Page scroll issue

4 posts

Flag Post

Every time I’m in game, then go to either click a profile on the chat next to the game, the entire page scrolls to the very bottom. I’m running the latest version of Chrome, and this only started happening after the latest update to Kong. Anyone else having this problem, because it’s getting annoying.

Flag Post

It may have to do with your browser security with regard to scripts. The links in chat aren’t standard HTML. They’re scripted, but they use HTML anchors to function (the anchors point to the game page you are on with a # appended to the end; a # in an HREF can target places on a page other than the top, which is how links send people halfway or all the way down a page).

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:

It may have to do with your browser security with regard to scripts. The links in chat aren’t standard HTML. They’re scripted, but they use HTML anchors to function (the anchors point to the game page you are on with a # appended to the end; a # in an HREF can target places on a page other than the top, which is how links send people halfway or all the way down a page).

Kind of strange how they’re chat links and they send me down the page though if this is the case.

Flag Post

Well, here’s an example of one method of using scripted links.

<a href=“#” onClick=“scriptedFunction()”>

The # is just to make the text linkable, but isn’t intended to send you off the page. If you’re already on a page and get sent to the same page with a #, it will in most cases scroll you to the anchor without reloading. I’m not sure why it would scroll you to the bottom with a blank anchor, though.