[GemCraft Labyrinth] update

19 posts

Flag Post

Latest Update with Gameinabottle

Preview: Well, it seems that a new addition to the GemCraft series is coming out, with some new additions and modifications.

The Bad News – The bad news is that supergemming is nerfed.

The Good News – This is going to be a longer list …

1. Skill tree has some infinitely-upgradeable skills, others have 30-40 tiers
  2. New pause-action state – speedhack is not necessary
  3. Creating Grade 12 gems at a time – angering and possibly building fp is much easier and more effective
  4. Enhanced Pool is now a positive-worth ability (not shown but implied in a comment on previous post)
  5. Configurable waves – boosts score incredibly
  6. Angering gives % score bonus; Endurance gives % bonus on how many waves you pass
  7. Amulets are now worth something (give multiplier)
  8. Can choose which grade gems you would like to create.

Enjoy.

Flag Post

Looks sweet. Can’t wait for the new version.

Flag Post

hmm, einfach, you seemingly reached the blog for the first time – the good news 1, 3, 8 were announced a month before. But yes, this update is incredibly enlightening and invigorating.

About supergemming – well, I believe it was too easy to just supergem a single gem and watch it pwn everything. But one good thing is that you no longer need supergemming to get big scores – you won’t get your base exp bonus higher whatever you do, and now you can summon more Swarm monsters for the same bonus (needs investigation though, perhaps summoning giants will still do more good despite of the difficulty) or summon less angered waves for longer to get significant summon multiplier instead of a need of super-angering a single wave.

Overall I expect this game will have a better balance of skill and exp earned, and will retain difficulty up to the topmost levels of both the campaign and the wizard. Challenging is good after all :) And we might have a very wide field of building 228-like levels for severe grindfests along with BIG bosses for additional epicness.

Oh faints

Flag Post

No, I’ve been to the blog before, but I wanted to let the forum know about the new features of the game, and I didn’t find a comprehensive list of the new features.

I commented on one of your posts a while back on the blog, if I’m correct.

I thought that this was the best update they’d given.

It will be interesting to see how angering will be balanced.

Yes, we might have a field of entirely open space for the final level.

Flag Post

there’s a new post back there in the blog with another, even heavier load of epicness inside. A glance at skills, a glance at pre-battle settings and a glance at a global map, with several pieces of in-game data provides a lot of information and excitement – at least for me.

Flag Post

I saw this too. I can see this game being released quite soon… Amplifiers require balancing though.

Flag Post

The Bad News – You have to pay real money for everything

Fixed

Flag Post

then the bad news is that you’re yet alive… hehe. You have to do something, and pay for it, and if you’re dead, it’s all silence.

Flag Post

Trust me – there are so many options of payment, you will be able to acquire it, anyway, even without paypal / stuff like that…

Flag Post
Originally posted by einfach:

Trust me – there are so many options of payment, you will be able to acquire it, anyway, even without paypal / stuff like that…

Being able to pay isn’t the issue, having to pay is

Flag Post

It’ll be on mochigames, and accept mochicoins. (eventually)
…speaking of which, I’d better hit the serveys beforehand.

Flag Post

@fractal

I can’t find any good surveys D: They all are circular (I keep filling out the same surveys over and over again) or they require some form of payment. I’ve got 450 Mochicoins so far… I’m 9% of the way there!

Any surveys that you use that work?

Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:

The Bad News – You have to pay real money for everything

Fixed

Wait, what? You do realize that less than 10% of the game require real money, right? I don’t know about you, but I’d just pretend that the premium contents don’t exist.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:

The Bad News – You have to pay real money for everything support a hard-working developer

Fixed

Fixed

Flag Post
Originally posted by einfach:

The Good News – This is going to be a longer list …

1. Skill tree has some infinitely-upgradeable skills, others have 30-40 tiers
  2. New pause-action state – speedhack is not necessary
  3. Creating Grade 12 gems at a time – angering and possibly building fp is much easier and more effective
  4. Enhanced Pool is now a positive-worth ability (not shown but implied in a comment on previous post)
  5. Configurable waves – boosts score incredibly
  6. Angering gives % score bonus; Endurance gives % bonus on how many waves you pass
  7. Amulets are now worth something (give multiplier)
  8. Can choose which grade gems you would like to create.

Enjoy.

we have always been able to do #8(we can pick which grade we want)did you mean
8. Can choose which color gems you want to create because you forgot to mention that

Flag Post

when will this game be released on kong?

Flag Post

“Next week” as of 4/15.
Blog post here.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/games/gameinabottle/gemcraft-labyrinth/comments
it’s on the site already, just it’s not visible to public.

Flag Post

And now it’s out and on the site.
http://www.kongregate.com/games/gameinabottle/gemcraft-labyrinth