Best use of skill points?

9 posts

Flag Post

I’m finding that the early levels are no problem but as I progress through the labyrinth I’m having a hell of a time trying to beat levels even on an even 1.00 multiplier with no extras, what is the best use of skill points in this game?

Flag Post

Try playing with “Armored Only” setting. It’s often easier than getting a mix of swarm and giants, and you get a bonus multiplier on top of that.

Flag Post

best use of skill points? forge max, red max, flexibility if you can afford, wild gem max, focus 20 (non-premium), wild gem max, builder if needed (after wizlevel 50 max this), dual gem 0 or max (only), replenish any leftovers. And learn to summon so you’ll receive more mana than you spent for wrecking monsters.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SuburbanHell:

I’m finding that the early levels are no problem but as I progress through the labyrinth I’m having a hell of a time trying to beat levels even on an even 1.00 multiplier with no extras, what is the best use of skill points in this game?

ok, wait WHAT? you’re using 1.00 multiplier? you’re not gonna have a big problem if you use 1.17 multiplier.

Flag Post

Go back and redo some of the earlier levels at higher difficulty settings. Adding 15 waves is pretty easy to beat, for example, and can get you quite a bit of experience. Also try adding more monsters without increasing their hit points. A few thousand exp can boost you a bunch when you’re relatively low level.

Once you can start building gems past grade 6 or so, you should start focusing on building one high-grade killing gem rather than a bunch of little ones. Your tactics need to shift as you gain more skills.

Flag Post

I recently figured something out… if the multiplier is 1.00 it’s actually HARDER on you. Let me explain:

I’d tried probably 10+ times to complete 100 waves on G10. I’ve gotten close (I’m level 30ish), but never actually got to 100. I’d tried swarm only, and used the bloodbound gem; I’d tried giant only, and used the multiple damage gem… I’d gotten close but no cigar. So I moved on to a different challenge level…C11, where you’re supposed to kill 7000 monsters. Of course for this one you’re going to want to use “Swarm Only” and the first time I tried it with little to no multipliers. I killed a mere 4000 monsters. But then I realized that the earlier waves are much much easier, and if you kill more mobs, you gain more mana, and you have more mana to upgrade your towers at a faster rate. I tried C11 again immediately after I realized this, and without levelling up and gaining any more skill points, I tried it with “Double the number” of mobs in the waves…and the very next try, I got to 7000 monsters. With this new revelation, I tried G10 again with “Giants Only” and “Double the number” and sure enough, I got to wave 104, and gained 5 levels! :) Good luck.

Flag Post

Actually, using “double monsters” doesn’t change the amount of mana you get per wave because it halves the amount of mana you get per monster

Flag Post

It does increase the amount of mana you get, but ONLY if you have an orange gem in a trap or tower, since you’ve got more monsters to hit.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator