Numbercraft (the math behind GCL) page 3

65 posts

Flag Post

oh than i got it wrong i read somewhere above (S/U)^.53. …but (K/K-S)^0.53 sounds good.. so to get a high mult you need to manage a diffren of 1 and you will get more or less mult = sqrt(K) …good work

Flag Post

I think there is some problem with L/Y in traps. I had a game with a few gr28 in traps doing minimal 14 billion damage to 2600 targets and they were hardly able to kill 8 billion monsters and 4 were unable to kill 1500 monsters with 400 billion hp (although that should only take about ~1/2 second).
In comparison one (1) gem with about the same damage in towers (gr29) completely butchers such waves. Even if you call them early… Anyone else noticed this?

Also: the traps in the bottommost row are a little bugged. Try a map with an entry at the top and the bottom and put identical traps to both entrances. The monsters from the bottom entrance will be able to travel further before dying.

Flag Post

did you check armor levels of those monsters? if the armor is above top damage*mult, 0 damage will reach the monster’s HP.

Flag Post

No it wasnt armor hp. But I think I found the reason (at least partially). If you have a gem with high fs and play with triple speed the dps decreases significantly compared to 1x speed. I always thought that the game can handle more than 1 attack per frame but perhaps it cant (in which case fs>110 is useless).

Still cant help but feel that something’s wrong with a high lime gem in traps.

Edit: With normal speed I think more than 1 attack per frame is possible. With 3x speed it looks like even less than 1 attack per frame.

Flag Post

I did notice that playing at 3x speed messes up a lot of things, so the game handles stuff differently. If you try to send a wave early you always get 98% instead of 100% everytime you click or hit next. (It’ll be 100 if you click to send more than one wave at a time, but the first time you click the max you can get is 98%). I also noticed that the new auto-extend feature doesn’t extend your mana pool 3x faster when running at 3x speed.

So I wouldn’t be surprised to see hits have issues at 3x speed. I was trying to figure out if the game capped firing speed, and it’s really hard to test >_<. Capping firing speed is probably an okay bug, esp if they nerf lime gems.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Celaeris:

I did notice that playing at 3x speed messes up a lot of things, so the game handles stuff differently. If you try to send a wave early you always get 98% instead of 100% everytime you click or hit next. (It’ll be 100 if you click to send more than one wave at a time, but the first time you click the max you can get is 98%). I also noticed that the new auto-extend feature doesn’t extend your mana pool 3x faster when running at 3x speed.

So I wouldn’t be surprised to see hits have issues at 3x speed. I was trying to figure out if the game capped firing speed, and it’s really hard to test >_<. Capping firing speed is probably an okay bug, esp if they nerf lime gems.

i never noticed thx!

Flag Post

i discovered something: grade 2’s can give better managain than grade 1’s. why? armor. if you have to anger with grade 1’s, you obviously have rather low firepower, and it doesn’t take many angers for the armor to be simply too much to handle…SO…grade, managain/monster to break even (no net gain for angering with that grade at that gain), and managain/monster when the mana/gem for grade n is the same as using grade n-1. (in case of grade 1’s, that’s the same as the break even point). max forge assume

max forge is assumed.
grade breakeven equalgain/gemused
1 13.25 13.25
2. 20 26.75
3. 28.7 42.6
4. 42.1 71.17
5. 66 141.7
6. 105 244
7. 178 569
edit: ergbkag, formatting

Creating this allowed me to complete the l9 challenge, scoring amultiplier of 34.8 …would’ve gotten more, and seen what my anger multiplier was, if I hadn’t been rushing right at the end.

Flag Post

what about red/yellow with high kill count and dual gem spec?

Flag Post

Not as potent as lime/yellow. 20x base damage plus 20x chain pretty much kills everything for a good long while.

Flag Post

but the base damage is horrible.

i just beat an endurance (no monsters got through) with 1 tower. it was a red/yellow then lime 3 way gem, im not specced into triple gem mastery or chain hit but i had a tower with 100-300k damage, 97x damage 100%, 200% kills to damage and 100% to hit 47 monsters.

It was level 21 gem and it was stupid. i just went from level 100 to 118.

red is awesome.

Flag Post

the gem had 18000 + kills at the end.

Flag Post

C7- 371.7 score. 322,000+ experience

Flag Post

well, if you compare your red/yellow to yellow ONLY you’ll find that red/yellow has less total damage.

Flag Post

so, after getting a bit dizzy of reading the whole post (great work by the way) a bunch of L/O is the way to go? Or should it be L/O/Y ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Barclin:

but the base damage is horrible.

i just beat an endurance (no monsters got through) with 1 tower. it was a red/yellow then lime 3 way gem, im not specced into triple gem mastery or chain hit but i had a tower with 100-300k damage, 97x damage 100%, 200% kills to damage and 100% to hit 47 monsters.

It was level 21 gem and it was stupid. i just went from level 100 to 118.

red is awesome.

Originally posted by Barclin:

the gem had 18000 + kills at the end.

100-300K?

18000kills*2=

Gem damage: 136-336K
let’s take 236K as an average

236K*97*47 = a possible 1,075,924,000 damage PER HIT.

Not bad, aye?

HOWEVER, a dual G21 YL

Will have 110x crit about(with amps but I think yours had amps as well?

and if even/even, about 100x chain

and damage would be less: 105k-290K(lime has smallest dmg range, yellow has medium dmg, red has highest maximum and is quite big range)

NOW: average is 197.5K

197.5*110*100= 2,172,500,000

YL is more than double the RYL