Hosting a flash game

6 posts

Flag Post

Hi kongregate team!

My question is more about the website than a game. I just curious about the hosting of a flash game. Do you need to ask the original games makers the right to host a game, or you just can…host it like that?

ANyway, I’m just curious, have a lot of games in here…haha!

Bye!

Flag Post

Unless there is explicit permission given by a game’s creator(s), only the creator(s) may upload a game to Kongregate. By uploading a game to Kongregate, a user claims ownership of the game and gives Kongregate permission to host it. If that is found to be false, the stolen content is removed and the uploader is banned.

Flag Post

Written permission from the original developer to Kongregate (support@kongregate.com should be fine) is acceptable.

Edit: to elaborate on what IceWeaselX said, uploading stolen games (without express written permission, it’s considered stolen) is a big no-no on Kongregate. The first offence warrants a week ban and the game is removed. The second offence is a permaban and, of course, the game is removed.

Flag Post

Oh! I see! So Kongregate don’t brings flash games on his website, game developpers put them on Kongregate themselves.

So if I want to host a game, I need to ask for it.

Very sad, I was trying to host the 3 version of Fantastic Contraption (1,2 and Prius), but nor inXile neither sparworkz answers me…

Flag Post
Originally posted by marcxb:

Oh! I see! So Kongregate don’t brings flash games on his website, game developpers put them on Kongregate themselves.

So if I want to host a game, I need to ask for it.

Very sad, I was trying to host the 3 version of Fantastic Contraption (1,2 and Prius), but nor inXile neither sparworkz answers me…

All three of those games have already been uploaded, by the developers.

Flag Post

Yes I know, but I’d like to host it in my own website. Wich is a little more complicated I think.

My probleme is not to put the game in the site, it’s to get the rights of hosting them. I don’t want to be sued or anything so I’m being carefull!