(Strategy/Survival Game) The FGF Zombie Apocalypse [Sign-ups. Accepting reserves.] (locked)

110 posts

Flag Post

I think it’s about time I made a new game…
And this time, it’ll be a bit more organised than High-Score! Or at least… I hope so…

So I open this game for sign-ups:

Yes, it’s a zombie game! And this should be fun.

The FGF Zombie Apocalypse will be a game of mostly strategy. Your aim in this game is to live the longest throughout the zombie apocalypse (pretty obviously…) and beat your team mates in a match of survival! The game has a similar approach to that of a board game.
Interested?
Well why don’t you sign u-
WAIT!
Firstly, I will ask you to read the How to Play.
It is absolutely necessary that you read these and understand them thoroughly.
Then you may sign up with all your heart.

Rules (that do not come under How to Play)
1. Play the game correctly. Don’t make your action something stupid that can’t be done.
2. Be active.
3. Anyone who signs but does not play for a period of 3 in-game days and 3 in-game nights will be modkilled and replaced if a replacement is available.
4. You may not reveal your whereabouts in the game. Anyone who does will be automatically modkilled and replaced if a replacement is available or given 2 warnings if the situation is an accident.
5. Don’t spam. This includes swearing or abusive language. I don’t like it, just to let you know. You may be modkilled or given a warning. 3 warnings and you’re automatically modkilled.
6. Don’t get upset. Remember, this is just a game – it’s not real life.
7. Don’t sign unless you know how to play.
8. If you haven’t signed, please don’t PM actions to me. You will be allowed to comment in the thread on the game so far.
9. If I find out that anybody should be cheating by communicating via PM, chat, etc. about their whereabouts in the game will be automatically modkilled and replaced if a replacement is available.
10. Have fun!
11. You may only sign if you have more than 250 forum posts.

*Please note that I will be away for a short period of time of 3 days from the 5th of October to the 7th of October, and you will be required to leave the game as it is until I return.

Flag Post

Sign-Ups:

1. arkenarken
2. helltank
3. Pulsaris
4. DragonArcherZ
5. GotterakaThing
6. myhome16
7. Hyped
8. CowFriend
9. therealsirmark4
10. Jaskaran2000

Reserves
1. BCLEGENDS
2. AdeebNafees (signed via PM)

Flag Post

Updates (older to more recent):

• 26/09/2012 – Made forum game.
  • 26/09/2012 – Game open for sign-ups.
  • 26/09/2012 – Added rule 11. Please check this.
  • 26/09/2012 – Bumped rule 11 down a bit. 500 post minimum is a little high.
  • 26/09/2012 – Added FAQs and Bits that I Forgot. This is important; please read.
  • 27/09/2012 – Now asking for ten signs rather than nine.
  • 27/09/2012 – Updated FAQs and Bits that I Forgot to the How to Play. Please check the How to Play again. New or edited bits are highlighted yellow.
  • 27/09/2012 – Fixed map not having detected cars and bikes. Please check this.
  • 27/09/2012 – Made sign-ups have links to the player’s profile page.
  • 30/09/2012 – Released game launch date (that sounds like some really official game, doesn’t it?).
  • 30/09/2012 – Sign-ups filled. Accepting reserves now.

Flag Post

FAQs and Bits that I Forgot

Q: Two shotguns?
A: Unfortunately, shotguns are rare and are hard to come by. To find two would be incredibly difficult.

Q: Choose weapons from hardware store?
A: Nope. While in the hardware store, you are given two weapons per day to choose if you would like to keep or discard. The longer you stay in the hardware store, the better choice of weapons you’ll have.

Q: Loot the house if I have 7 day/night food and two weapons.
A: You cannot loot the house unless you are trading weapons for other weapons (in which case the first weapon is discarded and not put in the house) or refilling food supply. If you have 7 day/night food and take 2 day/night food you are not taking any as you have full food already.

Q: Zombies break into house so run away?
A: There is only one door to a house, so the only way to get out will be by taking damage from the zombies. Plus if your action is moving away, your action cannot be fighting at the same time, can it?

