Kong Plus/ Power Up Rewards Pro problems page 6

179 posts

Flag Post

At the very very least, kong needs to lower the price of K+ significantly, since the Gamestop PUR deal vastly undermines and overrides the value of K+. It hurts a bit more since the PUR deal came out within a month of the first renewals for k+ charter members.

How could someone in the staff NOT see this as being an issue, unfair, and unethical? Did the company just put their blinders on? Oh wait, maybe they should have split-tested it… (/joke aboot how decisions are made).

If their shit was really together, they would have presented the PUR K+ information together before renewals or been upfront with the users.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wattro:

At the very very least, kong needs to lower the price of K+ significantly, since the Gamestop PUR deal vastly undermines and overrides the value of K+. It hurts a bit more since the PUR deal came out within a month of the first renewals for k+ charter members.

How could someone in the staff NOT see this as being an issue, unfair, and unethical? Did the company just put their blinders on? Oh wait, maybe they should have split-tested it… (/joke aboot how decisions are made).

If their shit was really together, they would have presented the PUR K+ information together before renewals or been upfront with the users.

100% agree. This is what my issue was. I felt like Kong intentionally fucked me, along with all the other original K+ members, over since they knew the changes were coming and that most would be renewing only two weeks before. They HAD to have known about the change and should have let us know. That being said, ZShawdow promptly pm’d me about the situation and assured me he would refund my money, so no further complaints there. I appreciate them listening and doing the right thing when they really didn’t have to.

As far as K+ goes, it’s “worth” so much less now. They depreciated the value of their own product.
I’ve already seen several 1 month old accounts, spammers, and small children rockin’ K+.

If K+ were a woman, she’d be an old whore. She used to be special, charge a high price, and cater to only the elite (admins, mods, and srs Kong users). Now, she puts out for free when anyone buys her a cheap dinner.
But in the end, I like the way that she looks, so I’ll continue to fuck with her.

Flag Post

Let me just put it this way: Americans feel like they got jerked around because K+ is suddenly $20 cheaper for them. Us non-Americans don’t even have the promo available to us. :)

(Yes, I did originally purchase K+, multiple times.)

Obviously a lot needs to be addressed with this. Hopefully an admins will post soon and magically fix everything. :)

Flag Post

So you’re being refunded then StalCloud, is this going to be for the others that also have this problem? I purchased my K+ as well as PuR membership literally withing a week or two. And it’s not that I want my money back
A Gamestop gift card or just bonus Kreds in general. Like maybe 250 or something? It’s not that I regret spending the $30. It feels like it was basically just taken as othera have said. They knew this was coming so why not tell people first or drop the price. I would still be spending that $30 either here or Gamestop.

Flag Post

Refund isn’t a big deal for me.. it’s just really bad that there’s no proper value of K+. Yesterday it was $30, today it’s $free w/ $15 PUR, . I can go get a PUR really easily if it means not getting price gouged…

ZShadow did say the price change should probably change earlier in this thread (page 5), so hopefully it’s only a couple days into next week before someone has a good solution. :) I’d really prefer if the solution isn’t just “300 kreds”

Flag Post

Sorry for not getting back sooner. If you renewed your subscription to Kong+ within a month or two of this new update, and you are a PowerUp Reward Pro member, contact me and we can get something worked out.

As for the current status of K+ for non-Pro members, we’re still discussing this.

Flag Post

i put my friends Power Up Rewards on my account for awhile know i have my own card can i swich it to my card

Flag Post

Contact support@kongregate.com.

Flag Post

I found the problem, never mind.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cutie_cat:

I also haven’t recieved K+. Has it fixed for everyone else? Nobody is replying.

Do you get the Pro version of the card or the free one? If it is the free one that it does not come with kong+.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:
Originally posted by wattro:
Originally posted by adv0catus:

If you live in the US, it’d be better to buy PUR.

Significantly better. It seems unfair and unethical that Kongregate would allow anyone eligible for $14.99 PUR to buy K+ for $29.99. It also strikes me as unethical to charge $29.99 for K+ in any other region on the globe if the value of K+ is significantly undermined by PUR.

I’d really like someone from Kong Staff to chime in on this.

This is also to encourage PUR Pro members to join the site, and for people to sign up with PowerUp Rewards Pro. Those who receive K+ from PUR Pro do not receive 50 Kreds, either, so there is a slight price difference (it costs about $10 more to purchase K+ than it is to receive it from a $15/yr PUR Pro subscription.) It’s not our intention to be unfair to anyone – K+ just started off being $29.99, though maybe a prince change is in order. :)

Now, I just renewed my PowerUp Rewards card this very week, and received this E-mail from Gamestop:

Hi ******,

Thanks for renewing your PowerUp Rewards Pro membership!

