Anyone see a flying shadow?

9 posts

Flag Post

First time I played C11, a flying dragon-shaped shadow came out of the center trees and disappeared out the side. I tried to attack it and did minor damage before it escaped. Didn’t happen again when I tried the stage a second time.

Anyone else see something like that???

Flag Post

The Apparition is a random encounter which gets more powerful as it dies. Just try your best to kill it, and if you can’t, that’s fine too. You will eventually need to kill a crapton of them to unlock one of the corner maps.

Flag Post

If possible prioritise them as they give +3 skill points each if you finish the map successfully. If you it might make you lose because of rushing creeps try to bomb it if you can afford the mana or forget about it and finish normally.

P.S. wait until you reach the shadow, then you’ll have something to complain about!!

Flag Post

When I was playing the first time around, every time I focused on an apparition when it showed up I lost, so I stopped doing that until I was a high enough level to have a couple extra towers on the field.

Flag Post

For Premium users – Apparitions don’t seem to appear when you’ve set the Shadow Clash option.

If you notice the edges of the screen flickering in black, it usually means one of two things is going to show up – either an Apparition or a Shadow. There is one exception to this though (have fun when you come across it).

And yeah, wait until you see the actual Shadows.

Flag Post

There is also a Shadow and the Forgotten. Both I have not yet encountered.

Flag Post

That apparition, gets stronger if you kill it. It has more HP each time you kill one, no matter if you complete the level or not. If you complete the level, you get 3 skill points. Also, you can get a corner map (M1, M13, A13, A1) by killing apparitions. To get these, you must do this:
A13: Kill 12 Apparitions (Journey Amulet)
M1 : 7000 monsters C11 (Challenge Amulet)
M13: Wave 100 on K9 (Challenge Amulet)
A1: Don’t know.
BTW… My apparitions have about 25K hp. The HP will continue to rise by about 20% each time you kill it. E.G.: 21,000K HP apparition, killed, next one will be + 20%, which is 4,200, 21,000+4,200 = 25,200 HP will be the next one. This is about the ones that you will get later.

http://vvcap.net/db/fZAiNTYNrcG5mny4dBxQ.htp
My Labyrinth right now. I know how to get M13, but I can’t get it, because I don’t have premium. :P

Forgotten is only on the last pylon, when you charge all of them.

Flag Post

A1 is most likely the kill 200k monsters amulet.

I’ve just killed my 34th Apparition, which had about 210k HP, so the next one probably will have around 250k HP.

Apparitions are still subject to gem effects like any other monsters, so you can shock or slow one to get more hits on it.

Flag Post

I got M1 after completing the “Kill 200,000 monsters” journey amulet.
A1 is the L9 challenge.