Anyone need help? page 11

277 posts

Flag Post

I finally managed to pull off the pylon trick!!! level J4. only gained 1 1/2 levels from it – using armored monsters. going back now to try it with swarms – just to see what happens. :)
~
well, THAT didn’t work. though there were more monsters to kill with the swarm-only option activated, they have so few hit points that, when it came time to anger the monsters, I didn’t have enough mana to get anywhere close to the number I needed to anger.

what I DID manage to do, though, was drop down to the early game [I’m playing 2 simultaneously, one at a higher lever (about level 242 or so) and one at the mid-seventies level] and pull off the pylon trick on J4. and THEN I bumped myself up 6 levels! definitely worth doing.
I’ll do the rest of the pylon levels I’ve completed tomorrow [it’s getting late to start on that tonight]. in that game, I’m closing in on the shadow-clash level, so leveling up before I head in there will be a nice touch.

Flag Post

2c
Why do you play TWO games simultaneously? O_o
It makes no sense to do so, cause you can always reset the skills and replay any won level for new strategy and better score…
So, what’s the point in playing TWO games..?

Flag Post

somebody – - just for the fun of it. trying different strategies at the lower skill levels – just futzin around. it’s fun.

annnnnnnnnnnnnddddd!!!
I came over here to brag. I DOOED IT! I beat the shadow without resorting to a shrine!
ok, yes, on level D 13 – the easiest I could find with 2 of the colors I needed [lime and purple] then added yellow and I was off to the races. and, for once, I had strong enough gems by the time she showed up to finish her off pretty quickly. the fact that eight towers were so thoughtfully provided helped. as did the fact that there were 6 nests. I decided to go ahead and take them out – which necessitated placing towers in outlying districts – so, when she came on the scene, I was able to keep her under constant fire.

anyway – - I DID IT! she is dead as a doornail – and not a shrine on the map. :)

unfortunately, I had meant to go for a finite number of levels and forgot – so I’m on endurance mode. so, I guess I may as well go ahead and beat endurance while I’m at it – - so now I’m gonna be up all night. :(

Flag Post

2c
Congrats.
And that’s why I now play endurances without WGTF – at least I won’t need to stay up all night to beat one. :DDD

Flag Post

I always KNEW you were a braver man than I, Gunga Din. I have never yet played WGTF. far too much of a wimp to try it. at least not yet. I simply content myself with ‘faster monsters’ when fighting armored and giants and ‘higher armor’ when going after swarms.
one day, perhaps, but not yet.
~
I take it back. Yet.
I just beat L13 with WGTF.
ok, yes, a very easy level – - but I DID trigger a finite number of waves [+20]. so losing was definitely a possibility.
AND I managed to open both tombs and beat all the monsters inside. and, though a few got close and I had to engage in some fancy footwork to keep them at bay, no monster got to the orb.

ok, this wimp is gonna have to start experimenting with some of the more difficult challenges now.

Flag Post

i was playing for some hours and about to break the highscore at longest kill chain when suddenly:

wtf???

Flag Post

Maybe NOW someone will understand MY wish to keep playing OFFLINE? :DDD

Flag Post

hmmm. If Kongregate chat went down too, report to Kongregate bugs. If not, report to GiaB. Either way, check your system for memory limits and video performance.

Flag Post
Originally posted by xXH3ADHUNT3RXx:

i was playing for some hours and about to break the highscore at longest kill chain

wtf???

Mine was 3 291 141. Admins put very low cap on the highscore table.
And 1400 for Gem grade * facepalm *

This is “!” Flash error.

Flag Post

1400 grade gem? lol…which wizzard lvl are you?

Flag Post
Originally posted by xXH3ADHUNT3RXx:

1400 grade gem? lol…which wizzard lvl are you?

I mean that my highscore for longest kill chain doesn’t show because of low cap… Simultaneously gem grade table have way higher cap (1400 max) while highest legit gem had 51 grade.

Flag Post

hey, folks. I had been away for a while. rw intrusion alert.
anyhow, in the meantime, I got a new computer so had to start the game over from the beginning.

