How do you change your name?

93 posts

Flag Post

I know, it may not seem important but, I wish to change my account name. How can you change it? Do you send a letter? Do you simply ask on the forums?

Idea: If you wish to change your name add your name here and state your new name. Remember just an idea.

Well thanks for your time and your help will be greatly appreciated.

 
Flag Post

Send an e-mail to support@kongregate.com, but you need a good reason to get your name changed.

 
Flag Post

Ok thank you very much but, it looks like I can’t change my name because well, I don’t exactly have a valid reason to change. I just thought mine wasn’t a very good name. Well in case a Kongregate Employee sees this post, My name that I want is MidnightGamer. Well thanks again Ventero! Hope to see you around!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Gamer1232:

Ok thank you very much but, it looks like I can’t change my name because well, I don’t exactly have a valid reason to change. I just thought mine wasn’t a very good name. Well in case a Kongregate Employee sees this post, My name that I want is MidnightGamer. Well thanks again Ventero! Hope to see you around!

You can also just start a new account with the name you like. Most games that have save files will transfer as long as you are playing on the same computer and you will get a lot of your badges back just by loading up and playing a game for a bit.

 
Flag Post

Well, realy I want to change my name because i spelled guitar wrong that is realy the main purpose to change my name I’m tired of looking up my name and seeing a misspelled name.well just in case a Kongregate employee sees this the name i want is: GuitarManiac1. its just a few corrections in my name that is all.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by gutarmaniac1:

Well, realy I want to change my name because i spelled guitar wrong that is realy the main purpose to change my name I’m tired of looking up my name and seeing a misspelled name.well just in case a Kongregate employee sees this the name i want is: GuitarManiac1. its just a few corrections in my name that is all.

This will not get your name changed. You must send an email and you must have a better reason than you misspelled it. If it’s that important start a new account with the name typed right.

 
Flag Post

hey guys seroiusly i want to change my name to jermstar

 
Flag Post

You can’t get your name changed anymore, unless it is considered offensive/people are pestering you because of it.

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Kioyoh:

You can’t get your name changed anymore, unless it is considered offensive/people are pestering you because of it.

So, if I’m getting pestered a lot for the “Emo” in my name and I wish to change it to avoid further pestering, I can just e-mail Kongregate support and request a name change?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Emo_Neko15:
Originally posted by Kioyoh:

You can’t get your name changed anymore, unless it is considered offensive/people are pestering you because of it.

So, if I’m getting pestered a lot for the “Emo” in my name and I wish to change it to avoid further pestering, I can just e-mail Kongregate support and request a name change?

You can try but most likely they won’t change it unless you are receiving severe abuse. Most likely they will just speak with those that are abusing you for it. If it’s that difficult you can also just make a new account. You wouldn’t lose but 8 cards for Kongai and it wouldn’t take you very long to get your badges back since you would still have save files, etc. for a lot of those games.

 
Flag Post

Click here Support@Kongregate.com to tell Kongregate why you think you need your User name changed.They will send you a reply in 5 business days

 
Flag Post

I sent an e-mail to Kongregate and they told me they are no longer doing Username Changes.

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post

Chimp, come back when you’re over the required age, then make a new account. You’re only level 11…

 
Flag Post

Do you think I can change my name to BoxGoblin ’cause right now i look kinda lame :(

EDIT: ill send Kongregate a email.

 
Flag Post

Thank you Alot !

 
Flag Post

i want to change my name…

 
Flag Post

Kongregate doesn’t offer that service anymore they told me in support.
I am still emberassed by my nick, but I learned my lesson: I’ll never again make an account while drunk…

 
Flag Post

I’d prefer if my i was capitalized but eh, Can’t have it all. It’s rather annoying to have that penalty put upon you as a fail-named person. But I guess thats what ya get for making an account when you’re too tired to type. Point is, I would prefer if it was changed, But I can live with it. I’m sure you can as well.

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post

This an outrage i want to change my name but you wont let me so i look like a dumbass with my name SEE 1assa1 see it is a gay name SO IF I WANT TO GET A NAME CHANGE I WILL GET A NAME CHANGE GO IT GOOD !!!!!

 
Flag Post

^You’re only level 3, making a new account really won’t affect anything.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by iowndeath:

I’d prefer if my i was capitalized but eh, Can’t have it all. It’s rather annoying to have that penalty put upon you as a fail-named person. But I guess thats what ya get for making an account when you’re too tired to type. Point is, I would prefer if it was changed, But I can live with it. I’m sure you can as well.

You can get your name capitalized, just not changed completely.

 
Flag Post

Ask a certain admin, or email kongregate, and you have to provide a reason why, or else it’s a waste of time. Also for people who want new profiles, sometimes just going to the game you earned a badge on in your old profile, on the same computer, you will earn them without doing a thing.