[Game] Star Trek Mafia (GAME OVER!) (locked)

248 posts

Flag Post

Star Trek Mafia is now open for sign-ups! I will need 19 players to sign up, and I will accept replacements if I receive more than 19 sign-ups. Note: Zzzip50 is banned from my next two forum games for actions taken during The Mole, and thus may not sign. Anyone else is more than welcome to sign up.

Roles in this game will be closed (meaning that they will not be revealed publicly). However, if you know much about Star Trek (and about Mafia games in general), you might be able to guess what some of the roles might be. Then again, you might not—remember in the “Choose My Next Game” thread, I said that you should “be prepared for just about anything”.

Flag Post

Signups:
1. Hyped
2. SilentSam (replaced by Aedan210)
3. Knoob85687
4. devourer359
5. therealsirmark4
6. NoMomentum
7. Woon1957 (replaced by Knoob85687)
8. Drovoxx (replaced by SilentSam)
9. helltank
10. EEESMAN2424 (replaced by tttttt)
11. Bluji
12. N1NjA546
13. Taiboss
14. tttttt
15. myhome16
16. Lixes
17. simeng

Flag Post

The Rules:

• Votes must be in bold and in the form Vote: Player Name. If you do not bold your vote, I reserve the right to not count it. You may also choose to Vote: No Lynch – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death. You may choose to unvote at any time by posting “Unvote”. If you want to change your vote, you must unvote first and then vote for the new player.

• Once a player has reached lynching state, his/her pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded.

• Lynches will occur by majority vote, unless a deadline is reached without a majority vote; in which case, the player with the most votes is lynched. Deadlines work as follows:

• Game days will have tentative deadlines 5 days (120 hours) after the beginning of the game day, which may be extended 2 days (48 hours) at a time at my discretion if I feel that there has been sufficient activity to warrant an extension. All extensions will be announced at least 24 hours before the deadline occurs.

• Game nights will last 2 days (48 hours) except in the event of extraordinary circumstances (basically, if I or a player has a real-life emergency and gives advance notice—in that case, the night will be extended to accommodate it).

• If you have a night action, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit your action by the deadline, you forfeit your right to perform an action for that night.

• The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread with anyone unless your role PM specifically states that you may do so, and then only with the person or people specified in your role PM.

• Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. The only thing you can type is a “bah” post. “Bah” posts may not contain ANY information relating to this game—a violation of this will result in a ban from my next forum game.

• Editing or deleting posts is strictly forbidden. If you need to change or clarify something made in one of your previous posts, you must do so with another post—even if you have to double-post. [In Mafia game lingo, this is known as an EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post).]

• Don’t quote or screenshot any PMs from me. Neither true, nor false. Seriously.

• Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. If I consider your lurking or inactivity to disrupt game flow, YOU MAY BE REPLACED.

• Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to be played. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part.

• You win if your group is the last group standing (more details about win conditions, if necessary, will be included in your role PM).

Flag Post

Opening Flavor Text:

Captain: Stardate 15832.9. We are currently making our way back from a routine mission, and we are located near the tripoint where Federation space meets both Klingon space and Romulan space. We have several Klingon and Romulan prisoners on board, and we are transporting them to the nearest detention area. After that, we plan to engage in some much-needed vacation time. As everything appears to be calm, it looks to be time to wrap up the day. Signed—

The captain drops his recorder as the entire ship suddenly lurches and goes dark. After a few tense seconds, the emergency lights start to come on.

Captain: Computer! Status report!

Computer: The entire ship has lost power and has become immobilized. Emergency power is coming online as we speak. In addition, the doors to the prisoners’ cells have opened.
Captain: Shut off the doors to the prisoner bay immediately!

Computer: There will be enough power to shut off the doors in 5 seconds. Five… Four… Three.. Two… One… The prisoner bay has been sealed off.

A couple of minutes pass. Presently a guard from the prisoner bay arrives on the bridge.

Captain: Guard! Did any of the prisoners escape the prisoner bay?

Guard: Some of them did escape, yes sir. I’m not sure how many.

Captain: expletive They could be anywhere by now—they could even try to blend in as one of us! We must find them and eliminate them immediately!

Suddenly, a thundering voice comes out of nowhere.

