saving problems

9 posts

Flag Post

anyone else having trouble with their saves? Whenever i turn off my computer, it deletes all the saves i have for gemcraft

Flag Post

I do to, I lose it whenever I close my browser. But I don’t have this problem for any other games….

Flag Post

If everything is deleted when you close your browser, it may be that you set your browser to delete all cookies, history, etc. when all windows are closed. I am not sure why its only for GCL though..
If everything is deleted when you turn of your computer, it may be that a history / cookie clearing program such as CCleaner runs as soon as you turn on your computer.

Flag Post

I just checked and it actually deletes after I navigate away from Kongregate. Don’t have this problem with any other games and I’m using Firefox. I cant save on ArmorGames either….

Flag Post

Sorry for the double post but I actually seem lose my data even if I just refresh

Flag Post

It won’t save for me either! D:

Flag Post

Hmm, you may want to export your bookmarks and re-download Firefox. When you delete it, also delete all history, options, etc. By doing this, you can see if it is your browser that is doing it. (I guess an easier way may be to use IE or Chrome).

If everything still deletes on your browser, go into your control panel → program (may be different for XP, etc.) and look at the list of your programs. Look into any programs that has to do with clearing history to make computer faster (such as CCleaner) or security systems. You may have the setting on to block all cookies or delete cookies as soon as possible.

However, it is strange that you cannot save on ArmorGames (GCL specifically) as they also automatically save your progress to your account, not just your local computer.

Flag Post

It might be due to browser issues. I was having that problem and then I just opened GCL on IE after using FireFox and all my save data was there. Try using a different browser.

Flag Post

I don’t have any problems with my save. Sometimes it’s either the server problems or using the certain web browser that doesn’t work on some games. Other than that, I can’t say it that much. I use Firefox all the time though not everyone’s game going to work on it.

xsindomanx, you’re right about the saves. I delete cookies frequently mainly just for clean ups, but you got those problems spot on.

At the end of the line I read, I did not come to think of the type of save that saves directly to the server, not the users’ local computer. It’s the same programming concept as any MMO game account, but this is a single/solo game (can’t complain).