How to Build a Civilization (Strategy)

95 posts

Flag Post

R4L

Le link

WHEN SIGNING UP, PLEASE TAKE TIME TO DRAW A FLAG. SIGNS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IFYOU DO NOT HAVE A CUSTOM FLAG.

Flag Post

Space… It has always been a wonder. Millions of stars, gas clouds, and other celestial phenomena have interested people for thousands of years.
But it’s not Humanity that we’re talking about. On a distant planet, orbiting a distant star, there exists 8 species of aliens. These aliens have barely entered what humanity calls the “Stone Age”, but each races’ observations of each other make it clear that only one race is going to earn the forces and technology to conquer the planet.

Species Sheet
Name: (The name that your species calls themselves.)
Civilization Age: (How long ago your people entered the Stone Age.)
Physical Information: (Describe your civilization’s average weight, height, appearance, organs, adaptations, etc.)
Flag: (Draw a flag using the template below.)
Color: (Pick a color. Grey, black, or white is not allowed.

When you are done drawing your flag, use this image uploading site upload it, and when you do, select the “Do not resize” option.

The Map

State the general area where you’d like to start off at after your sign. This area will be shaded in the color you selected.

Rules

This game will be played on a turn-based time scale. You may research, conquer land, make pacts, trade, or whatever when it is your turn.
Don’t be mean, a jerk, or any other type of anger.
Anything i say goes. Don’t argue unless you have a good reason.
If i say you’re banned, you’re banned.

Current Races

Name: Derpatygians
Civilization Age: 21 years ago
Physical Information: Average height is about 5 feet. Weight is 100 pounds. Similar to humans in physiological structure, except a little stockier, albeit with more internal organs to accommodate for more adaptations, which include very slow digestion, enormous lungs, and protruding dorsal bones for swimming. Not quite the strongest, but are quick and nimble with decent intelligence.
Flag:

Color:

Name: Russakians
Civilization age: 6 years ago
Physical Structure: Identical to humans, except that they are albino. Extremely resistant to cold, and very intelligent, with an innovative mind. They are omnivores. As with humans, they have opposable thumbs and large Adaptability.
Flag:
Color: Blood red

Name:
Prussonia

Civilization Age:
Prussonian civilization began sixty years ago, when King Alaric IV unified the Prussonians under one flag and declared himself Emperor Alaric IV, leader of all Prussonian peoples. He is now in his late hundred-and-twenties and no longer understands the concepts of “fire warm” and “throw rock, kill fish” that he once brought to his great civilization. Dementia sucks.

Physical Information:
The Prussonians are impressive specimens, physically, to say the least. Their largest males stand just upwards of seven feet in height and weigh an average of about two hundred and fifty pounds, mostly muscle. Their bones are light but flexible (as bones go), allowing them to perform the great feats of strength and agility necessary for a race that lives primarily off the sea but cannot survive underwater, such as the Prussonians. Their skin ranges from a very dark red to a bright crimson, depending on their genetic inheritance – thus the nobles are very bright in color, while lower-class Prussonians are darker, and generally smaller in size as well. All Prussonians are completely hairless, but they do have vestigial horns of a pitch black color protruding from their head, ram-like in shape and useless in a civilized society where mates are not fought for but rather chosen by social status. They live to be, on average, one hundred years of age.

The archipelago in between the two easternmost continents. If we are allowed to have more territory than that (after all, it’s only a few pixels’ worth of island land), then we will expand onto the northwestern tip of the southeastern continent. For your convenience, I have circled the aforementioned areas in black if you will just click here.

Flag:
GIMP refused to load the template correctly so I measured its dimensions (it’s roughly 180×110 pixels) and abandoned the outline (which is what refused to load).

Color:
Crimson

Name: Dibujar (Di-boo-har)
Civilization Age: 46 Years Ago
Physical Information: 6’4 humonoids with gray toned skin, they have two feet but walk on four tentacles coming out from their rib cage, they have 6 black slimey tentacles in all. Thier legs work but they use the tentacles for looks mainly. Their organs are compiled every where in the torso, heart is in between the two middle tentacles of the six in the chest, lungs are right below it, in the stomach area all the other important organs are compiled. The only organ not in the torso is the “Gas Chamber” which lets them spit out poison gas from their mouth which they have built an immunity to. They can live in practically any enviroment but they prefer a damped place.
Location: Upper right of the east continent. (make sure whole lake is included.)
Flag:
Color:

