How to save this game?? (if clear browser history all lost??)

10 posts

Flag Post

How to save this game?? (if clear browser history all lost??)

Flag Post

If you accidentally deleted the browser history, there isn’t really a way of getting it back. On Kongregate, your save file is saved locally (onto your computer), unlike in ArmorGames, where the game is backed up on your account.

Flag Post

Actually, the game isn’t saved under temporary files. You can clear everything and still be able to play where you left off. As for how to save the game, it autosaves after you finish a field.

Flag Post

Ahh, sorry if I gave false information.
I often use CCleaner, which deletes cookies, temporary files, etc.
However, I interpreted the question as “I deleted my history. My save file is gone. Can I get it back?”

Flag Post

If you delete your flash cookies, then it’s gone. If you clear your browser history, it should stay. Flash stuff is stored in appdata\Macromedia\(stuff). And that’s browser independent.

Also I don’t think CCleaner cleans flash cookies.

Flag Post

CCleaner does clean flash data unless instructed not to. A lot of people got hurt by this.

Flag Post

So basically if you need to delete the cookies you’re screwed. Got it… Umm… Why do they do it that way exactly? Is there a reason that the games cannot be saved in the same way all other information on this website is saved? I don’t speak computer so I’m kinda playing the ignorant card. I would think that more people would be raising a stink about that especially if they’re almost to the end of a game, take a few months off and then come back and find that they have to start all over again just because they take care of their computer. If I were a paying customer I’d be even more annoyed by this than I already am. Alas, ‘tis free so I can’t really complain… So I’ll quit complaining and start her over.

Flag Post

Yes, but i payed for it, I got the premium one and is cool, but is annoying that even for us with the premium it still saves local, and for example now i switched from chrome to firefox and my saves aren’t here, wtf? When I installed firefox i told it to import everything for chrome, do anyone of you know how to import the savings?

Flag Post

Same thing happened to me. Bought the premium, never did anything to my browser, and…poof.

If you’re going to make a game that literally takes dozens of hours to beat, at the very least make it so we can backup our data! I want my money back! Yeah yeah it’s just five bucks, but what’s the point of even bothering to play this game if my data’s just gonna go poof before I can beat it again?

Flag Post

In my case this helped i dont know for you guys.

i went into my flashplayer manually, and when u see a map called chat.kongregate.com it contains the safe file when i’m done playing for the day I winzip the file, replace the file to another map when i want to play again all my cookies and thus my safe are deleted, then place the map back, unzip that file, and then i can play again where i left off. I have this knowledge since now, look me up in the leaderboards in some time wmahahaha ;)