Amplifier math

7 posts

Flag Post

Can anyone get me the numbers or a link to it with the amplifier increasements.

How high the grades in it should be, compared to the grade in the tower. I think these should be already figured out many times, but can’t find it.

Thx.

Flag Post

Bump!

I wish to know to.

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure I answered this in a GC0 topic or Armorgames topic somewhere:

All values are for 100% amplification (1 gem being amplified). This is for towers. Traps have a bit more math associated.
Min, Max damage: 60%
Range: 10%
Speed: 16.2%
Special: 12%

For ratio of grades of gems versus amplifiers: The gem in the amplifier should be 5-6 grades lower than the gem in the tower, if you want to figure out where to most efficiently spend your mana.

Flag Post

Gems Base Amplify Total Bonus
1 100% 100%
2 90% 180%
3 80% 240%
4 70% 280%
5 60% 300%
6 50% 300%
7 40% 280%
8 30% 240%

First number is the number of towers/traps gems around the amplifier
Second number is the percentage of amplification which is reduced by 10% for each additional gem after the first.
Third number is the total percentage of bonuses added. From this number, 5 is max you want around an amplifier and I recommend going below that still as 4→5 is only a 20% gain.

Flag Post

Celaeris, the damage addition for trap gems is the same, it’s just it is applied prior to trap damage multiplier (0.2 non-premium, 0.5 premium with maxed trap skill).

Flag Post

Thx for the numbers. Already doing fine with the 5 grades lower in the amp.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vesperbot:

Celaeris, the damage addition for trap gems is the same, it’s just it is applied prior to trap damage multiplier (0.2 non-premium, 0.5 premium with maxed trap skill).

I had notes on these, but I’d have to dig through the math again. Some of the stuff double dipped, as in they had to be multiplied twice in order for me to get the numbers to work out correctly. So like for damage bonus, the base tower damage of the gem in the amplifier was multiplied by 0.2 then added to the trap damage, then it was multiplied by 0.2 again or something crazy.