[Resolved] Can't Connect to Chat (locked)

12 posts

Flag Post

For the last few days I haven’t been able to connect to chat and, therefore, can’t receive any achievements. The games work fine, it is just the chat. The circle just goes round and round and it says it’s connecting but never does. I’ve tried the obvious stuff like restarting the computer and even reinstalling flash player, but nothing seems to be working. The only thing I can figure is that I have a firewall up or something, but I’m not really computer savvy enough to figure out how to tell. Can anyone help me please?

Flag Post

i don’t know what the issue is. i also have TIS (technical ineptitude syndrome) but try putting this in technical forums. u will probably get better help there

Flag Post

Try to see if this can help you:

Originally posted by Ventero:

Okay, so here’s what fixed it for Jude: Go to this page (it should contain a huge line of text), then go to that page and press Ctrl-F5. It should first be blank, but after pressing Ctrl-F5, it should contain the same line of text. You should now be able to connect to the chat again. :o

Flag Post

The first time I clicked on the one called “that page” it already had that line of text, it wasn’t blank.

Flag Post

Well, then I guess your problem isn’t related to JavaScript, which the chat uses.

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cache and cookies?
(PS: It won’t delete your save games)

Flag Post

First of all, which browser and operating system are you using? And did you change anything on your system before you couldn’t connect to chat anymore?

And note to Xenon: The issue that Jude and the others had back then when that fix still worked has been fixed by an update of Kongregate’s caching system, so it’s very very unlikely that this problem will occur again ;)

Flag Post

Aha :)

I’m glad you are here now ;D

Flag Post

I’m using Firefox and Windows Vista (blech). Nothing was changed on the computer that I know of, although I do live in a house full of people that are way more internet retarded than even I am.

Flag Post

Holy hell. I erased the cache and cookies and re-signed in and its up and running for the first time in 6 days. Do you think that was all I needed to do?

Flag Post

Yeah, you probably had some borked file in your cache, so the chat was unable to use that file and therefore couldn’t connect

Flag Post

Try reloading the page a few times.

Flag Post

Locking this since the issue has been resolved. And Masterkippo, please refrain from posting in threads which have already been resolved or if you don’t have anything new to contribute.