Can I use Armor Games save file?

13 posts

Flag Post

I completed the game on AG, but I’d quite like the badges. I tried copying the save file over, but it didn’t work, not sure why.

Flag Post

It worked for me. I went into C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\6SVQNGVS\cache.armorgames.com (your folder path might be a bit different, I think I read somewhere that the random letters and number change – I just used windows to search for the files) and copied giabGclPrefs.sol and giabGclSaveData.sol and then pasted them into the chat.kongregate.com folder that was inside the 6SVQNGVS folder.

My saved game appeared when I reloaded the game.

Flag Post

in short, yes. Use savefile transfer.

Flag Post

Ty guys i was wondering how to because i didnt want to pay $5 more for kong too

Flag Post

It didn’t work for me… After copying the giabGclPrefs.sol and giabGclSaveData.sol from my AG premium acc to my Kong non-premium acc, nothing happened.

Flag Post

that’s because it won’t. Premium access is tied to your account- the game checks every time with the AG server on AG, or with the kong server on kong, if you’ve bought premium. If you want premium on Kong and have bought it on AG, there’s no way to transfer it (Peter said so. He agrees it’s unfortunate). BUT on Kong you can just do some free offers to get kreds.

That being said: Your savefile will still transfer, so you don’t have to re-complete the game if you don’t want to.

Flag Post

Actually, if you start gathering Gamestop Rewards points, it only takes 2650 Gamestop Reward Points to get the 50 Kreds reward, which is exactly how much the premium version of this game costs. And at about 15 points a Daily Badge, and a new game every day, it’d only take… 176 days to get this game for free. Woot. Even less if you trade in some games, or buy some games, at your local Gamestop.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ThePaleRecluse:

Actually, if you start gathering Gamestop Rewards points, it only takes 2650 Gamestop Reward Points to get the 50 Kreds reward, which is exactly how much the premium version of this game costs. And at about 15 points a Daily Badge, and a new game every day, it’d only take… 176 days to get this game for free. Woot. Even less if you trade in some games, or buy some games, at your local Gamestop.

What? The daily badge points are for your Kongregate level, not any reward program, as far as I know.

Flag Post

You get GameStop reward points as well as kong level points if you link the accounts.

Flag Post
Originally posted by superxchloe:

You get GameStop reward points as well as kong level points if you link the accounts.

And you have to live in the US.

Flag Post

anyone know where this saves in linux? I’ve found the save file from armorgames but cant figure out where to copy it

Flag Post

figured it out. If anyone else has this problem, search the SharedObjects folder in your macromedia folder for giaGclSaveData.sol.

Flag Post
Originally posted by superxchloe:

Really? Guess I better go link my accounts then, so I can-

Originally posted by Chimto:

And you have to live in the US.

Oh come on, why does everything have to be American centered…