Supergeming?

4 posts

Flag Post

Hm, do you can supergem like in Gemcraft Chapter 0? Anyone tested yet?

Flag Post

Supergemming is no longer a viable strategy in GCL. You can actually end up decreasing the damage of gems if you attempt to supergem like in GC0.

It is possible to take two pure gems, one of grade x and another of grade x+1 to increase the specials of the higher grade one. However, the increase in specials rapidly decreases and soon does not make much of a difference.

Flag Post

okay, thank you for the answer. I think it’s better this way, as supergemming isn’t “natural”. I mean casual player may not even think about, that it’s good to combine high grade gems with low grade gems again and again and again.

Flag Post

you can supergem but you need to do a proper order of combining gems. always “hold” the gem that adds to the powered up gem.

however the growth benefit of doing this starts to weaken rapidly. as in i get the strongest average possible grade 2 gem would only have a boost of 2 time damage overall, a max of +.5 firespeed and +.7 range while insanely increasing teh cost of duplicating the gem in future.

so no, just use amplifiers or push towards higher grade gems (unless it’s poison).