B12? WTF SO EASY!!!!

19 posts

Flag Post

Its so easy I just love spending half my time trying to make an uber gem on it!!! Basically all you need a a slowing gem in the lone tower and put shock gems in all the amplifiers. Keep upgrading as the waves progress!!! ITS SO DAMN EASY!!!

Seriously whats the most uber gem anyone has gotten on there?

My most uber is 3.5 range, 150 min damage and 6.1 firing speed. It killed the last monster so I couldn’t get anymore uber cause I didn’t get premium.

Flag Post

its meant to be learning man

Flag Post

That “Uber” gem sucks in my opinion.

This is my worst gem at the end of a level…
http://vvcap.net/db/WHT6Z9HozenrWBHWF4Ge.htp

Flag Post

Go to the GC0 forums and look up the “Big Gems” topic. There you’ll find the stats for a G44, G45, and G46 gem.

Flag Post

B12 is cool. Just made 34,5k XP there :) Yellow powah!

Flag Post

Here is the big gems thread:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/23-gemcraft-chapter-0/topics/160907-big-gems

Flag Post

B12 is best to learn what is an amp and why they are this expensive. I have started there with a G3 B/C in the tower and G1 B or C in 8 amps – pwnage from the early level. And yes, check that thread, it’s fun.

Flag Post

Now try it with a red gem.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TuTLook:

Now try it with a red gem.

A red gem would last the 29 non-premium levels but not endurance. Why waste the effort when there are more fun levels.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vesperbot:

B12 is best to learn what is an amp and why they are this expensive. I have started there with a G3 B/C in the tower and G1 B or C in 8 amps – pwnage from the early level. And yes, check that thread, it’s fun.

Guess that’s what I did wrong… too many regular gems and not enough amps.
I can easily beat it, but I failed the first three times by trying to stretch the game too much and getting overwhelmed.

What’s a good build setup for some exp boosting?

Flag Post

My best was 9.1 firing speed, and the max damage was somewhere around 600…
It was a Grade 9 with surrounding Grade 8s, all were orange.

Flag Post

i once heard of a gem, so powerful, that it had a grade of over 9000…

Flag Post

omg banana :(
the highest gem reported so far had a grade of 1004, been pure lime, and was a result of a huge glitch in 1.13.

Flag Post

You can actually get fairly far with a red gem and swarms only in endurance, if you’re able to allocate enough mana early on to keep yourself alive until all the amplifiers are beefed up. Then it’s just a matter of waiting until you’re overwhelmed while your red gem gains thousands of points worth of damage.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gaminic:

What’s a good build setup for some exp boosting?

Well if 34,500 XP is good, then go to B12, and play endurance. I guess I could do better now, since I did that like 10-15 levels ago only with yellow mastery, now I’d go for yellow-lime or yellow-lime-orange. Oh and I played with giant waves only. Hmm that’s why I went for pure yellow. So perhaps on my next try I’ll go for yellow-orange. They were kinda packed at end but generally lime may be redundant with this setting. Unless we add monster ammount to mixture, that could get really neat multiplier..

Flag Post

L3 is also a super-great track because of a 111,000 mana shard there :)

Flag Post

My best (which sucks compared to most) is a grade 29 gem. Don’t remember the stats entirely, but it had a firing speed of 1000? did like 1.5k X damage, hit 1k targets. It’s easy, especially when you need them in endurance.

Flag Post

grade 34, L/Y/O 29xxx/26xxx/84xx (the specials no amps but forgot specifics), 2.4mil damage (after 8 amps of G29 same gems) or 1.7 mil without the amps, firespeed 18xx (without amps), forgot the range not that it mattered at that point.

by the time i had a grade 29 gem of same type (in a trap), the mana pool was jumping by 8.5 average per second DURING LAG.

Flag Post

G27 Y-L-O (these stats are without amps, the amps were all G25 Yellow/greens
Damage: 674,620-3,235,253
Range:27.4
Firingspeed:209.5
Yellow special: 100% chance to deal 869x damage, 16% to deal 870x
Green special: 100% chance to hit 83 targets, 68% to hit 84
Orange special: 14.4*2079.5 mana gain per hit(yes my mana pool was extended that many times, it was auto-extending literally every frame, 30 times a second, I had a G24 Dual orange-lime in a trap)
Total Kills: 8793 (Giants only, quadruple monsters, tenfold health, lots of summons)

Edit: Kinda, This is actually a response to Zoney’s that I didn’t really see until after posting this, and I didn’t want to double post. so here goes. The reds are good to up to ~wave 150, but at some point when their health goes up about in the thousands per wave (at about wave 135 or so on swarm) it just gets impossible for the gems kill count to keep up with the ever-expanding health and it would actually need somewhere around a 10,000% of kills go to damage or something along those lines to ever hope to beat endurance or get in the millions in experience. If you want the best combo, go with the ever popular Yellow/lime or Yellow/lime/orange. The Yellow damage scales much better with the waves (here’s a link to a discussion with the numbers if you like math: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/23-gemcraft-chapter-0/topics/146498-numbercraft-the-math-behind-gcl )If not, feel free to not read it :) happy crafting