need help with Endurance

9 posts

Flag Post

I’m level 61 and i have premium, but I can’t seem to get past wave 150 or so on endurance. I’m using a L/Y/O gem with 8 amplifiers around it, but the mosters won’t die fast enough. I can usually get my gems up to grade 10 or 11 before they over power me.

Should I not be upping the gems in my amplifiers? Or is my skill set wrong? I’m using Giants only and Endurance mode for my modifiers. I’ve even tried with quadruple monsters to help generate mana, but I still can only get to about wave 150.

Skills:
Focus: 38
Replenish: 43
Forge: 30
Construction: 20
Triple Gem Mastery: 12
Mana Gain Mastery: 2
Wild Gem: 10
Recharge: 20

Flag Post

So, you’re able to get a G10? Good, as soon as you have got a G8, make a L/O/C G7 with amps, place it in a trap, then up it along with your main gem until G11 both, then make another trap with amps, stuff a G11 from tower into trap (you have to get trap specials maxed for maximum effectiveness), then up both.

Shift a little from focus towards wild gem and trap specials.

Flag Post

What level should the Amps Be?

Flag Post

unlock blue gem
triple stack it until you have every triple stacked gem in amp
its good for damage increase

i think, if you triple gem a LYO with another triple gemmed LYO, then stack it onto your main gem
its sure to increase stats

Flag Post

pick a map with a corner in the path before the orb. Set it to endurance, swarm only, 2x number of monsters. points should be in chain mastery, mana gather (if it’s unlocked) and dual gem, construction, forge, with some points in increasing your initial mana pool
set a pure L in a tower earlier in the path, with 4 amps (or as many as you can, 8 if possible) and fill them with pure L’s. Once this is set, place a grade 5 L/O in a trap in the corner in the path, surround it with 6 amps, each with L/O gems, and keep upgrading them. By wave 100, you should have a max mana pool in the millions, and the single trap should be putting out ~15k mana per shot

Flag Post

are you gem bombing on the wave tiles to summon extra giants? that massively boosts your mana. start with simple G1 gems for the first 20 waves then once you have a proper tower and mana flow, add stronger bomb summons.

Flag Post

I put mana traps on the entire roadway – orange/Lime/Purple (50/25/25). I keep them about three grades behind the main killing gem (alternate updating, along with increasing the mana pool) until they’re at least level 10, I often keep going with them up to level 12. The main killing gem I use is Yellow/Lime/Red (50/25/25), in a tower until it gets to grade 13 or so, then in a trap near the orb. Keep a gem you can duplicate, then combine the dupes and upgrade the main gem to level 20 or so, expanding the mana pool to at least 220,000 (so you can make at least a grade 12 gem).

Perhaps not the most efficient strategy, but it seems to work pretty well.

Flag Post

Yesterday I have finished my first Endurance at lvl about 55, and after I figured something out, it was a breeze.
Set monster type to Giants only – each bomb thrown on a wave will add a LOT of mana for you to get by killing mobs. Get used to bombing each wave as much as you can before monsters begin to walk past your tower. I usually bomb them once with gems abut 3 lvls lower than my main gem(maybe for the first twenty or so waves I used only Grade 1s).
Start with Wild Gem, to already have a pretty strong defence at the very beginning, but then:
Definitely use Y/L/O trio as your main weapon. Unlock them all and use them no later than at about wave 40.
Your setup should be like one tower + 5 or 6 amps. Use YLO trios in them as soon as possible. After you are settled here, start building a “mana farm” of two traps side by side with 4 amps on both sides. Put it in a place where every moster HAS TO pass. It should look something like

AAAA
XTTX
AAAA

A – amplifier, T – trap, X – road

Remember to bomb the waves once, but with progressively better gems. Do not bomb a wave twice with grade 1 if you can bomb it once with grade 2. You will get the same amount of monsters for a bit lower mana cost, but they will be a lot stronger.
Why I put mana farm in "" ? Because It will soon be your main weapon. YLO gems around lvl 22, 23 easily counter any number of max stats monsters, while generating about 200 000 mana each hit(and they have firing speed in high 300s if amped properly).

Remember to manapool whenever you can, it really boosts your mana income in the middle, before wave 100 get a multiplier of about x20. When your traps get to lvl around 24 you can Shift+click on manapool spell to set it on auto, it won’t waste your overflowing mana and it will raise your mana multiplier.

At wave 155 I got bored and started to go for battle amulets – having four CB shrines, I gembombed several waves to get about 400 monsters in range of shrines and dropped lvls 24 in them – no single monster, each with about 2,5 times of max hit points(due to bombing) survived.

After completing all battle amulets get back to using tower gem. It won’t pump your mana that fast, but will easily ill any number of mobs before they even make it to screen. Launch all the waves remaining(there is up to wave 1337) and enjoy your score!

I ended up with 6 gems lvl 24 in two traps and 4 amps near them, which later got thrown into tower and its amps. I managed to do it all before wave 245, then, after getting all battle amulets i stopped bombing waves and just let it all finish by rushing all the remaining waves. My last mana multiplier was 623,75 ;)

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z429/m4cksfx/gc4.jpg

Flag Post

I suggest
1. finish game for unlocking last setting
2. leveling at pylons. With premium settings you can easily level up to 300-400 in 1 hour.
3. open all maps with “armored only”+banishment traits setting
And game definitely will be easier.