Update your online account, and check out your Active Offers to print your Buy 2 Get 1 Free coupon for pre-owned games (worth up to $55)! It’s one of many Pro benefits and our way of showing you some love. (link)

Want even more love?
Click the banners below for bonus offers from our partners within the GameStop Network.•Visit BuyMyTronics.com for an additional $10 payout, and get even more for your
used or broken electronics.
•Click here to get your subscription to Kong Plus – a $30 Value – Free! Get beta game access, PowerUp Rewards bonus points, 50 free Kreds, plus a whole lot more!

Now, according to this very e-mail, it states I WILL receive 50 free Kreds in conjunction with renewal. I will gladly forward the e-mail to support if you wish for verification, but it says right there, “50 free Kreds”.
So, no Kreds though?

Edit:
Also must add that the “click here” takes you to HERE where it clearly states both PUR membership AND 50 free Kreds. As far as I can see, there is no place that even says the free Kreds don’t come with + when renewing PUR, except in an unsubstantiated forum post, (and I was not shown the forum post in-store when told + was part of PUR renewal). What If I had decided to renew based on this sole information of what Kong+ is? Sounds like false advertising at this point. If what you say is true that PUR members do not get free Kreds, without any clear disclaimer in either place, you are about to have a lot of very angry people.

Flag Post

Nothing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DigimortalGod:

Nothing?

It’s been said multiple times that Kreds are not a part of the deal:

Sorry for not clarifying. Because this is offered for free with a PowerUp Reward Pro account, we can’t send out 50 Kreds to everyone. Thank you for pointing it out though! It was bound to cause some confusion.

I’m sure they’ll change the terminology soon enough, but it’s not really a huge deal, since you’re still getting a $25 value for paying for a different $15 valued thing, so it’s still a great deal (that being said, the regular price of Kong+ will most likely be dropping soon enough regardless).

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:

It’s been said multiple times that Kreds are not a part of the deal:

Sorry for not clarifying. Because this is offered for free with a PowerUp Reward Pro account, we can’t send out 50 Kreds to everyone. Thank you for pointing it out though! It was bound to cause some confusion.

You urgently need to contact a lawyer that explains you some things if you seriously think a post by an admin burried somewhere on the forums matters more than information in an email that a user was sent or more than the information on the site linked in said email.
Till Kong finally cares to change the (false) information, DigimortalGod has the right to demand those Kreds, and if they refuse to give them out, he has the right to step back from the deal. Which means, he can cancel his PowerupRewards Pro and demand his money back.
He clearly didn’t get what was promised him and the 2 weeks since this new deal is avaiable were plenty of time to correct any false information.

I’m sure they’ll change the terminology soon enough, but it’s not really a huge deal, since you’re still getting a $25 value for paying for a different $15 valued thing, so it’s still a great deal (that being said, the regular price of Kong+ will most likely be dropping soon enough regardless).

It’s completely irrelevant if it’s still a great deal, it only matters that he didn’t get what the page information promised him.

Flag Post

I don’t need to do anything, though, and if people are really so upset about this, then I’m sure they can go demand their money back and forfeit their Kong+ and PUR accounts, though I’m seriously doubting that anyone is truly upset about getting $25 for free instead of $30, they’re just wondering about it. I really wouldn’t go demanding to get my $15 back because I only got $40 worth of product instead of $45.

I could also argue that the correct terminology on the Kong+ page says “As a ‘thank you’ for signing up for Kong plus, you’ll receive a one-time package of 50 Kreds,” so since signing up for a PUR rewards account is not signing up for a Kong+ account, but rather it is giving you a Kong+ account for free (there’s a distinction between the two scenarios), you will not be given these Kreds, as you did not sign up for Kong+. Signing up for a PUR account might mean that you become a Kong+ member, but it does not mean that you signed up to be one. Kong+ is a paid subscription, so to be able to qualify as “signing up” for it, you must be paying for it, not getting it as a bonus add-on from another subscription, thus Kongregate is justified in not crediting 50 Kreds ($5 worth of real money) to multiple people for free, all that would do is de-value them.

