How do you change your name? page 4

109 posts

Flag Post

They won’t change your name simply because you don’t like it. You can make a new account, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:

They won’t change your name simply because you don’t like it. You can make a new account, though.

What about if all your other accounts are called something else? Is it still possible for an admin to change your username?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Langley:
Originally posted by adv0catus:

What about if all your other accounts are called something else? Is it still possible for an admin to change your username?

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7/topics/241772?page=1#posts-5207539

Flag Post

i think u should be able to change ur name because of games like red crucible.theres clan membership that reqiures the name to be changed often.

Flag Post

This is all stupid, I have three computers I used Kongregate o and I don’t want to try to remember which games I played on which computer, and as you can tell I don’t have a very good name. They should just put the option in account settings because, really, you’re going to make “The Site has grown so our admin can’t give everyone who wanted a new name one” when you can have people do it themselves.

Flag Post

1. Save files are saved locally, it’s how Flash operates. It really has nothing to do with Kongregate. Just clearing that up.

2. It’s not that the administrators don’t want to change people’s names, or are too lazy to or some other reason. It’s a technical issue that has to do with the way to servers organize the site’s information. It’d make that information turn into swiss cheese if people could change their names left, right and center. As well, the URLs for profiles are based on names, not user IDs, so as soon as you change your name, all previous links are broken.

Edit: umad.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SkYrImMaStEr1:

This is all stupid, I have three computers I used Kongregate o and I don’t want to try to remember which games I played on which computer, and as you can tell I don’t have a very good name. They should just put the option in account settings because, really, you’re going to make “The Site has grown so our admin can’t give everyone who wanted a new name one” when you can have people do it themselves.

There are other reasons as well, it creates dead links, it is confusing to mods and users, and it makes it really easy to impersonate people. In the Code of Conduct you agreed to it says to choose your username wisely, also I am not sure what remembering what games you played on what computer has to do with account names.

Edit: Gosh darn adv0 ninja.

Flag Post

This is Bullshit! I need to change my name! Im Steve From Blue’s Clues! Thats a damn good reason I’d Say!!! Ill Get Blue on Your asses!!

Flag Post

But what I do not understand is, why not simply kongregate make nickname change for, let’s say, 1 kred possible? or 10?
and maybe one time per month or so?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Black_Hydra:

I want to change my name to Godpwner because it sounds cool and Black_Hydra sounds all cheezy, I know that isn’t a good reason but please can you guys change my name???

What part of giant multi-headed, venomous, Immortal, guardian of the underworld sounds cheezy?

Flag Post

I want to change my name, To OdysseusTheArcher. I don’t care if you erase some of my data, because i’m level 31 and it’s a lot better than starting all over again. Don’t give me the excuse of “Your Name Is Recognized On Some Websites as Data” Can’t you just delete this data or something. Or Give Us The Option of being able to change our name on these mulitplayer games, separate from the Kongregate name.

Flag Post

Kongregate doesn’t run all those multiplayer games. Anyway, PM an Admin and explain your situation, but unless catsinmens12 is offensive in some way, your probably out of luck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by catsinmens12:

I want to change my name, To OdysseusTheArcher. I don’t care if you erase some of my data, because i’m level 31 and it’s a lot better than starting all over again. Don’t give me the excuse of “Your Name Is Recognized On Some Websites as Data” Can’t you just delete this data or something. Or Give Us The Option of being able to change our name on these mulitplayer games, separate from the Kongregate name.

Along with what BTrenary said, changing your name on Kongregate would actually reset your progress on most multiplayer games (reset in the sense that most multiplayer games link their accounts to your Kongregate name, so if it changes, they become unlinked, and it’s hard to get the game developers to relink your new Kongregate name with your old one’s game accounts). Also, I believe there’s a maximum name length of sisteen characters as well.

Flag Post

Not as bad as maybe mis spelling your name from hole_digger to whor_digger

Flag Post

will saying that someone else has the same name as me and when ppl call my name or his name we dont know who they r talking about

Flag Post

I want to change my name to Dacroz

Flag Post
Originally posted by smithdoc17:

I want to change my name to Dacroz

You created your account today, why don’t you just create another one? :s

Flag Post

Would have loved to be able to change my name atleast once. Even at a cost.

Flag Post

this is how to change right click on your name and you will find inspect elementl eft click on it you will find <input id=​"user_username" name=​"user[username]​" readonly=​"readonly" size=​"30" style=​"background-color:​#ccc;​" type=​"text" value=​"JayHD">​ right click on this <input id=​"user_username" name=​"user[username]​" readonly=​"readonly" size=​"30" style=​"background-color:​#ccc;​" type=​"text" value=​"JayHD">​ and choose edit as html click on you will see your name at the end like this “your name will be here”>

Flag Post
Originally posted by GreffHD:

this is how to change right click on your name and you will find inspect elementl eft click on it you will find <input id=​"user_username" name=​"user[username]​" readonly=​"readonly" size=​"30" style=​"background-color:​#ccc;​" type=​"text" value=​"JayHD">​ right click on this <input id=​"user_username" name=​"user[username]​" readonly=​"readonly" size=​"30" style=​"background-color:​#ccc;​" type=​"text" value=​"JayHD">​ and choose edit as html click on you will see your name at the end like this “your name will be here”>

That will disappear as soon as you refresh and no one else can see the change. It’s cosmetic.

Flag Post

AntonioS3 is an existing account with similar stats. The age and avatars are the same, so I’m guessing it’s you?

Anyways, absolutely not. I’m not contacting Kongregate on your behalf…

Flag Post

You can contact support using the form on http://www.kongregate.com/feedbacks/new.

Flag Post

Seriously no way to change names? thats pretty damned stupid

KongPlus feature at least? i might even buy that for the year just for that ability.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CowFriend:

^You’re only level 3, making a new account really won’t affect anything.

no rite cos some games on phone can cost money to play n maybe you try the game free, like it buy stuff then realise you made an account with a name you don’t want long term. it’s kind of ****, you could at least give everyone the option to change it just once and no more! and let them know, you can change your name just once.

Flag Post
Originally posted by XiaolinDraconis:

Seriously no way to change names? thats pretty damned stupid

KongPlus feature at least? i might even buy that for the year just for that ability.

dude changing names causes broken links