Playing any game on Kong Issue

15 posts

Flag Post

Ok so it seems as if I can’t play any games on congregate with this laptop? If I go on another computer or desktop it works I can play the games perfectly fine but I would like to have this fixed for my windows 8 computer.

Ok so when I go to click and play a game after it’s done loading the game it just brings me to another page with 3 games like the advertisements at the bottom of every game… So I click the back button and it just does it over and over again making me unable to play the game. Any thoughts? I know it’s my computer because I have a laptop right next to me that allows the game to carry on playing.

Flag Post

Can you post the URL of the page you’re being redirected to?

Flag Post

Now it’s letting me play somewhat but after very few actions the whole page just refreshes?

It sorta just does either the refreshing like what I said just above this ^ and does what the main topic is about for me.

Flag Post

I’ve been having the same problem. It’s random in nature, although more common at night or weekends. Here’s the url it sends me to:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/5thPlanetGames/dawn-of-the-dragons

Sometimes I can hit the Back button and go back and play the game normally, although that’s an uncommon result.

Flag Post

That’s pretty strange. Are you both using Windows 8? Which web browser are you both running?

Does it do this from another web browser as well?
Are you running any add-ons for your web browsers?

Flag Post

I want to move my Rotmg kong account to the normal website, how can i do that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by joshisso:

I want to move my Rotmg kong account to the normal website, how can i do that?

Contact the developer.

Flag Post

I have noticed the same problem for Windows 8. Some easy solutions for it would be:

- Make sure if you’re using IE, that it is your Default Browser.
- Make sure if you’re using Google Chrome, that it is your Default Browser.
Both of these reasons are because they have updated their browsers for Windows 8 so they run better.
Also make sure you have updated these browsers.

Or, simply just Download Mozilla Firefox and run it from the desktop mode for Windows 8. If you don’t have the Desktop mode icon, create a shortcut from the Apps, It should be on the far left hand side when you’re looking at all apps and files.

I suggest using Google Chrome as your browser because for Windows 8, it runs the best. I don’t believe Firefox has made a dedicated browser for Windows 8 yet. Chrome, when being the default browser, will run in the Windows 8 and not need the desktop as long as it is fully updated and default browser. And like the desktop icon, Google Chrome has a tile as well.

Flag Post

I’m still using W7, with IE9 as my default browser. A couple of the games I’d been playing for a few weeks before this problem developed, and I’ve done nothing new to my system in the meantime. What game I’m attempting to play doesn’t seem to matter for the problem to crop up.

Flag Post

Can you try from a web browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome and see if you receive the same error when playing games?

Flag Post

I have been having this problem, along with a few other people (“Problem Loading games” thread), and I just posted there that unchecking the Compatibility View under the Tools of IE9 seems to resolve the problem. Not sure if similar things will work if people using other browsers are having similar issues.

As the OP said above, I hadn’t changed any settings either, and the problem was certainly not game-specific. I could always get the game to work by pressing the Back button, but it would often take many many tries.

Anyway, hopefully this solves your problem.

Flag Post

I need help this is happening to me and there is a guild battle tonight on wartune and it keeps sending me to 3 games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sith101:

I need help this is happening to me and there is a guild battle tonight on wartune and it keeps sending me to 3 games.

“unchecking the Compatibility View under the Tools of IE9 seems to resolve the problem.” – Fellstar

Flag Post

To anyone experiencing problems, does it do this for all games? Can you list some of the games this error occurs on?

Flag Post

Happens to me with any game, IE9 on Win XP 64 Pro. On compatability view settings I can uncheck “Include updated websites from Microsoft” to fix this issue, but then I cannot click on my account profile at the top of the page to do anything with it. If I revert back to compatability view it seems to generally stay ok to use for the rest of the time that instance of IE9 is up and running, but then I have to repeat this process for every time I start a new IE instance (window and tab) again; however that is also in conjunction with shutting down/powering back on again so that could be a factor too.