Problem Loading games

24 posts

Flag Post

I cannot load any game. The game starts loading then the screen changes to 3 suggested games on Kongregate and nothing else. It started a few days ago but only happened a few times but now it is every game I click on.

Flag Post

Does this help?

Flag Post

That did not fix the problem. Browser is up to date as well as Flash player. No add-ons. Any other ideas what could be causing the problem?

Flag Post

Is your JavaScript enabled in the options/permissions table? Maybe try re-installling your Flash player and JavaScript, etc.

Flag Post

Update your java/flash player and make sure you delete cookies in case its just lag.

Flag Post

Don’t delete your cookies, that will delete all your save files.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

Don’t delete your cookies, that will delete all your save files.

I still don’t get this, since flash cookies are not the same as regular cookies as far as I can tell. I’ve deleted my cookies multiple times before and my data is still here, I haven’t lost any of it in the past five years from clearing my cookies.

Relevant:

When you delete cookies using your browser controls, your Flash cookies are not affected.

Flag Post

It was a change implemented by Adobe sometime in mid-2011. They integrated Flash into existing browser functions for clearing history so that Flash cookies would be treated as browser cookies in a general deletion even though they reside in different locations.

Edit: Here’s an article about the change: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-20059653-75.html

Flag Post

I’m getting this same problem. If I try over and over I can eventually get to the game, and the problem only started a week or so ago and I had not changed any settings or anything at that time. As the OP noted, the game starts loading, then switches to a Kongregate page showing links to 3 different Kong games (sometimes including the game I was trying to get to). The URL, however, remains that of the game I was trying to get to. Refreshing doesn’t do a thing, but if I have gone directly to the link (as opposed to opening in a new tab) it will start reloading the desired game again – mostly just ending up at the 3 game links again, but sometimes loading correctly.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:

It was a change implemented by Adobe sometime in mid-2011. They integrated Flash into existing browser functions for clearing history so that Flash cookies would be treated as browser cookies in a general deletion even though they reside in different locations.

Edit: Here’s an article about the change: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-20059653-75.html

Still doesn’t explain why it didn’t delete any of my games when I last cleared my cookies, which was under a year ago for sure, but thanks, I haven’t done too much looking into it, so I’m not entirely sure how it all works, just what I’ve seen.

EDIT: The article is about IE anyways, and I haven’t used IE regularly in close to half of my life.

Flag Post

Yep, originally it was only IE users that had that. Other browsers now also do it, but I’m not sure which versions of which browsers.

Flag Post

I’m having the same problem. Just started since i last logged on about a week ago.

Flag Post

same here, other sites no problem loading but Kongregate has been rather laggy and I get that 3 ads instead of game loading for any game I click on.

Flag Post

The same thing is occurring for me, as well, when trying to load Kong on Internet Explorer. I am running Windows 7 OS. IE 9.0.8112.16421, Update Version 9.0.12 (KB2761465). I have not deleted IE history or cookies and all my Flash save files are present in their folder (C:\Users\…\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\…). Note: Firefox is working fine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fellstar:

I’m getting this same problem. If I try over and over I can eventually get to the game

Just an update…the problem has continued until today, but I just had a look under the Tools menu of IE9, and noticed the Compatibility View was checked. I unchecked it just to see what happened and the problem seems to have resolved…
Playing around in the Compatibility View settings might lead to a more precise identification of the problem, I don’t know.

Flag Post

My problem started when i upgraded my maproom on Backyard Monsters, i cant get on game now it says oops something broke, any ideas guys

Flag Post
Originally posted by tigerlily55:

My problem started when i upgraded my maproom on Backyard Monsters, i cant get on game now it says oops something broke, any ideas guys

That’s unfortunately an issue that the game’s develeoper, Kixeye, has not cared to fix the last 1 1/2 years.
See this thread or this newer one.

However, Backyard Monsters will be taken down on Kong on Feb 18th anyways, therefore regard it as early end of the game for you, here on Kong.

Sorry for these bad news for you :(

Flag Post

Earlier Fellstar posted…
Just an update…the problem has continued until today, but I just had a look under the Tools menu of IE9, and noticed the Compatibility View was checked. I unchecked it just to see what happened and the problem seems to have resolved…
Playing around in the Compatibility View settings might lead to a more precise identification of the problem, I don’t know.

Fellstar, thanks for your post. This corrected the issue for me as well. someone should officially post about this, maybe even sticky it somewhere or note on main kongregate screen, as I wonder how many people have had this problem that simply gave up.

Flag Post

Instead of looking under the option in IE9 to able/disable Compatibility View, you can look at the searchbar. There should be an animation of a page riped apart. If you click at it, it will do the same thing. It worked for me to click on that button.
Thank you for the answer Fellstar

Flag Post

I have been having similar problems for the past two/three days. I can access Kong, and I can do anything else I want on the web, but whenever I get to a game the connection icon is always red/broken. And I’m not entirely sure why. Everything else seems to be perfectly fine. One second I was playing Legend of the Void 2, then next time (half an hour later), I could no longer, though I was still connected.

And as a sidenote, I use Firefox most the time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Selow:

I have been having similar problems for the past two/three days. I can access Kong, and I can do anything else I want on the web, but whenever I get to a game the connection icon is always red/broken. And I’m not entirely sure why. Everything else seems to be perfectly fine. One second I was playing Legend of the Void 2, then next time (half an hour later), I could no longer, though I was still connected.

And as a sidenote, I use Firefox most the time.

See if this post helps any.

Flag Post

im not getting the ads but i got a glitch im calling the bad gifts glitch cause i got a gift from som1 after reloading and i just got a black screen after,didnt even bring up the loader,i got up-to-date flashplayer,firefox,and i know other stuff works fine like backyard monsters and others,any idea what to do?

Flag Post

I was having black screen problems lately on the games. I finally remembered that a while back Kong was having problems with a bunch of DNS servers and I changed the dns host settings directly for Kong. After removing the kong direct info from my host list everything appears to be back to normal with no more black screens. I do have the latest FF browser and flash update and was still having the problem. If you were here around that time and are having problems loading or with blackscreens, you might want to check if you removed the kong info.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheRelic:

I was having black screen problems lately on the games. I finally remembered that a while back Kong was having problems with a bunch of DNS servers and I changed the dns host settings directly for Kong. After removing the kong direct info from my host list everything appears to be back to normal with no more black screens. I do have the latest FF browser and flash update and was still having the problem. If you were here around that time and are having problems loading or with blackscreens, you might want to check if you removed the kong info.

This.

Thanks for solving my issue, TheRelic :-D