Q: In early game attack players with weapons that add to above 40?
A: The weapons with lower durability are much more common than ones with higher durability. The weapons you find at te beginning will generally have less durability, then you will find weapons with more.

Q: I spot zombies but they don’t spot me?
A: Wrong. All stats for detection zones for zombies apply exactly the same for players. If you’ve spotted a zombie horde, they’ve spotted you.

Q: Limited bikes?
A: Yes, I have screwed up. And you all seem to have forgotten the cars. Bikes and cars can also be found around the map in random spaces, and you can detect them from the same distance as a zombie would detect you from inside that vehicle. This was a major screw up on my part, and I’ll be fixing that example map later.

Q: Only 7 food and food goes down per day and night?
A: No. To make it more simple, you have 14 food that will be lowered by one every day and night. This adds up to 7 days and nights of food. I will change this to be the simpler one.

Q: Can player detect you while you are in the bushland?
A: Yes, they can. Everything can detect you in the bushland. The only difference that bushland would have to the normal road would be that zombies do not follow you in.

Updated at this point.

Q: Can I refill my weapon durability by waiting in a house like I would do to replenish my health?
A: No. All weapons have a limited durability that cannot be changed. There are infinite weapons in the game anyway (hardware store), so there is no real need for this.

Q: What is the detection zones for players detecting players?
A: Oops, I forgot this bit. Players detecting players is the same detection zones as a player detecting a small zombie horde.

Q: How much food and weapons do you get for searching a house?
A: When you search a house for food, you will find between 2 and 6 food, however more can be found if you should search the house again. When you search a house for weapons, you will find 1 weapon, which you may choose to keep or discard, and more can be found if you search again. Houses will have 2 or 3 searches available for each item before running out of that item.

Flag Post

Also just in case.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

By the all mighty lord of darkness, Zerroph Zerran. I hearby place my sign on this game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Sign.

Please read the How to Play.

Flag Post
Originally posted by REALinsanemonkey:

Sign.

I already read it.

Flag Post

Sign.

I already read it.

No you didn’t.

Flag Post

Sign.

I already read it.

No you didn’t.

Yesh I did -_-

Flag Post

Sign.

I already read it.

No you didn’t.

Yesh I did _

All of it? /:J

Flag Post

Signzorz.

To be honest this game seems too easy.

Strategy to Win FGF Zombie Apocalypse
1)First night move towards the nearest house that’s not your own.
2)Then, once you reach it, search for food and weapons.
3)Once it’s looted go to the supermarket to stock up on food.
4)If you do not have 2 shotguns yet, go to the hardware store and get an upgrade.
5)Go to the toy store and get a bike. If you still do not have 2 shotguns, get an upgrade from there.
6)Go to the supermarket to stock up on food.
7)Alternate going to the supermarket and the hardware store until you have 2 shotguns.
8)Now you have 2 shotguns, go to the supermarket and stay there. Eventually a player will come along as all players need food and the supermarket is the only unlimited source of food.
9)During your first fight you will probably lose some durability of your shotguns and health. Go to the nearest house to recuperate and the hardware store to replenish shotguns.
10)If zombies attack you in the supermarket you should be able to take care of them.
11)Do not attack players unless you have full health and your shotguns have ful durability.
12)Due to the supermarket’s food supply you will never have to worry about food again.
13)As a sidenote, camp at the supermarket entrance, just in case it isn’t obvious.
14)If you are attacked by another player, like for example when you are upgrading weps in the early steps or recovering from a successful player kill in a house, pray that you survive. If you do, run like crap in the opposite direction until you reach a house. Recuperate, go supermarket, then go hardware store. That will top you up to the max and you’re ready to roll again.

FAQ about Strategy
Q:Why don’t I ever use my own house?
A:Your house is to be used as a backup, last resort hideout against zombies if all else fails. If you use up the resources in it it isn’t as effective.

Q:What if the worst happens, I have to retreat into my house, but the zombies break through anyway?
A:Run into the bushlands until the zombies go away.

Q:Why is this strategy so player killing?
A:Other players loot empty houses, leaving you with nothing to loot, take the bikes from the toy store and also, to win you must be the last one standing. It’s much faster if you take the fight to them rather than wait for zombies.

