Firefox 2.0.0.12 page 2

49 posts

Flag Post

yea i have the same problem too

Flag Post

chat ain’t working for me after i updated firefox to 2.0.0.12

Flag Post

something in the user profile seems to break the chat flash “movie” and some games as well after that update. I tried backing up my profile, cleaning uninstalling Firefox, reinstalling and then copying my profile back and BOOM, bye bye Kongregate functionality. What worked for me was clean uninstalling, reinstalling and adding all my bits and pieces of extensions and theme one at a time, trying to find out which one broke the site for me. I never found it (i skipped some extensions though – namely ad block and block site) so im back to happily playing. May this possible solution bring you results!

Flag Post

Chat works fine with me.

Flag Post

For some reason, I’m a victim of this too :(

Flag Post

cunninghan, it suffice to make a new profile, without needing to reinstall.

Flag Post

ah, ok. i advise all people to follow gbuch’s approach! it’s a lot less of a hassle :P

Flag Post

I think I’ve found the problem. When I checked gbuch’s list of installed extensions with my own, I found there were two extensions that we both had, greasemonkey and Tab Mix Plus. Kongregate chat still didn’t work when I’d disabled all extensions. Must be becase I had Tab Mix Plus redisplay my tabs from the last Firefox session which still worked when the extension was disabled. I started by disabling all extensions and reverting back to the default theme. I then uninstalled any extensions that I don’t use at all or too often. While doing this I’d reboot FF each time. After finally coming to Tab Mix Plus (I wasn’t up for uninstalling it initially due to the fact that it’d keep my tabs from the previous session). Kongregate chat started working as well as some of the games that wouldn’t work before.

It appears that Tab Mix Plus was the cause although I had uninstalled greasemonkey before I’d uninstalled Tab Mix Plus.

Note: I reverted back to default settings from within Tab Mix Plus prior to uninstalling it so that if it caused a change within Firefox which caused Kongregate chat to not work, it may not change it back after being uninstalled.

I have only just done this and it has seemed to work, although chat may not appear in some cases, in which case the best plan is to refresh.

Hope this works for others! Would like to know if it works on other systems.

Flag Post

I’ve an issue. The chat seems to show up for games with badges but that’s about it. That means that if there’s a card challenge for a game without badges, I can’t get the card. Well, by using FF anyway… Which means FF is still broken.

Any suggestions?

Flag Post

So. I noticed I have this problem as well. Chat has stopped working for me. I think I’ve narrowed it down alot tho.

• First off I can confirm it works fine with all addons disabled.
  • Second, I went thru all my addons (this includes Tab Mix Plus) and the one that is causing my chat to not load is FasterFox. Confirmed this thru several restarts enabling/disabling the addon.
  • Upon playing with the FasterFox settings it appears to be the Rendering tweaks (which are common FF user tweaks) that is causing the problems. If I set FasterFox to the default preset everything works fine. If I set it to “Courteous” which is just rendering tweaks, chat stops loading.
  • I put it to custom and played with all the settings. Basically if I let it go super optimized except set the Rendering settings back to default, it’ll load chat. If I tweak-up the rendering settings chat stops loading.

That’s what I’ve got so far.

Flag Post

All the ideas I’ve heard doesn’t help me at all, My FF is default with no add-ons, the chat still doesn’t work, and it’s Thursday, new badges and a card…

Flag Post

Ok. Yesterday I did alot of testing any everything I said was true. Today.. no chat. So I toss my hands up in the air.

Flag Post

Well, I made a new profile and reinstalled many of my old extensions (but not all, and added one or two new, like one to recover my bookmarks), including TabMixPlus.
I can’t be sure that all options on TBM are the same, but it seems so, or at least similar.

And chat still works.

Flag Post

I’ve been having the same issue with 2.0.0.12, under Linux (kernel revision 2.6.22-14-generic). I’m running Flash Player 9.0.115.0, which is the latest version according to Adobe’s site. I really hope this issue gets fixed soon.

Flag Post

I don’t know whether there IS an issue.

I mean, we do know that there’s a problem, since the chat stopped working for some people (we can’t know how many, but there’s not too many people posting here, considering the number of people who use the chat, and we can assume that at least 10% of them use FF).
However, it is easily solved by making a new profile, or by uninstalling (completely) and reinstalling FF. It’s certainly on the profile, maybe an add-on, a plugin or whatever other configuration it may hold.

But if this isn’t happening on any other website, I doubt it will get fixed, unless by n accident (and version 3 is a high candidate for that, in a few months). Anyway, anyone knows how to report a bug in firefox?

Flag Post

This now seems to be working (.12 and latest Flash plugin) so hopefully it’s all fixed now.

Flag Post

Well,Ihavenoformattingerrors,becauseIhavenoformattingatall.also,spacewontwork….

Flag Post

Space doesn’t work? get a new keyboard.

Flag Post

cjm2576, your a genius. setting the rendering settings in faster fox addon to default worked thank you a million !!!

Flag Post

Just add /frame/swf at the end of the game url.

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkfrogger:

Just add /frame/swf at the end of the game url.

This post is almost a year old….

Flag Post

the site wont work at all. its like flash is broken after dowloading firefox

Flag Post

Try reinstalling Flash/installing the newest version (See here)

Flag Post
Originally posted by gbuch:

Juze, are you sure you have Firefox 2.0.0.12? It came out last week.

I’ll try uninstalling and reinstalling firefox, though.
I hope I don’t lose anything…

Like I said, I have the Firefox 3.