"Ritual" skill

8 posts

Flag Post

The descriptions says that for every x battle amulets you earn, you’ll get an increase of the initial mana and the mana pool size by only 1.
Is this bonus only for in an battle? or is it a permanent bonus. That for every x battle amulets, you’ll get a permanent bonus? Or is it that it looks for all the amulets you have till now gathered and then it will give you the bonus taking all the amulets from past battles into account?

Flag Post

all amulets from past battles are accounted for this skill. So, when you’re late into game and have ~3k amulets, you can max ritual and have 600 extra mana at the start of the level.

Flag Post

Thanks Vesperbot!

Flag Post

Early on, it’s best not to put your points into ritual, except perhaps the first couple of extremely inexpensive levels. Focus is simply much more efficient, skillpoint wise. But, once you get higher into focus (mid-50s?) ritual costs much less and has a greater return. All the way in, Ritual costs 80 skill points. For me, this was about 620 mana. I could have done ~8 levels of Focus will the same skillpoints, which would have gotten me (at 8% per level) 192.
Anyway, it’s worth some experimentation if you ask me.

Flag Post

i think it stacks with the % from focus

Flag Post

It used to be.

Flag Post

Heh thread resurrection, huh? Cool.
When the game starts, focus is applied first, and the bonus from ritual is added afterwards. If you look in your Amulets window, at the top of Battle Amulets (BAs), the total number of BA’s you’ve earned is kept track of. For instance, I’ve earned a total of 3100 BA’s at this point (Acquired: 33 of 33 (3100 total)). Ritual works with that number.

At max, ritual gives you 1 start mana and mana pool per 5 total earned BAs, so I get 3100/5 = 620… so 620 more starting mana and mana pool.

I currently have 182 in Focus skill (+1388% starting mana and mana pool at start, which is actually 1488% total when you take into account the initial 100% starting mana and pool), so since starting mana and mana pool is 300, that’s multiplied by 14.88 due to my starting amount and focus skill (4464 confirmed in game), and then the 620 from Ritual is added. Confirmed starting total: 5084.

So yes, Ritual stacks with Focus, and it gets better the more you play. Like chloe said, it’s not worth getting early on, but by the time you get to ~50 or so focus, you may as well grab it because it’ll be relatively cheap, and it’ll just get better and better for the 80 points you spent on it.

Flag Post

Sorry for bumping,but ritual has a disadvantage unless this was changed recently. It doesn’t add to the mana gained per pool upgrade.(So,for example,a pool with 2500 from focus and 2500 from Ritual only gets 1250 instead of 2500.)