Q:Why can’t I wait for players to retreat into a house because they’re wounded and then attack them?
A:You’ll be waiting a long time. There are so many houses to recuperate in the odds are against you. If you are alerted that someone has entered your house and you are close enough to initiate combat, by all means. Opportunities should be taken; the strategy is just a guideline.

Q:I’ve seen a zombie horde! Should I attack it?
A:Look at the zombie search radius on the How to Play. If they’ve spotted you, attack them. You wil have to fight them anyway as they can run faster than you. Otherwise, run away as fighting them does not benefit you.

Q:I have some food and mediocre weapons. Which to top up first?
A:The weapons, unless you’re going to starve if you take time out to get weapons.

Q:I have the best weapons in the game(two shotguns) and 7 days and 7 nights worth of food. I’ve come across an empty house. Should I loot it?
A:Yes. Nothing you fnid there will benefit you since you have the best stats possible, but if you loot the house it means other players(your enemies) will not be able to get the loot.

Q:Should I attack players in the early stages of the game?
A:Depends. If your weapons, combined, have at least 40 durability, and you have enough food to heal up in an empty house, you should jump at the chance to take an opponent out early. You will probably beat him because if you follow my strategy, you will be the best equipped player in the game. If you don’t have the above criteria, run away.

Q:When the bike I got from the toy store when I was upgrading my weapons runs out, should I make another trip to replace it?
A:No. Most likely all the other players will have already grabbed the remaining bikes. Also, it’s only useful if you want to travel great distances. With my camp in supermarket strategy, if you pick a recuperation house close to the supermarket, you won’t need to travel too far.

Flag Post

Sign.

I already read it.

No you didn’t.

Yesh I did _

Yes.

Flag Post

Sign.

I already read it.

No you didn’t.

Yesh I did _

Yes.

Read it again then :)

Flag Post

This game is not very fun,
just like a walk in a zoo.
But since I want to be the winning one,
I might just sign up too.

Flag Post

Everyone, please read my strategy, especially REALinsanemonkey. Might want to tweak the game so it can’t be won easily with my strat.

Flag Post

Question for helltank: what if multiple people are running around doing that? you get a battle with 2 people each with 2 shotguns for a total Durability of 100 they kill each other, so now that you have told everyone this tactic you don’t know who is going to have 2 shotguns. now if you kept this tactic to yourself you could have had an advantage.

and you will have multiple people at the supermarket’s entrances meaning combat between the maxed guys is highly likely.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Everyone, please read my strategy, especially REALinsanemonkey. Might want to tweak the game so it can’t be won easily with my strat.

Okay. Will tweak a bit, and I’ll highlight the bits that got changed.

EDIT: Maybe not at the mo. I’ll change it in this thread for now and use one of my reserve posts.

Flag Post

Sign.

Now I gotta go to sleep, zzz.

I lol’d at Jask’s failousity.

Flag Post

Feel free to ask any questions about the game, and I will be here to answer them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by arkenarken:

Question for helltank: what if multiple people are running around doing that? you get a battle with 2 people each with 2 shotguns for a total Durability of 100 they kill each other, so now that you have told everyone this tactic you don’t know who is going to have 2 shotguns. now if you kept this tactic to yourself you could have had an advantage.

and you will have multiple people at the supermarket’s entrances meaning combat between the maxed guys is highly likely.

If i’d kept itto myself, i would have won the gamei n a nanosecond. That is not fun. I’d rather haev so many shotgunners walking around that the host is forced to step in and remove the unfairness strategy or change the rules before tehgame starts.

Flag Post

Updated FAQ.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Updated FAQ.

Updated mine too.

Flag Post

Question for Host: You never went into details about starving, do you starve as soon as you run out of food? in real life a human can survive for multiple days without food before starving to death.

Also does the food thing work like this?: 7 day food, 7 night food. it has gone from day to night. 6 day food, 7 night food? If it is like that then did you consider saying 14 food max and you eat one food every day/night so that you don’t have to call it night/day food and you still have the same amount? or is the food, 7 food all up and the 7 food decreases by 1 every day making it 6 food then again at night making it 5 food?