WASD or Arrow Keys "stick" on moving games only on Kongregate - Problem solved, check the sticky! page 7

329 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Revi_M_Fadli:

Whenever i play games on Kong that use arrow keys for control(Shadowreign, boxhead, etc.), sometimes my character moves unstoppably one-way only(left, right, up, or down).
It happens on most Kong games that uses arrow keys for movement(WASD dont seem to have this problem, or at least for me).Can anybody tell me what’s actually going on Kongregate?

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7-technical-support/topics/67250-fix-for-keys-sticking-in-games-in-internet-explorer

Flag Post

This happens to me on some games, like here on Kong, and on another site, Nitrome, alot on Nitrome.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tigerson13:

This happens to me on some games, like here on Kong, and on another site, Nitrome, alot on Nitrome.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7-technical-support/topics/67250-fix-for-keys-sticking-in-games-in-internet-explorer

Flag Post

There is an issue with IE8 and Flash v10. Try updating your flash or if the problem persists, you will simply have to use another browser.

Flag Post
Originally posted by joey353:

There is an issue with IE8 and Flash v10. Try updating your flash or if the problem persists, you will simply have to use another browser.

Or you could check out the first post/numerous other posts in this topic, and see a link to the fix here.

Flag Post

this hapens to me and i have a desktop keyboard …its new so it isnt the keyboard..it really annoys me it seems to get stuck on a direction even when i am not rpessign anything…why is this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Alpha500:

this hapens to me and i have a desktop keyboard …its new so it isnt the keyboard..it really annoys me it seems to get stuck on a direction even when i am not rpessign anything…why is this?

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7/topics/32448?page=3#posts-971187

Flag Post

I’m assuming it’s Vista, because with all of you people saying you have Vista and this problem, it only makes sense. Plus, I have the same blasted problem.

Flag Post

Read the sticky:
Fix for Keys sticking in Games in Internet Explorer

Flag Post

I think the title should mention that this problem is already solved, and that they should check out the first post. There have been so many people now that have still posted that they have the problem, while a sticky was made some time ago.

Flag Post

Good idea, I’ll change it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bbiernat:
SOLVED: Tools---Internet Options --- Security tab --- uncheck protected mode. or Tools---Internet Options --- Security tab --- click -trusted sites - click sites - uncheck require server - click add (Make sure you also have unchecked protected mode for this zone) This will disable it for only the site you add. This solved the problem but obviously will weakens your security. I would recommend you only disable this when you go to sites you trust that have this problem. Tested with IE8 on Windows 7 RC. I also think it will work with Vista and IE 7. I tested with the game shift 4. Good Luck!
It worked, thanks bbiernat.

Flag Post

Yeah it happens to my Laptop on Vista aswell!

Flag Post

hey guys thanks for all your help chrome is much faster and it has sorted all the problems with the sticky keys

Flag Post

>:( i got the same problem. im also a vista user

Flag Post

Read the thread title.

Flag Post

Yay!

Flag Post

I’m on a laptop and and have this problem with E V E R Y game on every site, Stick keys isn’t on and i’m on Ie ( Not sure if it’s 7 or 8 ) :[

Flag Post

Read the first post, the thread title, or check the stickies…

Flag Post

I tried Armour games, and im having the exact same problem… :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkstar88:

I tried Armour games, and im having the exact same problem… :/

Originally posted by Ventero:

Read the first post, the thread title, or check the stickies…

Flag Post

This is similar to my problem, but way worse. I tap up, and I keep going left, and there is absolutely nothing to stop it at all.

Flag Post

Press the left button again? That happens sometimes when the action ‘Left key pressed’ is stuck. Pressing it again usually stops that. Have you tried the solution in first post/sticky?

Flag Post

Switch away from internet explorer!!!!!!!!! Worked for me