What's best - a tower surrounded by amplifiers, or an amplifier surrounded by towers?

14 posts

Flag Post

Just wondering. :)

Flag Post

Oh, and another question while I’m here. Recently after I have been completing the pylon levels with kills – summoned monsters = 1, I’m not getting any exp from it. I’m doing everything right, I’ve doen it many times before, and just got a x30 multiplier and 320,000 exp from it. But when I returned to the map, it didn’t give me the exp I just earned :( Any help? That should have got me up about 10 levels or so…

Flag Post

1. There’s a button to edit your posts.
2. Tower surrounded by amps is better, since all bonuses effectively multiply by firing speed, and having more of this is better in any case.
3. You have already won that pylon level with a bigger score. While the previous score isn’t beaten, you won’t get a thing off the level (except amulets and probable apparition).

Flag Post

Thanks for the quick reply. That really sucks that only high scores for the levels actually count :(

Flag Post

well, otherwise it’ll be too easy. Imagine you getting 500k off any battle, you’ll quickly lose challenge. And look at premium-wielders who do endurances with full settings, and get ~50M exp per battle. You are already pretty high on exp, and you still have 4 more pylons.

Flag Post

Only caveat I’d make to #2 is that sometimes, it’s actually preferable to have more towers rather than stronger towers. Mainly this only applies to playing in Swarm mode, especially with increased number of monsters and a lot of angering. The monsters are so weak that they get one-shot killed even with mediocre gems, but there’s so many of them that a single gem can get swamped, so in this case, having more gems is preferable. Otherwise, fewer towers more amps is best.

Flag Post

I’ve found that if you’re going to do towers, a hybrid between both styles is very effective. The setup I’m talking about (if you have room for it) involves making a blocky figure 8 out of the amps and plopping a tower in each section, like so:

aaa
aTa
aaa
aTa
aaa

The shared amps still give 90% of their bonuses to each tower, and all gem grades being equal, you double your shot power and speed a lot faster than if you were working with a single tower surrounded by amps. If you have the premium version and have maxed out the Magnify skill, the power put out by an amp shared by 2 towers jumps to 117%, which means that using the above setup, you’ve got far more than double the shot power of a single amplified tower, for significantly less per tower/amp combination. I have yet to try the concept in either an L-shape or a quartered window pane shape, but if somebody wants to, let me know how it goes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LoonyLizard:

I’ve found that if you’re going to do towers, a hybrid between both styles is very effective. The setup I’m talking about (if you have room for it) involves making a blocky figure 8 out of the amps and plopping a tower in each section, like so:

aaa
aTa
aaa
aTa
aaa

The shared amps still give 90% of their bonuses to each tower, and all gem grades being equal, you double your shot power and speed a lot faster than if you were working with a single tower surrounded by amps. If you have the premium version and have maxed out the Magnify skill, the power put out by an amp shared by 2 towers jumps to 117%, which means that using the above setup, you’ve got far more than double the shot power of a single amplified tower, for significantly less per tower/amp combination. I have yet to try the concept in either an L-shape or a quartered window pane shape, but if somebody wants to, let me know how it goes.

I find this is worth it for all of maybe 200 waves. Once your mana trap is set up well enough multiple towers all surrounded by 8 amps is FAR superior to anything else and the loss of mana, well if you’ve done your trap right then you should be making millions a second. Or at least a few hundred thousand, and with that you can pull out any kind of gem with enough patience. I made a G29 at level 300~ Just because I had the patience too.

Flag Post

Cripes, wave 300! I can barely make wave 100 on any map!

Flag Post

this is my favorite. I call it a Big Mac© Damager.

aaaaa
t t t t t
aaaaa
t t t t t
aaaaa

Flag Post

I actually like this setup:
AAAAA
ATATA
AATAA
ATATA
AAAAA

It’s actually pretty good, beat hard endurance with all 26’s

Flag Post

i end up with
TA
AT
when i play on my non premium file

Flag Post

In the short run, for beating levels quickly, what’s the best layout?
The best i’ve come up with is:
AA
TT
AA
because this is 100% efficiency: all amplifiers are amplifying all towers, and it’s pretty cheap to build this layout and maintain the gems in it.
Slightly less efficient is:
AAA
TTT
AAA
but I only really do this instead of one tower surrounded by amplifiers because building amplifiers gets a bit pricey after about 4.

Flag Post

Do you summon more monsters when beating the level “quickly”? If yes, you have enough mana to not to bother with amplifier mana cost. But yes, AA-TT-AA looks promising.