How do you change your name? page 3

93 posts

Flag Post

my reason is every one makes fun of my name and i would likr it to be changed

Flag Post
Originally posted by altarboy1:

my reason is every one makes fun of my name and i would likr it to be changed

You’re only level 8. Can’t you just make a new account?

Flag Post

If i restart my acct, will i lose my place in games that i’m currently playing, like dream world and tyrant?

Flag Post

ok if changing name breaks links and we have numbers why dont they just have the profile lined to the numbers? also what if all accounts have to reach a certain lvl to change name and they can only have a name change once?

Flag Post

I dont even know how i got this user name and i hate makin new acc just to change a name i would change mine to Charlie if possible yes i read the whole thread and i understand no name changes just upper/lower case changes

Flag Post

You can only get a letter capitalized or lower-cased, sorry.

Flag Post

I want to change my name, too. i tried looking for a button that allows you to change your name, like other games i play. but i couldn’t find one. so here is a suggestion to Kongregate team: make a link that let’s you change your name. i want my new name to be M3NT4L PYTH0N.

Flag Post

I hate my name PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE IT !!

Flag Post

we need to make a name changer please kong

Flag Post

Wait… found this on their FAQ, about linking Facebook and Kongregate accounts:

“There’s one exception to this – if you create a brand new Kongregate account using Facebook connect, your initial Kongregate username will be based on your first name and last initial on Facebook. It’s easy to change this default username in your account settings.”

So new Facebook-linked accounts can change their username, and old accounts can’t? What gives?

Flag Post
Originally posted by JordanMG:

Wait… found this on their FAQ, about linking Facebook and Kongregate accounts:

“There’s one exception to this – if you create a brand new Kongregate account using Facebook connect, your initial Kongregate username will be based on your first name and last initial on Facebook. It’s easy to change this default username in your account settings.”

So new Facebook-linked accounts can change their username, and old accounts can’t? What gives?

When someone creates a Kongregate account through Facebook, it automatically creates a username, example JimG1. They have one chance to change their username, because it was automatically created and not their choice.

Flag Post

i hate my name people are calling me lame, gay, stupid, coz its the same name as youtube and other sites i hate it

Flag Post

To make a bit of money why don’t kongregate allow you to change your name for a small fee? Or offer it to kong plus members or whatever it’s called i reckon they would get a few more members this way, you would be surprised how many people would do it.

Flag Post

I want to put a big “B” on the start of my name so it becomes Boyman, instead of boyman.

Flag Post
Originally posted by boyman:

I want to put a big “B” on the start of my name so it becomes Boyman, instead of boyman.

You can send a message to Zshadow, trickyrodent, or IAmTheCandyman (or possibly another administrator, but these three are the community managers) and they’ll be able to change it for you.

EDIT @below: Or that.

Flag Post

Done!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

Done!

OMG THANK YOU!! :D

Flag Post

i don like my name
but i dont have an account for email

Flag Post

yea i agree if they put like a set number of kreds to change and the second time it costs more and so on that would be awesome

Flag Post

they should start adding these features, or else they are going to end up like myspace. someone better is probably going to come along, giving people what they want.

they should have a feature to change name. maybe make it take effect after a day or 3, so that people dont spam changes for the server to change.
and they should remove namewasters( only the obvious ones)

and the feature to permanently delete account, so that others can use the name.

Flag Post

that would be too confusing, kong way of this name change is good enough.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SolidSnake6:

that would be too confusing, kong way of this name change is good enough.

nope. it is not confusing.

although they would have to make a mre specific, less server intensive way of doing it. maybe allow ip and account only 1 change. that way they would have to be more careful and there would be less abuse.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

they should start adding these features, or else they are going to end up like myspace. someone better is probably going to come along, giving people what they want.

they should have a feature to change name. maybe make it take effect after a day or 3, so that people dont spam changes for the server to change.
and they should remove namewasters( only the obvious ones)

and the feature to permanently delete account, so that others can use the name.

If someone were able to have the same name as someone else, it’d be very confusing for others. For example, if you deleted your account “Galdos” and someone joined up with the same name. They could essentially pretend to be you, and have access to all your information as our site can’t physically remove information linked to your account. So your profile shouts, forum posts, game revenue, etc. would then be their’s.

Flag Post

Is it possible for me to have my name changed from screams4 to Screams4? I forgot to capitalise it when I made the account and it’s been bugging me ever since I joined.

Flag Post

I want to change my name to Godpwner because it sounds cool and Black_Hydra sounds all cheezy, I know that isn’t a good reason but please can you guys change my name???