-mailed them and gotten acknowledgement, it’s not likely they’ll continue this matter on the forums. The lack of a projected time estimate might just mean they have no idea how long it’ll take to fix it.

Flag Post

There has been an issue with game saving as well the 2 problems may be the same issue. I know at times BTD5 had the same sort of problem with kreds being spent and no item. I’m sure Kong staff has been looking into the problem so please give them a bit of time.

Flag Post

It doesn’t seem likely they’re continuing the issue ANYWHERE. That’s why I posted about it in public.

If they have no timetable for a fix, it means they aren’t working on it. Either that or your management/dev staff is massively incompetent and poorly-managed. I just can’t think of a dev meeting I’ve ever been to where “no idea” was an acceptable answer for a timetable on a major bug fix.

You are attracting developers to your site by promising features that CANNOT BE USED. This is a serious problem.

Flag Post

Were you approved to use virtual goods? Did you receive an e-mail from apps@kongregate.com confirming your request? It’s not as simple as implementing the API, I’m afraid. For games to be able to sell items to our users, they need to be approved.

Flag Post

I checked “use virtual goods” when I created my game. I also asked developer_support@ if I needed approval, and they said I didn’t and it was simply a bug.

Flag Post
Originally posted by delosford:

I checked “use virtual goods” when I created my game. I also asked developer_support@ if I needed approval, and they said I didn’t and it was simply a bug.

Based on what Z said, any game with any merchant interaction with the users needs apps@ approval. It would seem that developer_support@ was mistaken, unaware or misunderstood. I’d strongly recommend that you contact apps@ immediately.

Flag Post

I have emailed apps@. We shall see what they have to say.

Flag Post

It appears that this is an approval issue. I am currently undergoing the approval process. Perhaps let developer_support know that all games require approval first.