Voice: HALT! I’LL HANDLE THIS FROM HERE!

The captain was teleported to an unfamiliar room. It was too dark to see much, but he estimated that there were close to 20 people in the room.

Voice: NOW I’LL BE THE ONE TO DETERMINE WHO THE PRISONERS ARE. MAKE YOUR CASE TO ME AND I’LL ELIMINATE WHOEVER I SEE FIT.

Flag Post

Game Summary:

Day 1 (begins on Page 3, Post 58): No lynch.
Night 1 (begins on Page 6, Post 128): 3 players killed.
Day 2 (begins on Page 6, Post 131): No lynch.
Night 2 (begins on Page 8, Post 182): 3 players killed (including 1 modkill)
Day 3 (begins on Page 8, Post 185): NoMomentum lynched.
Night 3 (begins on Page 8, Post 199): 2 players killed (including 1 modkill)
Day 4 (begins on Page 9, Post 201): myhome16 lynched.
Endgame (Page 10, Post 228): tttttt, N1NjA546, and therealsirmark4 killed; Romulan mafia group wins.

Winners:
devourer359
SilentSam
Aedan210
simeng

Deaths:
tttttt: Spock, Universal Backup, pro-Federation (killed Night 1)
helltank: the Borg, Cult Assimilator, neutral (killed Night 1)
Knoob85687: Pavel Chekov, Watcher/Tracker, pro-Federation (killed Night 1)
Bluji: Jean-Luc Picard, Investigator (Cop), pro-Federation (killed Night 2)
Hyped: Data, Watcher/Tracker, pro-Federation (killed Night 2)
Lixes: Klingon mafia member (modkilled Night 2 due to inactivity)
NoMomentum: Klingon mafia Godfather (lynched Day 3)
Taiboss: Klingon mafia member (modkilled Night 3 by request)
Knoob85687: Klingon mafia member (killed Night 3)
myhome16: Leonard “Bones” McCoy, Doctor, pro-Federation (lynched Day 4)
tttttt: Worf, vigilante (killed in endgame)
N1NjA546: James T. Kirk, Investigator (Cop), pro-Federation (killed in endgame)
therealsirmark4: Beverly Crusher, Doctor, pro-Federation (killed in endgame)

Flag Post

Signzers.

Flag Post

/sign

Flag Post

Signthing

Flag Post

Slicing
Ice
Gnats
Now

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

Slicing
Ice
Gnats
Now

So…
I
Got
Newer gnats

Flag Post

umm. Do I just say “sign” to get in the game?

If so, I sign.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NoMomentum:

If so, I sign.

Yeah, all you do is sign to games. But some games may require extra things to sign, such as creating characters.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NoMomentum:

If so, I sign.

Yeah, that’s all you need to do. However, if this is your first mafia game, I would suggest reading this for some basic information on mafia games, and this for a slightly more advanced guide.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

I’m judging you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

I’m judging you.

Should I be worried?

Flag Post

And yea’ the wrath of five billion nerds will fall upon thee; who hath been foolish enough not to memorize all that is Star Trek canon both past and future, who hath angered the furious jew who doth lurketh in the sky, and who hath entered the realm without due preparation.

Flag Post

Singing
In
Gnat’s
Neck

Flag Post

And yea’ the wrath of five billion nerds will fall upon thee; who hath been foolish enough not to memorize all that is Star Trek canon both past and future, who hath angered the furious jew who doth lurketh in the sky, and who hath entered the realm without due preparation.

Well, it’s a Mafia game, not a 40-page dissertation (I certainly don’t have time for that). I’m a big Pokemon fan, but it’s not like I judged the several Pokemon mafia games I’ve seen based on their accuracy to the games’ canon.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Well, it’s a Mafia game, not a 40-page dissertation (I certainly don’t have time for that). I’m a big Pokemon fan, but it’s not like I judged the several Pokemon mafia games I’ve seen based on their accuracy to the games’ canon.

Pokemon fan, you say…?

Quick, pre-evolution of Forretress!

Flag Post

Pineco.

Flag Post

Excellent!

Flag Post

Should we really be derailing a Star Trek themed thread with Pokemon?

Flag Post

Sign