Flag Post

Yay! Great promising game! Signeth thy as the

Name: Fettuchini
Civilization Age: Approximately 60 000 years ago
Physical Information: Around 50 kg’s, and 150 cm tall. They appear to have long muscular legs for running and opposable thumbs for gripping things along with one eye behind their head and 2 eyes in front. They also have adapted a higher bone density to prevent simple injuries in everyday life. And they can fly for about 5 seconds to escape certain predators. Their organs consist of the normal organs, liver, stomach, skin, brain, stuff. And omnivorous with slight preference to meat.
Location: That island on the right. I own the top right corner, please! The one with the lake.
Flag:
Color: Ultramarine blue

Flag Post

Name: Daitonians
Civilization Age: We just entered stone age.
Physical Information: We are quite small, around 150cm in height, our weight is around 45 kg. We are almost black and our eyes match the color of the nearby star. We have very slight camouflage so its hard to determine our colour. We adapt at any kind of atmosphere, cold or hot, but we prefer shadowy areas.
Color: Random

Flag Post

@ S_98

I kind of asked for a custom flag, not the flag of Malaysia.

@CYrusmaster

Physical Information means the average weight for an adult member of your race, saying that weight depends on muscular structure is not an excuse. And the “Detachable limbs” just aren’t working.
And also, if your species has so few organs, i don’t understand how they can adapt to any atmosphere. It should say that your species has lots of organs.

And for location, you need to select an area on the MAP, not where your people usually live.

The textile broke, so i will use this post for additional signs.

Name: Myrinids
Civilization Age: 67 Years ago
Physical Information: Myrinids stand around 4’1 tall when they are standing on their hind legs (Barely 1 foot tall when they walk with all 6 legs), and their average weight is 63 pounds. They are an insectoid race that are intelligent, and they have about 13 organs total, which are the heart, brain, a pair of lungs, a large pair of kidneys, a liver, a gland that produces a scent which identifies the Myrinid, a stomach, intestines, a pancreas, an organ which can heat up and cool down (For communicating using infrared signatures), and a nervous command center which connects all of these organs to the brain. They have adapted to their naturally cold climate by growing fur and a hard shell.
Location: A temperate climate, where the Myrinids harvest food after it naturally grows each season.
Flag:
Color: Dark Green.

I feel like there’s a dramatic need for an entirely passive nation. OF ponies PLANT PEOPLE. WHO COMMUNICATE IN A WAY DIFFERENT THAN VOCALIZATION. AND ARE ON A DIFFERENT ISLAND THAN THE REST OF YOU. BWAHAHAHAHA~
/cruise control for cool

Name: Tandi (Though the race as a whole doesn’t actually make vocalizations. See PI for more info.)
Civilization Age: 0 (there’s not much in the desert for them to make tools with)
Physical Information: Depending on how old the Tandi in question is, they vary from a foot or so high to over 15 feet. Young, they look like small bushes with feet visible beneath a visage of leaves when they run. Middle aged, they are humanoid with bark covering their bodies and their leaves now only growing from the top of their head, which they tend to have pulled back to keep the sun off their bark. Old, they look like larger versions of middle aged, but generally walk hunched over. Across all ages, their leaves tend to reach all the way to the ground.
They wander the deserts in groves, the elders (no pun intended) using their long roots to find veins of water for the others to drink from. There are a few groups that do not wander. They settle at these for up to 3 monsoons, then continue their trek, allowing other groups to rest their roots for some time.
They do not require food, and thus do not have mouths. Without this, they communicate with each other by forming a sort of visual morse code with their leaves, flipping some so that their dark undersides show out in contrast against the lighter sides that have been bleached by the hot sun.
Every few moons, a monsoon sweeps the desert and all Tandi take root for the duration of it. At the end of this, flowers bloom throughout their leaves, the color varying per grove. Some are a deep blue, others are a tanish-white, others still produce flowers that are half-red, half-yellow. Regardless, they all produce fruit that resemble peaches with a hard pit. Any pits that manage to take root and survive until the next monsoon will develop into young Tandi, and will move with the next grove that comes through.
Location: The central area of the western island. Desert, with a few oases spread throughout. Underground rivers flow deep beneath the sands. Every few moons, a monsoon sweeps the desert.
Flag:
Color: Green. Forest, not neon please.

I can provide more for their PI if you need it.

Yay! Great promising game! Signeth thy as the

Name: Fettuchini
Civilization Age: Approximately 60 000 years ago
Physical Information: Around 50 kg’s, and 150 cm tall. They appear to have long muscular legs for running and opposable thumbs for gripping things along with one eye behind their head and 2 eyes in front. They also have adapted a higher bone density to prevent simple injuries in everyday life. And they can fly for about 5 seconds to escape certain predators. Their organs consist of the normal organs, liver, stomach, skin, brain, stuff. And omnivorous with slight preference to meat.
Location: That island on the right. I own the top right corner, please! The one with the lake.
Flag:
Color: Ultramarine blue

Flag Post

Uh, oh. Give me a hour.