EDIT @below: I’m not making any more posts, because it seems you’re just cutting out parts of my posts and leaving others behind, not sure if it’s because you don’t want to argue against them, or because you missed them, but it’s already derailing the thread too much. The fact of the matter is that they will not be giving these Kreds out to people, period. No matter how much debate happens, it will not end up happening, so I suggest we just drop the subject.

EDIT @below2: Even funnier how you say you’re leaving and then you don’t, I appreciate your concern over the subject when it’s clear that nothing will be happening. Beating a dead horse comes to mind. You also seem to be under the impression that you know more than others do, and that I don’t know at all what’s happening. If the administration has outright said that it’s not happening, then I’m sorry, but I’m going to believe that rather than what someone else says.

Flag Post

I don’t need to do anything, though, and if people are really so upset about this, then I’m sure they can go demand their money back and forfeit their Kong+ and PUR accounts, though I’m seriously doubting that anyone is truly upset about getting $25 for free instead of $30, they’re just wondering about it.

The decision should be left to those that bought it in the believe that the deal included the 50 Kreds. Not our right to judge if they are upset over nothing or if they are upset with good reason. And for sure not right to tell these people “Hey, you still made a great deal, why do you even care about the 50 Kreds. Be happy with what you got”.

I could also argue that the correct terminology on the Kong+ page says “As a ‘thank you’ for signing up for Kong plus, you’ll receive a one-time package of 50 Kreds,” so since signing up for a PUR rewards account is not signing up for a Kong+ account, but rather it is giving you a Kong+ account for free (there’s a distinction between the two scenarios), you will not be given these Kreds, as you did not sign up for Kong+. Signing up for a PUR account might mean that you become a Kong+ member, but it does not mean that you signed up to be one.

I wonder if the below quoted is still ambiguously enough for you too to desperatly defend Kong administration as usually:

•Click here to get your subscription to Kong Plus – a $30 Value – Free! Get beta game access, PowerUp Rewards bonus points, 50 free Kreds, plus a whole lot more!

EDIT @below: I’m not making any more posts, because it seems you’re just cutting out parts of my posts and leaving others behind, not sure if it’s because you don’t want to argue against them, or because you missed them, but it’s already derailing the thread too much. The fact of the matter is that they will not be giving these Kreds out to people, period. No matter how much debate happens, it will not end up happening, so I suggest we just drop the subject.

Funny how you first add more lines to your post (what I quoted was all your wrote before, anything else was added by you later on) and then blame me for missing points ;) Also, do you work for Kong now that you know what will happen? No? Then stop acting as if you did.

Only to answer one of the things that you added:

Kong+ is a paid subscription, so to be able to qualify as “signing up” for it, you must be paying for it, not getting it as a bonus add-on from another subscription, thus Kongregate is justified in not crediting 50 Kreds ($5 worth of real money) to multiple people for free, all that would do is de-value them.

Open your eyes and take a look at the landing page, it’s in bold letters even:

Anyways, I’m out of this thread for now, not interested in turning it into a personal fight.

Flag Post

I don’t need to do anything, though, and if people are really so upset about this, then I’m sure they can go demand their money back and forfeit their Kong+ and PUR accounts, though I’m seriously doubting that anyone is truly upset about getting $25 for free instead of $30, they’re just wondering about it. I really wouldn’t go demanding to get my $15 back because I only got $40 worth of product instead of $45.

I could also argue that the correct terminology on the Kong+ page says “As a ‘thank you’ for signing up for Kong plus, you’ll receive a one-time package of 50 Kreds,” so since signing up for a PUR rewards account is not signing up for a Kong+ account, but rather it is giving you a Kong+ account for free (there’s a distinction between the two scenarios), you will not be given these Kreds, as you did not sign up for Kong+. Signing up for a PUR account might mean that you become a Kong+ member, but it does not mean that you signed up to be one. Kong+ is a paid subscription, so to be able to qualify as “signing up” for it, you must be paying for it, not getting it as a bonus add-on from another subscription, thus Kongregate is justified in not crediting 50 Kreds ($5 worth of real money) to multiple people for free, all that would do is de-value them.

Or… or, they could just get sued for false advertising. My problem is not with whether or not it is a good deal, just that you cannot tell people they will get something as part of a deal in multiple places, and then say “oh, sorry we didn’t mean that part.” Stuff like that gets you sued. Yes, there are those people that are willing to rape a company over a 5$ misprint, but they exist nonetheless. I’m also not too fond of a company that makes false promises, no matter how small they may be. I have always loved Gamestop AND Kong, but personal feelings do not change the fact that they HAVE to change this, and it still doesn’t exempt those who are entitled to their 5$ in monopoly money that have already gotten Kong+ through this deal.

