Shadows and apparations?

20 posts

Flag Post

Whats a shadow and how do I get more apparations to appear? I have seen apparations once or twice but haven’t killed any. I also heard there’s this similar third thing. What is this “third” thing if it even exists?

Flag Post

Shadows, as you’ll find out later, are minions of the Forgotten. You will encounter one as you move through the Labyrinth.

Apparitions appear randomly – you just have to be lucky enough for one to show up.

Tip: Unless you have a very powerful gem around (high grade or heavily amplified), the Purple gem will be necessary to take down a Shadow.

Flag Post

What are shadows like? And what is this Forgotten thing. Is it like that corruptor thing in Gemcraft 0?

Flag Post

Shadows spawn monsters. They have a shield that regenerates quickly when the shadow isn’t being fired upon. It is definitely something you need to keep in mind when you’re doing the third pylon level- make sure your defenses are strong, even near the orb, because the shadow can spawn monsters anywhere- not just at the entrances. It’s definitely beatable without purple gems- I did it myself, because I don’t like unlocking gem types. I had lots of grade 6 and 7 gems around, plus a few 8s that all had decent amps.

Flag Post

The Forgotten is sort of our arch-enemy, released by the wizard of GC0 and later kills him and possesses the GC1 wizard.

The first time you get to see a Shadow is when you beat the third Pylon level. The first time you get to actually take one on is at the fourth Pylon level.

Shadows, as superxchloe already mentioned, have shields and the ability to spawn monsters anywhere on the field. Each one has between 410k and 420k HP, 900 initial armor, and a shield of 900. Shadows can also fire black projectiles that drain mana if they touch your orb (gems in towers can shoot these black projectiles and stop them), can rest to heal HP, and when their health is low enough, enter a “deadly attack” state where it begins slowly approaching your orb. Should it touch your orb in that state, you are instantly killed – it cannot be banished.

Flag Post

SOB shadows seem like a real bitch. But does the forgotten do anything BESIDES sending you shadows? And I still don’t know what the plot of this game is and I just beat the first few stages after the first pylon.

Flag Post
Originally posted by InfiniteVoid:

The Forgotten is sort of our arch-enemy, released by the wizard of GC0 and later kills him and possesses the GC1 wizard.

The first time you get to see a Shadow is when you beat the third Pylon level. The first time you get to actually take one on is at the fourth Pylon level.

Shadows, as superxchloe already mentioned, have shields and the ability to spawn monsters anywhere on the field. Each one has between 410k and 420k HP, 900 initial armor, and a shield of 900. Shadows can also fire black projectiles that drain mana if they touch your orb (gems in towers can shoot these black projectiles and stop them), can rest to heal HP, and when their health is low enough, enter a “deadly attack” state where it begins slowly approaching your orb. Should it touch your orb in that state, you are instantly killed – it cannot be banished.

actually, you can first see it after the FIRST crafting pyrlon. It indirectly attacks in the second by summoning monsters on a number of waves equivalent to using a grade 3 gem. It doesn’t do anything for the third, you fight it at the 4th.

Also, if you want to find out what The Forgotten is, play the other games! (preferably 0 then 1)

Flag Post

Well, at the 1st and 2nd Pylons, the Shadow (or possibly the Forgotten) is lurking around out of sight. What I meant by “see” is to have one reveal itself fully.

Flag Post

Well, at the 1st and 2nd Pylons, the Shadow (or possibly the Forgotten) is lurking around out of sight. What I meant by “see” is to have one reveal itself fully.

what I said about the second pylon still counts, because it still does what I mentioned.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thecheaterdude:

SOB shadows seem like a real bitch. But does the forgotten do anything BESIDES sending you shadows? And I still don’t know what the plot of this game is and I just beat the first few stages after the first pylon.

If you don’t get the plot, then you obviously haven’t played the first two. And if you haven’t played the first two, why are you playing this one? People like you make me sick.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Potatomike55:

If you don’t get the plot, then you obviously haven’t played the first two. And if you haven’t played the first two, why are you playing this one? People like you make me sick.

I played chapter zero.

Flag Post

I know on the first one his shadow (or sillouhette?) appears in that lake.

Flag Post

…so it’s a horrifying crime to play a sequel without having invested countless hours into the originals of the series? Sheesh. I seriously doubt even half of the CoD fans own or even played the first one.
People like you who randomly decide to insult others make me sick.

Flag Post

Agreed..you really shouldn’t be disgusted by other people just because they haven’t done something you have. By your logic, people who started playing chapter 1 has the right to be be disgusted at you for not playing the first edition.

Flag Post

I played all the Gemcraft games. And all the gem-type TD games. I don’t get the plot either, probably won’t. People put in different levels of investment.

Flag Post

That Shadow mode – it just spawns additional Shadow around level 20 and that’s all? after that it goes on normally?

@superxchloe how do you beat it without purple gems?

Flag Post

Shadow Clash will have a Shadow appear on the field at about wave 20, yes. You will need to contend with it and the normal wave monsters.

Poison will bypass armor, so hitting the Shadow with poison damage will get around its 900 armor, but the better way to go is to have a gem that has more than 900 damage (and preferably a lot more). Easiest way to build such a gem is to use one with a Y component.

Flag Post

@craven I had lots of G7 and G8 towers and amps. I mayyyyy have had some purple traps that helped with the spawned monsters, but I’m fairly certain I didn’t. My towers were probably mostly yellow gems so that helps.

Flag Post

The Shadow appear at 24 wave
When you have decent level, you will one-hit shadow on spawn. (grade 14 gem enough, grade 12 will do it in 5-7 hits)

Flag Post

So far my way was two 25%Yellow-25%Cyan-50%Purple gems with 6 amps surrounding them (so each tower was amplified by 5 amps. Works just fine, killin’ both shadow spawns and weakening himsef. Never tried poison. I generally don’t use poison.