Welcome to Jeopardy: Music Edition. The game where you test your wits (or for some of you, search engines). Here are the rules below:
-Anybody (who is signed up) can post at anytime if they know the answer.
-If you have ever played or watched Jeopardy, all answers must be in the form of a question. I also would like you to post what category and $ value you want next. Regardless of getting it correct or incorrect. Here is how your post should look when answering:
: The third letter of the alphabet.
: What is C?
I’ll take Math for $200.
: The current host of Wheel of Fortune.
: Who is Pat Sajak?
I’ll take Reading for $500.
- Contrary to the last Jeopardy game I hosted, you are not allowed to answer more than once per question. This will make it fair for other players. I will disregard all answers after your first one if you answer a single question multiple times.
-When posts for a Q&A are incorrect 5 consecutive times, I will move on to the next highest $ value of the same category, or the next category if there are none available.
-Time’s up: You have 24 hours to answer a question from the time I post it. If nobody gets the answer correct within that time, I will discard the question select the next category and $ value.
-Score: For each one you answer correctly, you get the $ value that was selected on the board.
NEW RULE: For each one you answer incorrectly, I will subtract the amount it is worth. Once again, this will make it fair to others.
-Daily Double: Get this right, and the $ value of what was selected doubles and adds to your points! Get the daily double wrong, and I subtract half of what it is worth. Example: Daily double is worth $2000, I will subtract $1000.
-Rounds – When a board is clear, that is the end of the round. When a new round starts, the categories will be placed here on this first (or third) post. As well as the recent post of this thread as a reminder.
- I will subtract points for getting a question wrong equal to the cash value of the question. The only occasion this will differ is if you get the Daily Double incorrect, in which case I will subtract half of the cash value.
- Some answers might not be easily found on search engines! Use your wits
- Editing posts is against the rules. If I see it, I’ll deduct your score by 2000 points. Even if you already have 0.
- Remember, you are only allowed to answer ONCE per question, to make it fair for other players. 5 incorrect answers in a row will end the current question.
Got it? Good. Let’s begin!