Combinations

19 posts

Flag Post

what would be the best combination for gems (towers and traps)

Flag Post

I’ve also got premium

Flag Post

Yellow/Lime/Orange, undoubtedly.

Flag Post

And what proportions? I usually go for 25% orange, 25% yellow and 50% lime.

Flag Post

i usually get one of each at level 4 then combine the yellow and lime to a level five and add the level 4 orange into the level five yellow/lime

Flag Post

Wait… There are proportions? Never realized that. Also never realized that just dropping a level 1 gem on a high level one does increase at least something.

Flag Post

Well you can see for yourself – create 3 of each color and level and combine them in three diffrent sequences. You won’t have same power levels.

I just got:
30% / 35% / 30% for 2x damage
27% / 27% / 31% for 2 targets
0,5 / 0,4 / 0,4 * 1.1 mana

That’s from combining lvl3’s. Funny thing most powerful is the last one added.
Anyway my normal drill is lime+orange THEN +yellow of higher level. I think it makes most sense to go for damage since I’m playing with quadruple/tenfold/giant/endurance/shadow settings.

Flag Post

I personally like yellow/lime/blue the best. Once I make a great manafarm I receive so much mana from it that in secods I can gain millions, so mana is not a problem anymore. But if I anger the waves many times the monsters’ armor and hp get so high it really helps to have a slowing affect and also it makes the waves more crowded so you can get full use of the chain hit.
And after a while it becomes boring to see yellowish gems everywhere :D

Flag Post

hmm dunno how you do it guys. wave 250 was probably highest i ever reached. I never got to gem level 16 or millions of mana. Especially not in seconds :)

But what i noticed is that it seems monster’s HP is capped at 3,333,333 so i guess I’m getting close to level when it won’t get harder anymore so i guess after that you can play pretty much endlessly.

Flag Post

It depends. Most of the time I go with Quadruple, Tenfold, Giants, Endurance and all 6 Battle Traits. I look for levels with only 1 entrance (with the ability to lay at least 4 Amps near a trap. Then I use the Mana Farm setup. I start with making 2 Mana gems, a Shock Gem, and A Chain gem. Then just dupe it over and over and Set Mana gems in the Amps. For the giants that get through I have a duel Chain / Multiple damage gem with 8 amps around it. I’ll pop the damage gem in an out so it only kills the ones who slip through and does nothing the rest of the time. At around wave 150 I can usually have my mana gem at level 35, the gems in the amps around level 31-35 (depending if I’m bored enough to build them), the damage gem is also 35 at which point I just call all the waves early. Even on Max settings a level 35 gems with 30-35 gems in amps can kill the 10 trillion HP mobs. Hell you can even rage them.

Flag Post

never did mana traps actually. it’s mana/shock/chain in trap surrounded by pure mana amps?

Flag Post

I’ve always done a R/L/Y in towers for max damage and a L/O in traps for mana farms. As for ratio, I haven’t really worked that one out yet, but maybe one of you guys can.

Flag Post

aturtledoesbite: I put shock gems in my Mana farm because shock will chain and the mobs are then stuck on the Mana farm. The higher the level gem, the more chains = more mobs shocked on your farm = more mana gain.

Craven: Yeah I surround the Mana Farm with basic Mana gems in amps. No need to triple them.

Just keep in mind the Shock / Chain / Mana gem will REALLY slow your comp down the more you upgrade the gem. If you can live with the sluggish pace till around wave 150, you should have enough mana to create a 35 gem (Multiple Damage / Chain) and then just call the rest of the waves early, the game will speed back up because the mobs are killed before they hit the Mana Farm. As I said before a level 35 gem can easily kill even raged 10+ Trillion HP mobs with 25 million armor. I’m not sure how much you can rage them though. I never raged beyond 35 Trillion HP.

Flag Post

what do you mean by “rest”? In endurance shouldn it be infinite?

Flag Post

Endurance isn’t infinite. It’s 1337 waves.

And you can get the 30% XP bonus if none of the mobs get to your tower.

Flag Post

Testing that on B8, it’s crazy so far :)
5 amps lvl12 pure oranges and shock/chain/mana in trap lvl 13 so far works like a charm (wave 92)

When you have this insane lvl 35 multi/chain gem… what level are gems in amps around it?

Flag Post

The level 35 gem should have 8 Amps around it with level 30-35 gems in it as well. If you’re doing Endurance without Increased HP (Mobs get tougher) and increased armor, then you really only need a level 22 gem (EASY to create with Mana Farm), with level 22 gems around it.

Flag Post

Bah… Max mana rises so slow it will not be so easy to go to higher levels of gems…

Anyway I see now that I’ve been doing it the hard way so far.

Flag Post

I’ve started doing it in old school way in right menu :D Damn that “U” shortcut spoiled me :)