WASD or Arrow Keys "stick" on moving games only on Kongregate - Problem solved, check the sticky!

329 posts

Flag Post

Please Note: This problem has a solution. Please visit this thread to read about it. Thanks!

So to be more detailed, This happens whenever I play a game which involves doing anything with The arrow Keys or WASD but only on Kongregate. I press a key, for example “Left”, and my charater will keep going left until I click “left” again. This doesn’t happen on every click, but rather every three or four. This Is NOT a mechanical problem, and so I’m wondering if it has something to do with the flashplayer?
Thanks in advance for answering

Flag Post

and its nothing to do with the “Sticky Keys” accessability feature

Flag Post

Ok, does this happen on multiple browsers? If not, which browser gives you the problem? If it happens on all… reinstall your flash player.

Flag Post

Sometimes this happens when stuff gets caught under the keyboard. It presses against the buttons under the keyboard have has weird effects. Try cleaning out your keyboard.

As for it only happening on Kongregate, try reinstalling flash.

Flag Post

It happens on Firefox and Internet browser and I reinstalled flash player but it still happens. maybe I should just live with it? and trust me, its nothing mechanical, for other reasons I just had my keyboard replaced. (This is a laptop)

Flag Post

Strange. If this is only on Kongregate, might be a lag issue, possibly pertaining to the chat system on Kong. Of course, this is all just hypothetical.

How fast is your internet connection? That could be the proble, if it’s slow.. Of course, it can also be that the lag can be coming from your laptop, if it is an old laptop.

That’s what I think though, so you can check it if you want to. Maybe someone else who is more informed can chime in.

Flag Post

Good thinking, but my Internet connection is prime quality, (father works with Microsoft and needs it when he’s home)
and this laptop is only a yearish only toshiba work laptop

Flag Post

actually its alll my keys

Flag Post

In those games, put /frame at the end of the URL. That will remove the chat and only leave the game.

See if the problem persists. If it does, I’m not sure what’s causing it, if it doesn’t, the chat is lagging the game.

Flag Post

I have exactly the same problem

Flag Post

meto

Flag Post

For all of you having this problem…. hit your shift button 6 times until a popup appears that discusses your “sticky” keys settings. Turn off sticky keys.

Flag Post

I know it’s a dead thread, but I’m getting the same problem, and only recently. I just got IE8 the other day, could that be it?
Oh, and I have dial-up, but that’s never been a factor before.

Flag Post

Ok this annoying thing is happening to me too. It didn’t happen a few months ago though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Eyedol:

For all of you having this problem…. hit your shift button 6 times until a popup appears that discusses your “sticky” keys settings. Turn off sticky keys.

Have you tried this?

Flag Post

I am having this exact same problem.

NO, before someone suggests it, it is not a problem with my keyboard. I have tested it in multiple text programs, none of the actual keys on my keyboard are getting physically stuck. I am not having keys repeat themselves. I tried another keyboard, and it is having the same problem, ONLY in Flash games.

And NO, before someone else suggests it, IT IS NOT STICKY KEYS. They are turned off, I checked that when I first started having this problem.

To continue, now that I have handled the common suggestions people seem to make. When playing Flash games that require direct movement (eg, Bubble Tanks 2, Five Minutes To Kill (Yourself), Portal Defenders, games with movement controls like those). I have updated Flash, reloaded, everything I can think of, and still have this problem. Searching the internet has developed no solutions, just people responding with the above mentioned ideas.

Does anyone have an original answer, as to what could cause this problem?

Flag Post

Same here – I can’t play any game with WASD or arrow keys on Kongregate on my Sony Vaio running Vista 32-bit but everything works fine on my desktop running XP. Is this a Vista problem?

Flag Post

It is entirely possible, as I am running Vista also. It could be a Vista problem, or an IE 8 problem, or just a device driver problem. I do not have an XP system to check it against anymore, as both of our computers are Vista 32 now. I wish someone with actual technical expertise checked these forums ocassionally.

Flag Post

You know what? I think this is a vista problem. I have an XP computer and that had no problems. What’s wrong with vista then?

Flag Post

I’ve had the same problem but not just with IE8. It’s been doing it on Firefox and IE7 before I upgraded. It’s extremely annoying but the funny thing is it doesn’t happen on all games. I play a lot of the flash games and only certian ones have the problem (the most recent being Five Minutes to Kill (Yourself))

I haven’t found a solution either. I thought it was the repeat rate settings, like if you hold in W and it start repeating itself, but I turned that off and it still didn’t work.

I’m stumped.

Flag Post

Same here, I just can’t press any buttons at all or they stick.

Vista 64 bit, IE 8 here

Flag Post

Have you tried this?

And no I’m not talking to Cuessane.

Flag Post

I tried that one, didn’t work, seems to be a Vista problem.

Flag Post

I’ve got it to. This makes many games unplayable.
It’s not a “Vista problem” as some suggest or a Vista 64-bit issue. I’ve been using Vista 64-bit for months and this only started recently. If anything, this could be related to IE8. However others in this thread report it happening with Firefox. Adobe and Microsoft have no mention of this in their public support knowledge bases.
End result is that things are broken. I’ve given up trying to fix it.

Flag Post

Right now I was able to play only with minor bugs, this doesn’t seem to be a permament problem somehow.