Suggestion: "Duplicate Here" Command

9 posts

Flag Post

Too often I find myself needing to fill nearby towers with identical gems but find it somewhat tedious to have to duplicate and drag the gem from my inventory to the tower right near the duplicated gem.

So, why not have a “Duplicate Here” command? “Duplicate Here” would be activated simply by holding shift and then hitting “D” on a gem. This could take one of two forms:

1) The most ideal, after performing this command, clicking on any tower, trap, amplifier, or even shrine and the duplicated gem will be placed there, OR

2) If #1 is too complex for the game engine to handle/too difficult to integrate, after performing this command, the duplicated gem is either placed in a random tower/trap/amplifier/shrine adjacent (or diagonally adjacent) to where the gem is being duplicated, or it follows a sort of precedence, e.g. north, if filled or absent northeast, if filled or absent east, etc. If no spaces are available, then the gem is duplicated in the inventory.

Yes, I know, it doesn’t take THAT much work to drag it from your inventory after duplication. This would just be something to optionally speed things up a tiny bit for more experienced players.

Thoughts?

Flag Post

I dont get why you want to duplicate gems… it costs the same as making a new one the normal way

Flag Post
Originally posted by lackinglack1:

I dont get why you want to duplicate gems… it costs the same as making a new one the normal way

By your argument, there’s no reason to have hot keys or the upgrade option. All of it has equivalent costs, the whole point is to make things easier/faster. If you’re duplicating a pure gem, there’s very little reason to, sure. But I duplicate dual/triple gems all the time. Before I actually read the instructions, I’d manually level/create more and it was quite tedious. Duplicating made it SO MUCH faster and easier.

I think a third option you could consider would also be a shortcut to put gems in towers/traps/amplifiers/shrines. Kind of like how the continuous Gem Bomb mechanic works, but instead of bombing, it would load gems from your inventory into an empty tower/trap/etc. Then you could just hit d to duplicate and then whatever the new shortcut would be to load it into whatever socket. This could also be nice at the start, if you start with multiple gems.

Of course, all in all, these measures aren’t really desperately needed, since you can pause the game, but I do agree that any sort of efficiency would help the setup process.

Flag Post

Let’s say you want to create a really powerful three-part gem, but one focusing on only one special ability, say red the gem’s ability. You can do so by combining, say, a grade one yellow, with a grade one green, with a grade one red. Then from there you ONLY combine it with red gems. If you got this up to a grade 12, it would be much different than a grade 12 pure red combined with a grade one yellow and grade one green.

Or, simply, if you have a 3-part or even 2-part gem that you don’t want to bother getting the pieces for, you can duplicate it and there you go. For example, 3-part grade 5, instead of getting 3 different colors of grade 4, you can simply duplicate. If you just use pure gems, you’re destined for failure in this game.

tl;dr version: Rather than following a complicated set of steps to get desired gems, you can just duplicate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Krazlam:

I think a third option you could consider would also be a shortcut to put gems in towers/traps/amplifiers/shrines. Kind of like how the continuous Gem Bomb mechanic works, but instead of bombing, it would load gems from your inventory into an empty tower/trap/etc. Then you could just hit d to duplicate and then whatever the new shortcut would be to load it into whatever socket. This could also be nice at the start, if you start with multiple gems.

Also a fine idea. Although, it might not necessarily require duplication, as one could simply use the command to throw in already duplicated gems in the inventory automatically into towers, traps, etc.

