WASD or Arrow Keys "stick" on moving games only on Kongregate - Problem solved, check the sticky! page 2

329 posts

Flag Post

Everyone having this problem, try using Google Chrome. I have Vista and had this problem when I was using IE8.
Hope this works for you guys (:

Flag Post

I’ve recently noticed this on both AdultSwimGames with badges on the home page.
Either they won’t accept keyboard inputs, or the keys stick without a way to un-stick them.
The games are currently unplayable.

Vista Home Premium – Build 6001, SP 1
IE 8.0.6001.18702
Flash 10.0.22.87
PS2 keyboard connection
USB mouse

I may install FireFox at some point, but I shouldn’t need to if I want to play a game. Google Chrome is not for me. Tried it, don’t like it. I currently like some of the extras IE 8 offers, and there is no compelling reason to switch.

Flag Post

I had the same problem, for me it helped to stop using IE8.

Flag Post

Hey everyone – we’ve heard numerous reports of IE8 users having problems with sticking keys, especially on Adult Swim games, though occasionally elsewhere. I’d like to know if people are still having this problem. Also, Eyedol pointed out a potential test for this: if you are having problems with 5 Minutes, try this link: http://a.kongregate.com/games/AdultSwimGames/five-minutes-to-kill-yourself/frame/1. It will let you play the game directly without the chat. If it’s still lagging there, then that rules out our chat app. If not, then that helps us narrow down the problem. I’ll be checking this thread – please let me know how things are behaving now. Thanks!

Flag Post

The problem happen within the ‘chatless’ games too, and is also happening with Meat Boy (just for an example game not from AdultSwim)
Vista 32 bit laptop (new, so not the keyboard)
Sticky keys disabled
Only happening within Kongregate
Using IE8

Flag Post

I have the same problem :(
First, i checked sticky keys, they are off,i had ie7, so i upgraded to ie8 and it didn’t help.I reinstalled flash player.But the weird thing is that if i download a game trainer, like stick arena, it will play normally.And i have vista too.I even tried the secret browser.And my internet slowed down a little after that.

Flag Post

I have the same problem – on Learn To Fly and on Shift 4. Shift 4 is unplayable like this.

One time, I noticed that the right arrow key was “stuck down” when Shift 4 started – i.e. it’s some state outside the game code that doesn’t get cleared on refresh.

I’m running IE8 on Windows 7 RC, 64-bit. This is on a new, beefy machine.
I’ve tried the “/frame/1” url, same problem.

Flag Post

I’m having the same problem too, and it’s definitely not keyboard issues. I’m running IE8 and Vista 64-bit.

Flag Post

I’ve had this problem awhile too, and have been following this thread. Are all of us with the problem on a laptop? I am.

Flag Post

i’ve got this problem too. and yes i’m also on a laptop.

Flag Post

This problem started the same day I changed to IE8. I was convinced it was due to IE8 until I read this post. Now I’m not a 100% since other people with other browser has the same problem… and it still doesn’t work in compability view. It certainly “feels” like a sticky key problem but I can’t fix it. Most WASD-games are completly unplayable with this problem.

This is what I’ve tried so far:

• Disableing sticky keys (even disabled the press shift 5 times to turn it on)
  • Updateing the flash-plugin for IE8 to 10.0.22.87
  • Using /frame/1 after the url
  • Running Kongregate.com in compability view (as IE8 interprets code different(better?) than IE7)
  • I’ve even tried all of this ín “IE8 private mode”
    All unsuccesful. (Have a laptop, year and a half but still quite powerful, with Vista 64 business )

These are the games I’ve tried and also found the problem in since it first occured:
Learn to fly
Bubble Tank 2
Frantic
Portal: the flash version
Hero’s Arms (worked last time I played it strangely enough)
Shift 3&4
…and a few I can’t remember

In other words all WASD-games I’ve tried since first experiencing the problem.
Hopefully we’ll get/find/think of a solution soon.

Cheers

Flag Post

I have this problem too and i’m not on a laptop :*(

Flag Post

I am also having this problem, I noticed it first by Shift 4. Also on laptop, Windows Vista and IE8. I wouldn’t like to have to change my browser, because I like IE8. Does anyone knows what is happening with the site? I have also tried reinstaling, deleting cookies, and nothing worked. Has someone managed to solve it?

Flag Post

By the way, just installed the IE8 updates that were released between today and yesterday, no change at all.

Flag Post

I tried Google Chrome, and that fixes it.
So, I only have the key-sticking problem with IE.

I’m not sure if that means IE8 is the problem – it could instead be a difference between the ActiveX and other-browser versions of Flash. Same version number in both cases – 10.0.22.87.

Btw my machine is a desktop, not a laptop.

Flag Post

Hey all im another 1 with this problem, does it on other websites like miniclips for me, i have lastest drivers for me keyboard dosent get stuck on any other program/game apart from these flash games
Stikcy Keys Disabled
Vista 64-bit
IE8.0.6001.18762
Flash 10.0.22.87

Flag Post

it does this for me too, and also it did it on ie 7 so, its not an ie8 problem, although i do think its a problem with vista

Flag Post

i just discovered this problem a few days ago. and it’s driving me insane. i had NEVER had this problem before. i think it is a problem with IE8. it didn’t occure until i got it. so far the games i’ve noticed it a affecting are that penguin flying game and shift 4. i had no problem playing the penguin game before IE8. but i hadn’t played shift 4 before i got it.

Flag Post

i also want to point out that this happens only on kongregate. i have tried shift 4 on armor games and learn to fly on max games and both worked just fine. it’s not solely IE8’s fault. if it is IE8 at all. i love Kon and all but if i can’t find a solution soon or Kon doesn’t do somthing then i might just have to give up on Kongregate.

Flag Post

I just got the problem two days ago and have tried everything from uninstalling flash player to switching back to ie7 and nothing seems to work. I tried the same games on other websites like addicting games and amorgames and I have no problem at all it seem to be a problem with kongregate.

Flag Post

The problem has to be something with Internet Explorer and kongregate working together. A fix is to download and run google chrome, but google chrome isnt as user friendly as internet explorer.

Flag Post

Just got a new laptop, it didn’t happen on my old computer (Windows XP) with IE7, now I have a windows vista with IE8. Maybe it’s something with IE8, Vista combined?

Flag Post

I definitely think this is a Vista problem. I’m staying at a friend’s house for the summer, and their home computer is a Vista, which has this problem. However, the computers at my house are XP and still can play the games fine (they are IE8), AND my 5-year-old laptop can play the games just fine (again, Windows XP). Stupid vista…

Flag Post

I fixed the problem by installing Google Chrome.
Thanks ChemicalPandaa for the idea.

Flag Post

I have Vista and had no problem with any of the games till I udated to IE8. Now any game the uses arrow/wasd keys on kongregate is unplayable. Same games work on other sites.