And you CANNOT argue this terminology (since you seem to like that):
“•Click here to get your subscription to Kong Plus – a $30 Value – Free! Get beta game access, PowerUp Rewards bonus points, 50 free Kreds, plus a whole lot more!”
That comes in the thank you e-mail for renewing PUR. Clearly says “50 Free Kreds”, or is this something I dreamed up?

Flag Post

Well, It has been more than 24 hours since I made my initial post, yet still no one official has chimed in on these findings, (unless a moderator is also an official Kong rep/spokesperson, in which case we have even more problems). I would just like to know why I am NOT entitled to what is clearly shown as part of the package. So far I have let this stayed buried in a technical forum post, but this is obvious false advertising, and maybe it needs to be brought to more peoples attention in a more publicly used setting. If there are no answers at all, then it’s no longer about 5$ in play money, but about a company not delivering what was promised in many places, and trying to sweep it under a carpet.

Flag Post

[…](unless a moderator is also an official Kong rep/spokesperson[…]

We’re not.

Flag Post

Well, It has been more than 24 hours since I made my initial post….

It’s Sunday, the kong staff get weekends off too, and it has kinda been answered before. You’re not entitled to the 50 kreds because it would be too costly to kong to do that, you could try and sue but asides breaking rule #1 you would be sueing to get $5, which is foolish.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:

It’s Sunday, the kong staff get weekends off too, and it has kinda been answered before. You’re not entitled to the 50 kreds because it would be too costly to kong to do that, you could try and sue but asides breaking rule #1 you would be sueing to get $5, which is foolish.

Indeed, the Kongregate staff like to have weekends off, as crazy as that may sound.

uuu2, I think it’s the principle of the matter.

With that being said, if you’re waiting for an administrator response, fine. If you’re going to escalate the matter into a legal issue, I think it’s very unwise to continue this discussion.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by uuu2:

Indeed, the Kongregate staff like to have weekends off, as crazy as that may sound.

uuu2, I think it’s the principle of the matter.

With that being said, if you’re waiting for an administrator response, fine. If you’re going to escalate the matter into a legal issue, I think it’s very unwise to continue this discussion.

I know, everyone should get a weekend off, (especially the Superbowl). I don’t have plans to take legal action either. Someone else may see this and get that idea, since it does fit into the legal grounds for falsification, but I am not that ambitious. As I said, I just want to know HOW they can do this and why they think no one will notice or make a big issue out of it. Simply stating “We can’t give that to you (even though it clearly says we will) because it would be too costly for Kong,” is not going to fly, even if it is true. As I said, it is this line in an official e-mail that disturbs me most:

Click here to get your subscription to Kong Plus – a $30 Value – Free! Get beta game access, PowerUp Rewards bonus points, 50 free Kreds, plus a whole lot more!

All I need is a disclaimer predating this e-mail stating that they can cancel any part of the package at any time even post-signing up, OR just CHANGE THE E-MAIL or WEBPAGE, but that’s not retroactive, damage done.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I’m sorry that you’re interpreting what I’m saying in a negative tone, but I’m simply trying to state that since an administrator has said that they are not giving out these Kreds as a part of this offer, then they’re not giving out Kreds as a part of this offer. It might be said different somewhere else, but I have decided to side with what was most recently said, which was posted in this thread, not in the emails. And I can edit my posts as much as I like, it’s easier than simply flooding a thread with off-topic nonsense.

Flag Post

I’m sorry that you’re interpreting what I’m saying in a negative tone, but I’m simply trying to state that since an administrator has said that they are not giving out these Kreds as a part of this offer, then they’re not giving out Kreds as a part of this offer. It might be said different somewhere else, but I have decided to side with what was most recently said, which was posted in this thread, not in the emails. And I can edit my posts as much as I like, it’s easier than simply flooding a thread with off-topic nonsense.

Then I apologize for my interpretation. All I know is that what is advertised cannot be detracted with a simple forum post and expected to not be false advertising. I also noticed you mentioned that I could simply get a refund on my product, (which you are correct, that would be silly), and in which case will save them from false advertising. However, having talked to Gamestop, there is no refund on a PUR membership.
So now I do not get what I was promised AND I am told I cannot get a refund for it. That is deceptive and shady. I understand it may have been a mistake on their part by not removing the free Kreds from links associated with PUR, but they STILL HAVEN’T, nor have I received an official response to this inquiry yet.