[GemCraft Labyrinth] Angering frustration.

8 posts

Flag Post

This is really irritating me and making me not want to play.

Anyone get a multiplier bonus of 0.01 at the end of a game? Yes, seriously, 0.01.

Has anyone figured out what the angering algorithm is, or some general rules? It’s not ‘more = better’ because apparently there is a limit that ruins it.

Flag Post

Please be aware that the game is not complete yet – there will be many changes/fixes in the next updates like the Endurance change (will be harder, yellow effect will be nerfed, Unlimited waves will be probably really Unlimited and so on).
If you find bugs, please report to Peter, and he’ll definitely fix them.

Flag Post

that only happens on pylon levels if you have summoned more monsters than you have killed. if summonedmonsters=monsters killed, hello INFINITY exp. one less monster than killed, huge exp. Go one over, and you will get .01…which is at least better than a negative multiplier.

the value you get is given by (monsters summoned+monsterskilled/monsters killed-monsterssummoned), where monsters killed-monsters summoned is supposed to equal the base monsters….but it doesn’t work correctly if you anger just before finishing a pylon level.

Flag Post

The summon multiplier is roughly equal to (monsters killed/(monsters killed – monsters summoned)/100. The reason you got a 0.01 is due to your monstered summoned being greater than your monsters killed. To maximize multiplier, make your monsters killed 1 greater than your summons.

Flag Post

Wow, man. That bug is rather complicated and confusing to me. Well, then, let Peter take time to read players’ feedback and see if he saw any in-game bugs. I haven’t used summon that much when I only played the half of the beginning progress.

OP, please don’t feel so mad just because you see the bug. Flash games can allowed to be updated, so please be patient. And don’t feel so emotional on playing games either.

Flag Post

…it’s a case of using 1/basemonsters, where the method usedto calculate basemonsters is flawed, potentially giving a 0 or <0 answer. It should really be f(monsters summoned), independent of basemonsters, for some function f.
…if that doesn’t clarify the issue, then I give up, because it’s not a complicated bug, just one peter hasn’t gotten around to fixing, because relatively few players anger enough to encounter it (compared to, say, infinite mana from pressing x over a trap…). “Complicated” bugs are MUCH, MUCH more subtle or difficult to figure out-say, some of the hanging-gem glitches that sometimes occur if you pause while dragging a gem.

then again, just about everything is relative…

Flag Post

there should be an sqrt somewhere in the summon multiplier formula, since if you summon 3 times more monsters than base (non-pylon levels), you get 2.00 multiplier. And there was a graph with these, curving downwards roughly at a square root rate, posted somewhere here at Numbercraft. And yes, it’s weird that anything gets divided by a value that could be exactly zero. This stuff was reported already, I have received a message from Peter that this issue is major and he has to look into it closely.

Flag Post

i was wondering how to get in,fin,it and 0.01 now i know thanks