Is there any way I can prove my old (stolen) account was mine?

8 posts

Flag Post

Hey everyone,

This forum post is a few years out of date I guess, but I guess it’s better late than never.

My original account ‘GnomeSlice’ was taken over by someone else a few years ago, and I had to make a new one. I don’t know if someone hacked it, or even if I gave it to a friend for temporary safekeeping before going away (which, now that I think about it, actually might have been the case, unfortunately), but I’d really like the name back…

The password is changed, and the email address I probably used when creating the account is no longer accessible by me (my family had custom addresses that we’ve since shut down because there are tons of free alternatives now). I MIGHT be able to regain access to it temporarily but I doubt it, which is very unfortunate and I suspect ruins my chances for retrieving my name. =[

A particular shout on the users page indicates that the person using it now (but not using it very frequently) was once using a different account, and I’m pretty sure said account was a friend of mine on the site. This other account was created a month AFTER mine, if that lends any credence to this. I know I contacted a site admin once in the past, but I didn’t really present any useful information and so no action was taken.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to get the name back? Alternatively, can I get someone to send him an email or something and ask him if he knows anything about it?

~Gnome

Flag Post

Contact support@kongregate.com to discuss the matter privately.

Flag Post

Contact support@kongregate.com and explain what happened. Also try to give as much evidence as you can, basically what adv0catus said!

Flag Post

This is what I did in the past, and I was wondering if the community had any other suggestions for things I could do first, but I guess I can try again…

Flag Post

Not really.

Flag Post

Well what do you know about your account? What evidence do you have, to prove that it is yours.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Langley:

Well what do you know about your account? What evidence do you have, to prove that it is yours.

That’s not information that should be posted publicly.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by Langley:

That’s not information that should be posted publicly.

Oh yeah, sorry about that question.
Well just try to remember things and keep on trying to come up with proof then, email an admin.