Note: These rules were shamelessly ripped off of Bluji, with some alterations, grammar changes to fit my style, and additions. Please drown him in elephants or give him a gift as thanks, whichever one he prefers. As alterations and additions have been made, I suggest you read them even if you have played one of Bluji’s mafias.
1. Votes and unvotes must be in bold, like this: vote [insert username]. In the event of changing votes to a new target, you must first unvote before you revote. Note that votes that don’t follow this rule will probably be ignored.
2. Discussion about this game must be contained inside of this thread, unless stated by the role PM. In most cases, role PM’s that allow communication will restrict you to certain people and to using PM’s; these limits must be followed.
3. Dead people lose their ability to speak, only managing to utter out some dying words as one “Bah” post directly after their death. This post may not contain any information relating to the game.
4. Night actions are all optional, but please PM me stating your hatred towards the use of night actions even if you don’t plan to use it. If you know that you will be gone during the night phase, your action can be PMed to me during the corresponding day phase.
5. Days end after about 48 hours, but only if a majority of the town is voting. If this majority is not reached, 24 extra hours will be added to the final deadline.
6. Nights last about 24 hours. If all actions are submitted, the night will end directly afterwards.
7. Ties in the votes are resolved by lynching the person who got the most votes the quickest.
8. During day, players are allowed to vote for a No Lynch. Players may not vote themselves.
9. If you aren’t a part of the game, please don’t post in the thread.
10. Editing or deleting posts is strictly forbidden. If you need to change or clarify something made in one of your previous posts, you must do so with another post—even if you have to double-post. In Mafia game lingo, this is known as an EBWOP (Edit By Way of Post).
11. I trust that none of you would be despicable enough to use alts, but alts are strictly forbidden.
12. Don’t be inactive without a good reason; excessive inactivity would make me depressed enough to replace or modkill you. Before I resort to such measures, warnings will be posted in-thread and sent by PM. Whether or not you’re inactive will be left to my personal judgment and common sense. If you play the game actively and dedicatedly, you have nothing to worry about. If you happen to have a reason for inactivity, please PM me before you go into the inactive.
13. Presenting any kind of copies of private mod messages is highly prohibited. Claims are fine, but quoting or “exchanging a few words for synonyms” is forbidden.
14. Do not post any pictures. This isn’t the General Thread or Spamville. Similarly, try to keep spam to a minimum.
15. This is not a rule, but a personal preference. Please post using grammar so that your posts will be decipherable by both me and other players. It really means a lot to me.
16. Dead members on the winning team can still receive wins if I deem their efforts as worthy. This means that they must be active and that they must play well. To eliminate any bias on my part, I’ll also allow people to argue that they deserve a win and for others to support them.
17. Any breaking of the rules, especially 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, and 13, will result in a mod action. This may mean modkill or temporary or permanent ban from my games.