Anyone need help?

277 posts

Flag Post

Title says all. I would like to call myself a gemcraft veteran, but I would be flamed. So… I’ll just say i beat the game on armorgames before it came to kong. IF you need help on a cirtain level or any spacific strategy, POST BELOW.

Flag Post

list of tiers for all gems?

Flag Post

you mean all grades of all gems?

Flag Post

I just want to know what I have to do to open the fields in the corners. I remember reading somewheres that you had to get a certain amulet, but I don’t know which one(s).

Flag Post
Originally posted by danielhead:

you mean all grades of all gems?

sure, that too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by aturtledoesbite:

I just want to know what I have to do to open the fields in the corners. I remember reading somewheres that you had to get a certain amulet, but I don’t know which one(s).

If I remember correctly, the four hidden fields are tied to two Journey Amulets and two Challenge Amulets. I don’t remember which unlocks which, but I believe they are 200,000 monsters killed, 12 Apparitions killed, K9 Challenge (100 waves beaten in 1 battle) and L9 Challenge (kill 7000 monsters in 1 battle).

Oreno5267: I don’t quite know what you mean by “tiers”. Aside from grade, damage, range, specials, and composition (what base components are in the gem), there aren’t any other attributes of interest.

Flag Post

Were’s THE SKILL MENU???

Flag Post
Originally posted by flameface12345:

Were’s THE SKILL MENU???

I just spent 5 minutes looking and gave up, but you have to click a level first and then it pops up.

Flag Post

What is the best map to start off endurance?

Flag Post

so basically this what the tiers look like for me, maybe you could reason.
only what i have used so far

red
purple
blue
green
orange
yellow

Flag Post

xsindomanx, G13 of course – the slowest map to try this, and the most forgiving one. Even if you’ll mistake initial settings with wrong gem, you will still be able to endure enough.

Oreno5267, use lime with red or orange (orange for traps), but it benefits traps only from grade 7. If you’re able to build a grade 7 gem of any color, unlock lime+yellow and make lime/yellow, and watch it pwn.

Flag Post

How do you unlock A13? I know there’s amulet to be found, but is it at A12 or just somewhere else in labirynth. Also – is it just one of challenges or is it hidden in other way?

Flag Post

All 4 corners are hidden. A13 and M1 are unlocked by journey amulets, A1 and M13 by challenge amulets (with M13 being impossible to get without premium, and A1 being very hard but achieveable).

Flag Post

I believe I got A13 after killing 12 apparitions. M1 came after 200k monsters killed. I haven’t attempted the L9 and K9 challenges yet, but I will to figure out which is which between A13 and M1.
There’s lots of information about gem grade and effectiveness here.
There’s also lots and lots of help here.
Both these links are from the GC0 forum, where people were discussion GCL while they played on Armorgames.

Flag Post

L9 is 7k monsters and is for A1, K9 is wave 100 and is for M13. Unless, of course, GiaB decided to change the links just for us to start anew :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by vesperbot:

xsindomanx, G13 of course – the slowest map to try this, and the most forgiving one. Even if you’ll mistake initial settings with wrong gem, you will still be able to endure enough.

Oreno5267, use lime with red or orange (orange for traps), but it benefits traps only from grade 7. If you’re able to build a grade 7 gem of any color, unlock lime+yellow and make lime/yellow, and watch it pwn.

Indeed, lime/yellow is the key to getting all the way through endurance mode (there are actually only 1337 waves in endurance mode, the author says this in the AG site changelog if you don’t believe me, and hit points are capped at 3,333,333,333 in most cases).

I use the premium edition, though, and so have triple gem mastery maxed; I find, then, that the best combination is orange/yellow/lime (specifically orange and lime of grade n, yellow of grade n+1); as your gems get larger, they will be tearing monsters apart while also flooding your mana pool constantly; you can get to a mana multiplier of 200x (or more, but I never went beyond that) this way on endurance mode.

Flag Post

Also, another cheap trick for endurance mode: if you need a lot of, for example, grade 5 orange gems (say for traps), then rather than just creating a bunch of them, create 3 or 4, pick the one with the best stats, and then make copies of that gem for the rest. It won’t cost any more mana, and will get you better gems overall.

