[Competition] The Best Gamer! Over! Congratulations! (locked)

304 posts

Flag Post

The Best Gamer!

This is a flash gaming competition forum game. This is where we will find The Best Gamer of FGF!

Like other gaming competitions I will be holding a qualifying round. These people who make it past will receive a special… treat. This qualifying round will also give you a seed. This seed will affect you in the future. So choose, do you want to be at the top, seed #1, or last, Seed #[8 or more, Depends how many people join].

As obvious there are the generic rules of competition games of:

No editing.
Can’t remember the others.

When posting your scores, always include the following:
1) Green/Yellow Plug with your name.
2) High score tab with your score in it.
3) And the game screen showing your score.

Players

In order of Highest score to lowest [Top seed to Lowest Seed]

1) JoshDragon; Disqualified on Round 6
2) MaistlinRajere; Disqualified on Round 6
3) Devourer359; Disqualified on Round 4
4) threalsirmark4; Disqualified on Round 1
5) Zzzip50; Disqualified on Round 5
6) Woon1957; Disqualified on Round 3
7) jh05013; Won the game!
8) Louweed; Disqualified on Round 7
9) Drovoxx; Disqualified on Round 5
10) dragonrider1234; Disqualified on Round 5
11) SamsterSamster; Disqualified on Round 2
12) racefan12; Disqualified on Round 5

Duels

(Name) VS (Name); (Name1 Score VS Name2 Score)

jh05013 VS Louweed; 1,085,701 VS 760,616

Face-Off Winners

1) Drovoxx
2) MaistlinRajere
3) jh05013
4) Dragonrider1234

Flag Post

For Inspiration, here’s a photo of a trophy! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Flag Post

Qualifying Round: Panic

I decided this would be an appropriate game. As when you’re qualifying, you’ll be panicking if you made it in or not. Remember that your score will decide what you will kind of situation you will be in. I have an example of what your screenshot of your score on Panic should be like. When playing Panic, you will have to set the difficulty to Hard! The round will ending on 3/31/2012, 8:00 PM GMT -4

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Flag Post

I’m just going to leave this as a placeholder (We can improve scores, right?).

Flag Post

Flag Post

You can always improve scores unless said otherwise.

Flag Post

Flag Post

That trophy motivates me to the point of asphyxiation!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Drovoxx:

That trophy is amazing isn’t it!?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hyped:
Originally posted by Drovoxx:

That trophy is amazing isn’t it!?

I got really high when I looked at it. I think that it’s dangerous. There are minors on here.

Flag Post

Flag Post

@Zzzip50 please post a picture of your score in the API Highscores tab! When done, you will be added!

EDIT: This round will be ending from 3/31/2012 to 4/2/2012!

Flag Post

@Zzzip50 please post a picture of your score in the API Highscores tab! When done, you will be added!

EDIT: This round will be ending from 3/29/2012 to 4/2/2012!

It won’t register in the high scores tab..I’m not editing pictures.

Flag Post

I checked the high score tabs myself and I see your name there. So it’s alright! Added.

Flag Post

Score update to beat Zzzip.

Flag Post

Geez, you really want to be on top, huh devourer? Updating.

Flag Post

When does the qualifier end?

Flag Post

Nah, I’m just bored and felt like being a douche.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WiiPlayer113:

When does the qualifier end?

This round will be ending from 3/31/2012 to 4/2/2012!

I noticed I just messed up the dates, let me fixey.

Done.

Originally posted by devourer359:

Nah, I’m just bored and felt like being a douche.

Well, aren’t you something?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

It won’t register in the high scores tab

The most common method of getting a score to register in the high score tab is to go to page 2 in either the This Week tab or the All Time tab. This will refresh the high scores, then switch back to the Today tab and your score should appear there.

EDIT: Each round should have a definite ending time (or at least something in the ballpark of a couple of hours, rather than a couple of days. Normally, it wouldn’t be such a big deal in the qualifier, but since the qualifier determines your seed, it’s very important that all players know exactly how long they have to improve their score to try to get a better seed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

It won’t register in the high scores tab

The most common method of getting a score to register in the high score tab is to go to page 2 in either the This Week tab or the All Time tab. This will refresh the high scores, then switch back to the Today tab and your score should appear there.

That’s what I’m saying, it dosen’t update for me, I have to refresh the page, and of course, if I do that the score is gone.

To beat devourer

Flag Post

Well, aren’t you something?

I know right?

Flag Post

EDIT: Each round should have a definite ending time (or at least something in the ballpark of a couple of hours, rather than a couple of days. Normally, it wouldn’t be such a big deal in the qualifier, but since the qualifier determines your seed, it’s very important that all players know exactly how long they have to improve their score to try to get a better seed.

Taken into consideration, racefan. I will edit my post about the qualifying round. And I’ll put it on the title. Thanks for the advice!

@Zzzip50 Updating.

Flag Post

That’s what I’m saying, it dosen’t update for me, I have to refresh the page, and of course, if I do that the score is gone.

Try it multiple times. Sometimes, it doesn’t work for me the first time (took me 5 tries once).

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

Try it multiple times. Sometimes, it doesn’t work for me the first time (took me 5 tries once).

That, or you could do what Hyped did in the OP and make two screenshots, one with the end game screen, and one with the score in the high scores tab (I assume that’s acceptable, considering the host did it).