Ritual Skill Broken?

12 posts

Flag Post

The premium only ritual skill uses the total battle amulets won ever to calculate your bonus.

This means you can mass farm G13 (or any other map) for amulets – repeat and achieve as many amulets possible to get endless starting and max mana. Don’t worry about exp in the field, grab all amulets and dump gembombs on orb (to end endurance mode).

Tried it a couple times, and got my starting base mana up from 300 initial to 400 (and that is before you apply the % from Focus). This widens even more the gap between the haves and have-nots of premium. With some dedication and some hundred runs, you can easily begin the fields with over 10k mana.

Can anyone confirm this so I am not crazy?

Flag Post

It’s a feature, not a bug. Why would you pay 80 skill points for only 6.6 mana?

You can also start with 10k mana if you invest enough in Focus. Remember, GemCraft is a grinder, perhaps more than it is a strategy game.

Flag Post

% of focus didn’t applied to new Ritual (1 mana per 5 amulets).
Yes, you can play with mouserecorder and farm amulets.
I have 5500+ amulets= 1100+ mana
But faster for you will win endurance battles and improve Focus (i have 6k mana from focus), also, each endurance will give you 25 amulets.

Flag Post

Meh, I can already start with well more than 10k mana by maxing ‘Wild Gem’ then “selling” it. Remember, selling price for gems go down as you increase the skill that lowers gem crafting costs, so to get the highest starting mana, you’d actually want to skip out on (most of) it.

Anyway, just saying, even without Ritual, I can get above 10k mana at the very start of a field, just by manipulating a bit (remember to use mana increase a few times so you don’t waste more than half of that mana you’d get from the gem :P).

Flag Post

You can talk all you want, but in my running game the mobs have 300.000.000.000.000 hp, and i am in trouble :D

Flag Post

Oh sorry, seemed like i missed 1 row! it’s suppose to be 300.000.000.000.000.000! I AM FUCKED GG

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tykor:

Oh sorry, seemed like i missed 1 row! it’s suppose to be 300.000.000.000.000.000! I AM FUCKED GG

For one, that’s impossible. Mob HP is capped at 3,333,333,333 (9,999,999,999 for the ‘Monsters get stronger faster’ setting), so 300 quadrillion is impossible.
For two, how is this relevant?

Flag Post

Well, for the record, somebody HAS created monsters with about 1.14 × 10^18 HP (what Tykor claims is only 3 × 10^17). See the Big gems thread in the GC0 forums. It just requires angering with some pretty high-grade gems (I think it took 15 G37s to create that 1.14 quintillion HP wave).

But yes, I fail to see how Tykor’s posts are relevant to the Ritual skill.

Flag Post

For one, you are wrong. you can anger as much as you want :)

It’s calculated exponentially somehow, try it yourself

Flag Post

I may be wrong here, but I believe the HP cap is only for the monsters’ base HP – angering the wave can get it above that.
But honestly, Tykor, that means that if you were really fighting monsters that strong, it was your fault for over-angering them.
Guess it’s time to hire a counselor XD

Flag Post

Back on topic: As premium you already have endurance. That’s enough of a gap, if that’s part of your point, without needing to bring in ritual.
And for starting mana, sell your wild gems and infinitely improve your focus.

Flag Post

Ritual is really a long term skill and has an indirect infinite growth which being more skill point efficient than focus later on. That being said, the first many points in focus is more efficient and scales better early to middle game. However the one that is actually broken is =wild gem= which gives you a huge mana boost for a decent skill point investment, and many of the preset wild gems are useless as a point gem. Worth mentioning that wild gem is not premium.