Flag Post

Civilization age: 6 years ago
Physical Structure: Identical to humans, except that they are albino. Extremely resistant to cold, and very intelligent, with an innovative mind. They are omnivores. As with humans, they have opposable thumbs and large Adaptability.
Flag:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Firespread:

Civilization age: 5000 years ago
Flag: Flag of Impeial Russia

PLEASE. DRAW. A. CUSTOM. FLAG.

Flag Post
Originally posted by undeadcupcake3:

Civilization age: 5000 years ago
Flag: Flag of Impeial Russia

PLEASE. DRAW. A. CUSTOM. FLAG.

I’m on an IPad. I can’t.

Flag Post

Physical Information: Average height is about 5 feet. Weight is 100 pounds. Similar to humans in physiological structure, except a little stockier, albeit with more internal organs to accommodate for more adaptations, which include very slow digestion, enormous lungs, and protruding dorsal bones for swimming. Not quite the strongest, but are quick and nimble with decent intelligence.
Flag:

Color:

Flag Post

No way you reached the stone age in 21 years.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Drovoxx:

Flag:

Color:

Accepted.

Flag Post

No way you reached the stone age in 21 years.

No, Civilization Age is how long ago you reached the stone age. As in, Drovo reached the stone age about 21 years ago.

Flag Post

I’d sign but I don’t feel like making a flag.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MasterCheif987:

I’d sign but I don’t feel like making a flag.

I’ll give you permission to make it later.

Flag Post

Well I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to make a flag with paint and I quit.

Flag Post

Name:
Prussonia

Civilization Age:
Prussonian civilization began sixty years ago, when King Alaric IV unified the Prussonians under one flag and declared himself Emperor Alaric IV, leader of all Prussonian peoples. He is now in his late hundred-and-twenties and no longer understands the concepts of “fire warm” and “throw rock, kill fish” that he once brought to his great civilization. Dementia sucks.

Physical Information:
The Prussonians are impressive specimens, physically, to say the least. Their largest males stand just upwards of seven feet in height and weigh an average of about two hundred and fifty pounds, mostly muscle. Their bones are light but flexible (as bones go), allowing them to perform the great feats of strength and agility necessary for a race that lives primarily off the sea but cannot survive underwater, such as the Prussonians. Their skin ranges from a very dark red to a bright crimson, depending on their genetic inheritance – thus the nobles are very bright in color, while lower-class Prussonians are darker, and generally smaller in size as well. All Prussonians are completely hairless, but they do have vestigial horns of a pitch black color protruding from their head, ram-like in shape and useless in a civilized society where mates are not fought for but rather chosen by social status. They live to be, on average, one hundred years of age.

The archipelago in between the two easternmost continents. If we are allowed to have more territory than that (after all, it’s only a few pixels’ worth of island land), then we will expand onto the northwestern tip of the southeastern continent. For your convenience, I have circled the aforementioned areas in black if you will just click here.

Flag:
GIMP refused to load the template correctly so I measured its dimensions (it’s roughly 180×110 pixels) and abandoned the outline (which is what refused to load).

Color:
Crimson

Flag Post
Originally posted by MasterCheif987:

Well I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to make a flag with paint and I quit.

Look, its fine, as long as its custom. If you like it, i’ll accept it.

Flag Post

Physical Information: 6’4 humonoids with gray toned skin, they have two feet but walk on four tentacles coming out from their rib cage, they have 6 black slimey tentacles in all. Thier legs work but they use the tentacles for looks mainly. Their organs are compiled every where in the torso, heart is in between the two middle tentacles of the six in the chest, lungs are right below it, in the stomach area all the other important organs are compiled. The only organ not in the torso is the “Gas Chamber” which lets them spit out poison gas from their mouth which they have built an immunity to. They can live in practically any enviroment but they prefer a damped place.
Location: Upper right of the east continent. (make sure whole lake is included.)
Flag:
Color:

Flag Post

I chose the option “Do not resize my image” the hell? Any other way?

Flag Post
Originally posted by W0LVERINE123:

Name:
Prussonia

Civilization Age:

Physical Information:

Flag:

Color:
Crimson

Accepted.

Flag Post
Accepted.

Awesome. B|

Flag Post
Originally posted by stone667:

Flag:
Color:

You too.

Flag Post

Edited

Flag Post

Edited

Okay, accepted.