[Game] Nations of the World 2

5207 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for lock.

Flag Post

Alright, let’s get started! Here is the map, and here is the signups thread with all the information.

A few things though before we begin; firstly, for the people who played the first NotW and perhaps skimmed my copied paragraph of explanation, I am going for a schedule of one update every two days instead of my previous once a day.

In addition, I’m going to be a bit more strict about activity. If someone misses two rounds without notifying me that they’ll be absent or posting on the thread, and we have at least one substitute, they’ll be booted from the game and replaced with the substitute. If they want to get back in after this, they will have to work it out with the substitute.

Remember, all it takes is one post or PM or shout saying “I’ll be a bit to busy to play for the next few days” and you’re safe from being kicked. Players who notify me before an absence will also have the option of letting a substitute run their country while they’re gone.

Flag Post

Faction Map
Wiki

Flag Post

Do we PM our actions now?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Firespread:

Do we PM our actions now?

Yes.

If there are any actions you feel like making public or making an RPish announcement about, post ’em on the thread at your discretion.

Flag Post

Right, gentlemen. What say you to a bit of alliance forming? Then we can overthrow the UN mwahahahaha we can be stronger and united!

Flag Post

Italy
World Announcement
“I, Ros, leader of Italy, am investing a grand total of 100 billion dollars to raise the growth, export, and stability of our country to increase the safety and satisfaction of all of our visitors and countries which we export to! May God bless you all, from me…”
Another man comes on screen.
“And me, the Pope of Italy, down here in Vatican City, which has now officially merged as a part of Italy!”
Simultaneously, we say,
“May peace and prosperity reign free!”

Flag Post

(Oy, you can’t make the pope merge with you!)

Russia
World Announcement
“Hello world! As the new leader of Russia, I promise I shall not let you down! I shall lead our glorious Russia to conquest, glory, riches, and victory!”
I turn around.
“And also, free vodka to anyone who wishes to discuss a major issue in Russia, or in their country that relates to me, with me!”

Flag Post

An official missive from Vatican City

Vatican City declines Italy’s offer of a merger; the Vatican has remained independent for centuries, and we see no reason that this should change.

Flag Post

Madagascar
World Announcement
“Hello, people of Madagascar! While in the past your president may have told you to shut down everything, I will be different! I will strengthen our economy, reduce crime and bring forth equality!”
“Also, ny countries who wisht form alliances will be welcome to offer me the chance to join. That is all! Goodbye!”

Flag Post

Italy
World Announcement
“It seems that the Vatican City has been uprising. The Pope has been going against the Catholic Religion, and forcing the people to do the same. We are currently annexing them, under our new freedom of religion policy. Nobody may force any religion upon any people.”

Flag Post

Australia
World Announcement
“Hello my people. This is Edward Dudra, Australia’s leader. As a powerful member of the global community, I would like to say that Australia is holding open arms to anyone, and alliances are available. Any government leader who wishes to ally themselves with us Aussies can, and may. Remember, we are open to everyone; so with that, I hope you all carry on with your amazing lives!”

Flag Post

[I may join this a bit later on…]

[Madagascar wins, because a plague hits the world and madagascar is the only nation left alive.]

[/in joke]

[EDIT: Oh darn, it’s already full…]

[ CHINA MUST WIN! ]

[/Asian pride]

Flag Post
Originally posted by InfiniteExpanse:

[I may join this a bit later on…]

[Madagascar wins, because a plague hits the world and madagascar is the only nation left alive.]

[/in joke]

[EDIT: Oh darn, it’s already full…]

[ CHINA MUST WIN! ]

[/Asian pride]

You can still sign up as a substitute.

Flag Post

The President of America:
“People of the world, I have an important announcement;
AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!
Thank you for your time.”

Flag Post

[That’s such a reasonable thing to take up five seconds of the entire world’s time for… and probably like 4 hours of the president’s]

Flag Post

Australia
Australian-Only Televised Announcement
“I am appalled at the President of the Americas. He has downgraded himself from what was once known as a responsible leader to a cursing, rude figurehead. There was absolutely no need for his comment on air, and it is announced that Australia should be careful when dealing with America from now on.”

Flag Post

China
World Announcement

“I, the new leader of China, promise a new age of economic and political prosperity, to our great nation, and our allies. I look forward to cooperation with the other nations of the world. But be warned, should China, or any of her allies, be crossed, China will unleash a great vengence upon them, coming down like a forceful iron fist. Now, my people, rejoice! For a grand new era, has BEGUN!”

Flag Post

South Korea
A World-Wide Announcement
“South Korea will continue doing what it’s been doing for the last decade or two. We are also not entirely sure why other nations are making sweeping changes to their current policies. And President of America:
FUCK YEAH!

Flag Post

[I facepalm at these entirely out of character posts from these people >.>]

Flag Post

[How is it Out Of Character? I do not personally know President Lee Myung-bak, so I have been forced to assume that he is enormously profane. And this game isn’t played in World Announcements, it’s played in secret, whispered deals with foreign powers with millions, nay, billions of lives on the line.]

Flag Post

[Similarly, I assume that the US president is brash, cocky, and arrogant (Note: I do not hate America (very much))]

Flag Post

Italy
World Announcement
“I leader of Italy, would like to respond to a few announcements. South Korea has asked why we are making changes to our polocies. As for Italy, we have decided that freedom for all people is important. The Vatican is being against this change is being annexed, and being a single city, shall fall to our might soon!”

“As for the United States of America, I suggest that you repeal your statement, as it is dangerous to do such things in the current world.”

Flag Post

The President
“I may have offended with my words where no offense was intended. But while I apologies, I stand by what I said, and will continue to do so until my dying breath. But know this, Italy, while you may not have transgressed protocol your unprovoked declaration of war against a sovereign nation is more profane than if you took a steaming shit on a camera lens and broadcast the video worldwide.”

Flag Post

Brazil (A.K.A. Boss of South America)
Inaugural Address – President Pok Arnor

Thank you, people of Brazil, for choosing me to lead this great nation through its next few years. I promise you I will lead Brazil into a new age of prosperity. Thank you.