Flag Post

You bound self to very low level.
I got 600 level as non-premium, and can say that you don’t need 2,3…n towers, just 1 enough with strongest gem. It could work even without amplifiers. Though, 1 tower + 8 amplifers works perfectly for me.
Last 2000 levels (i have 3500 now) for me:
1. starting with 1 gem
2. upgrading it till 12-14 grade(without amplifiers – it’s just waste of mana)
3. placing manatraps near each entrance.(don’t do each 2,3,4,5… squares. upgrading grade better than increasing amount of gems) – at this moment usually i have 2 gems(most traps amount for me was 5).
4. killing shadow, destroying tower gem
5. making 1 amplifier (possible near trap. but sometimes didn’t bother) with “gem for duplication” (which cost fit to mana pool) – still 2 gems on map
6. endless manapooling + upgrading gem in trap – still 2 gems on map.
7. reaching 448 mln manapool – creating 8 28 grade pure yellow gems for amplifiers, 29 grade yellow-lime-purple(without purple. my special recipe – grade 1lime+grade 1 purple + grade2 lime + grade 3 lime… at 11 grade it will be lime-purple without purple, now “U” till 18 grade, then add yellow)
8. destroying manafarm. that’s all. no more than 9 gems on scene without any micromanagement. (didn’t count creating fullsheets for gembombs)
Why pure yellow in amplifier better than any other gem?
A – average gem damage
B – critical multiplier
Pure Yellow have A*B.
Dual Yellow-any 1,15A*0.8(even less)B=0.92 A*B
Triple Yellow-any 1.22A*0.8(even less)B=0.976 A*B
Because you need chain hit and crit, triple in tower musthave. But in amplifiers pure yellow – best.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gremlion:

You bound self to very low level.
I got 600 level as non-premium, and can say that you don’t need 2,3…n towers, just 1 enough with strongest gem. It could work even without amplifiers. Though, 1 tower + 8 amplifers works perfectly for me.
Last 2000 levels (i have 3500 now) for me:
1. starting with 1 gem
2. upgrading it till 12-14 grade(without amplifiers – it’s just waste of mana)
3. placing manatraps near each entrance.(don’t do each 2,3,4,5… squares. upgrading grade better than increasing amount of gems) – at this moment usually i have 2 gems(most traps amount for me was 5).
4. killing shadow, destroying tower gem
5. making 1 amplifier (possible near trap. but sometimes didn’t bother) with “gem for duplication” (which cost fit to mana pool) – still 2 gems on map
6. endless manapooling + upgrading gem in trap – still 2 gems on map.
7. reaching 448 mln manapool – creating 8 28 grade pure yellow gems for amplifiers, 29 grade yellow-lime-purple(without purple. my special recipe – grade 1lime+grade 1 purple + grade2 lime + grade 3 lime… at 11 grade it will be lime-purple without purple, now “U” till 18 grade, then add yellow)
8. destroying manafarm. that’s all. no more than 9 gems on scene without any micromanagement. (didn’t count creating fullsheets for gembombs)
Why pure yellow in amplifier better than any other gem?
A – average gem damage
B – critical multiplier
Pure Yellow have A*B.
Dual Yellow-any 1,15A*0.8(even less)B=0.92 A*B
Triple Yellow-any 1.22A*0.8(even less)B=0.976 A*B
Because you need chain hit and crit, triple in tower musthave. But in amplifiers pure yellow – best.

That sounds good
I also dislike how overly complicated so many peolpe make this game seem… to me its better to go for simplicity as much as you can, just less of a headache and mroe fun

Flag Post

Sounds like a good strategy, but it’s a bit off-topic to the suggestion at hand.

Flag Post

Didn’t back read other than the OP post, so sorry if I missed someone else’s input.

This idea sounds great really. I have been in that situation in other games where those few seconds make or break your strategy completely making it different or much more difficult to pull off. These small shortcuts definitely improve certain or specific battles and strategies by far. I’ve been in the situation where I wanted to build an identical gem but didn’t have the time to build, place, and wait for it to activate if I had taken those steps. The more hot keys involved, the better the experienced players can combine their strategies with the maps. I love replaying maps and using different and irregular strategies. This would also greatly help make these more enjoyable as well. Obviously this is not a necessity, but it would create a bit more versatility for the experienced.

These are by far my favorite Tower Defenses since the series started and just giving input on how to potentially increase enjoyment for some of the more long term players.