Gem Summoning

5 posts

Flag Post

To summon 50 extra with one gem, what size gem do I use, on what critter type, and when?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chmilz:

To summon 50 extra with one gem, what size gem do I use, on what critter type, and when?

i just drop 13 grade ones on the same wave to get 52 to come in… grade 1s give +4 monsters no matter what type it is…

Flag Post

If you have maxed Violent Explosions (Premium skill), a G8 will summon 52 monsters. Without, you may need to use a G9.

Additional monsters summoned is constant, regardless of how many monsters are in the wave (whether it’s a 1 Giant wave or a 240 Swarm).

Flag Post

One note I’ve found is that if you really want a lot of mana from kills, summoning on giants can quickly get you a lot (as long as you’re well aware of what your defenses can handle). Gem-summoning early on can quickly build up mana in all-giant endurance mode. And you’re going to need that quick growth from the start to stay in the game. Headstarts on your mana means mana pool expansions earlier, which leads to more powerful everything.

From how it seems, the mana you get from a wave divided by the number of monsters is the mana per monster; the game calculates this whenever a wave stone is prepared. So a 1000 mana Swarm wave with 100 monsters would give 10 mana per monster, but a 1000 mana Giant wave with 2 monsters would give 500 mana per monster. But mana per monster isn’t changed when you summon; so if you drop a level 1 gem bomb to summon 4 more monsters, you’ll only get 1040 total mana from the swarm, but you’ll get 3000 from the giants (if you can kill them all!)

Also, if you increase the monsters per wave setting, it will equivalently decrease your mana per monster. Double monsters will give you a swarm of 400 instead of 100, but each member of the swarm will give you 5 mana (IIRC, any decimals are rounded up) per kill. So unless you’re going for a kill streak amulet, gem kills amulet, or trying to quickly power up Bloodbound gems from low level monsters, increasing the monster multiplier isn’t too wise.

Course it seems like the difficulty of the waves increases exponentially, so no matter how good you are, you’ll always run into the overwhelming point… no matter what settings, gems, or level.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chmilz:

you don’t need to use 1 gem, but for 1 gem a grade 8 with maxed Violent Explosions or a grade 9 without it