You can compound this trick in other ways: another example, let’s say I have six towers with identical gems that are each a level 4 lime, level 4 orange, and level 5 yellow combined into a level 6 gem. Rather than creating more, I can look at the stats of these six gems, find the best one, and then begin to copy it. The copies I can then merge with the existing gems to make level 7 versions, and these (on average) will have better stats than if I just created the gems fresh.

Flag Post

If you enable the “Waves getting tougher faster” modifier, the HP cap is increased to 9,999,999,999 (10 billion -1). That option also gives an extra 0.05 multiplier per wave beaten in Endurance (IIRC, the Endurance multiplier for all 1337 waves without this option is 74.47, so with this option, it goes to 141.32).

Flag Post

What are Apparitions, and when do they pop up? I think I killed two so far.

Flag Post

Ehh no edit button sucks. Anyway OK I’ve found some info that they are entirely random, don’t attack and every next one is stronger. And they drop skill points >:]

Flag Post

Craven, the edit button is just below your name over on the left. :)
Yes, as far as I know they’re completely random.

Flag Post

Need help from any level 500+ who finished endurance mode on any map.
I am having a very hard time getting past wave 150+ on easier maps with base exp. of less than 1000.
I am currently wizard level around 150. Of course, I have premium.

Any suggestions?

Flag Post

IIRC, I completed my first Endurance (inadvertently) at about level 130-140.

Try selecting a map with at least one of Lime, Yellow, and Orange (two is even better). Yellow will be the gem that carries you through to the end, since it’s the gem that best scales with the increasing monster HP. Lime is there to speed up the killing process and you’ll need Orange to help get the mana needed to build the high grade gems to kill the late wave monsters. A mana farm will help as well (lay a number of traps with L/O gems, possibly with amplifiers).

If you also have the “Waves getting tougher faster” and “Higher monster armor” settings active, you may later need to add L/P gems into the mix to drop the armor of the high wave monsters.

Shrines work nicely if the damage gem you’ve built is close to, but not quite able to handle the monsters coming at you if you can build reasonably high grade gems to sacrifice (each increase in grade increases the HP reduction by 3% with maxed Powerful Shrines, to a maximum of 90% HP reduction from sacrificing a G30).

Of course, since I’m level 404 and you’ve asked for people who are level 500+, you can ignore what I’ve said…

Flag Post
Originally posted by xsindomanx:

Need help from any level 500+ who finished endurance mode on any map.
I am having a very hard time getting past wave 150+ on easier maps with base exp. of less than 1000.
I am currently wizard level around 150. Of course, I have premium.

Any suggestions?

A few suggestions:

The easiest way to beat endurance mode is to use Giant Monsters Only. The reason is that the HP is capped at 3,333,333,333 (without the waves getting tougher) option, regardless of what type of monster it is. So, in later waves, you’ll either have like 2 Giant Monsters with 3 billion hitpoints, or fifty swarm monsters with 3 billion hitpoints.

Second, you need to be summoning extra monsters early on, lots of them, for the extra mana to expand your mana pool/mana multiplier.

The type of gem to use depends on whether you have the premium edition or not, I would say. If so, you want triple gem mastery, and orange/lime/yellow. The specials get to obscene levels later in the game. If not premium, you’ll still need lime/yellow, but it will be much harder to make up for the loss of mana generation from those super gems. Mana traps are probably your best bet.

You’ll want one area with a lot of slow traps, and all your shrines focused on; these will get you through the late 100s and 200s, before you’ve been able to really build up your towers to the grade 15+ that you’ll need.. Put the slow traps toward the end of the course, then once you have a ton of monsters bunched up there, set off all the shrines at once.

Finally, amplifiers are crucial; I use as many amplifiers as towers (one row of amplifiers, one row of towers, one row of amplifiers…) but tastes may vary.

Flag Post

I’m stuck at K9 and M8. No matter what I seem to do I can’t pass those, I’ve even tried to redistribute my skill points to make other gems easier to unlock… I’m at level 34, should I go back and redo levels for more exp or does anyone have some tips?