I got to level K1 and, decided, since I was there anyway, just to go ahead and try for the hundred-level-amulet. well, at about level 300, I decided to just go for broke and try to complete the endurance. it was the first attempt to beat endurance since I started playing this game.
I did it ok – but there were some horrific glitches along the way. so, has anyone else experienced this?

when the game started to lag [too much lime in the mix] I started upgrading using pure orange gems for the mana farm and pure yellows in the kill traps and towers. and all hell broke loose. gems would not place in towers. towers and traps [not all of them thank goodness, but a few, anyway] registered as empty even though I could see gems inside them. when I would try to place a gem in one of those “empty”-but-not-really traps or towers, I couldn’t release the gem. it just hung onto my cursor and wouldn’t let go.
during one of those episodes, the sounds suddenly muted. all tower gems [only 3 by that point] stopped shooting and the traps stopped leeching or doing damage, as well. the mana bar froze. while all this was happening, of course monsters managed to get to the orb but that fact didn’t register in the mana bar – thank goodness. after fiddling with it for a while, everything got back to normal whew! but I was careful not to try to place gems in anymore “empty” towers or traps, for sure.

now, the new computer is more powerful than the old one. plenty of ram, believe me. the only major difference is that I now have W-7 rather than XP. that wouldn’t cause the problem, would it? I’m sure lots of folks here have 7 and can play just fine.
I don’t think it’s the computer’s fault. so – - – has anyone else had this problem and is there anything I can do not to go through THIS every time I play endurance through to the end?

why did towers and traps register as empty when they clearly were not?
and why, then, wouldn’t they accept a new gem?

any help/insights would be appreciated, thanks.

Flag Post

oh, btw. I just jumped 34 levels [ and added 332 skill points]. so, I guess the glitches were worth suffering through . . . .

Flag Post

H8 help please? I’m lvl 76 and I tried everything I could think of.

Flag Post

Armored only.
Though, you are a bit underleveled.

Flag Post

Thanks. When I tried red I placed 4 towers with 2 amplifiers near each one of them (armored only, ofc) and the last waves completely beat me.

Flag Post

Try pure yellow or yellow/lime duals.

Flag Post

I can’t find the skills page anywhere, I’m got premium and it’s hidden…any help?

Flag Post

1. Click a field.
2. Click ’Foward to Skills" button in lower right corner.

Voilà!

Flag Post
Originally posted by xsindomanx:

What is the best map to start off endurance?

H11 or C7(the one in manafarm tutorial vid)

Flag Post

How do you beat the third pylon level? I keep getting pwned.

Flag Post

There is a trick you can use on any pylon level if you find yourself losing with only a few thousand points left to charge.

Pause the game then follow these steps:
1. Set all gems to target structures (the pylon) (shift+click on a gem to change what it targets). If you have trap gems, consider removing them from their traps and placing in towers targetting the pylon.
2. Send all remaining waves (ctrl+click on a wavestone).
3. Now unpause, wait, and hope for the best.

The mana lost from monsters reaching your orb will be countered by the mana gained by starting waves early – you may wish to set your mana pool to auto extend when it fills up. This will allow you to survive for a while longer and, hopefully, allow you to finish charging the pylon.

Also, I recommend turning all settings to their minimum or off in the options before using this tactic. The game gets laggy with many monsters on the screen.

Flag Post

Or, you can (try) to level up more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by superxchloe:

Im_dizzy: Here’s K9.
I assumed you have ~306 skill points to play with. I maxed construction, forge, dual gem, and the two gems given. I was able to put 20 into Focus. Let me know if any of these skills are unavailable to you, and I’ll adjust and rerun the level.
Lots of people find it’s easier to do armored only to get through a level (no swarms, no giants). Start here:

I was able to build the third tower and gem after the first wave. I upgraded those to grade 3, then started building upward, alternating a tower and a wall. Then, I built a wall going down along the left (one space over from the original ‘wall’) so the monsters had to go by the towers again. No towers, just walls. Then, as I could, I filled in the walls with towers and g3 gems. I did have to banish part of the last wave, but that was because I called it too early. You should get at least a 1.5 battle multiplier and of course the 1.17 settings multiplier. In any case, that would get you past the level.

I recall having trouble with this level, but I don’t quite recall what I did to get past it. I do know Wild Gem helped a lot.

Flag Post

Hi all
If you tell me your current level, available skill points and premium or not I will gladly supply you with a step by step guide to beating this or any other level.
I am currently level 5200 and something and provide guides written in plain English.
Hope this is of some help.