The Gemcraft Labyrinth Help Thread

118 posts

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/23-gemcraft-chapter-0/topics/145862-the-gemcraft-labyrinth-help-thread

This is the original thread for when we played GCL on AG before it was released on Kong. We had some great questions in that thread that i think some of you might want to read. It will help you get a long way in this game. As of now please post in this thread instead of the thread posted above. Thank you.

Flag Post

As of now please post in this thread instead of the thread posted above. Thank you.

You can lock the old thread by deleting the OP.

Flag Post

Thanks for telling me how to Lock the other thread. So seriously guys. instead of making your own topic on something that has already been covered, then just reask it in here.

Flag Post

whens pancake day?

Flag Post

Is premium worth the $5, and how much is that in GBP? According to XE.com it works out about £3, but just want to know for sure

Flag Post

I am currently level ~77. I am trying to complete endurance mode on any map. However, I am having trouble with getting enough mana. Especially when the main gem becomes grade 11 or higher, and I don’t have enough max mana to upgrade directly (209k?) I have heard of mana traps. How do they work? I am using L/Y.

Flag Post
Originally posted by martanio:

I am currently level ~77. I am trying to complete endurance mode on any map. However, I am having trouble with getting enough mana. Especially when the main gem becomes grade 11 or higher, and I don’t have enough max mana to upgrade directly (209k?) I have heard of mana traps. How do they work? I am using L/Y.

a mana trap(i call them mana farms) is a trap that has an orange gem in it. lots of people use L/Y/O(lime yellow orange)gems.

watch this(it will help):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf-wzmdw1Zs

you don’t have enough max mana to upgrade directly? put it on auto extend(hold shift click mana pool) after you have a mana farm.(L/Y/O is also a good damage taker, some people get it to kill monsters in 1 hit, because -50% damage +110%specials and yellow special makes it deal tons of damage)

Flag Post
Originally posted by watkins577:

Is premium worth the $5, and how much is that in GBP? According to XE.com it works out about £3, but just want to know for sure

As far as I’m concerned, absolutely. It changes the game from fun and challenging to totally epic. I earned the kreds by installing a bunch of crappy software on the offers page on an old Windows computer, then deleting it all as soon as I bought premium. Already bought it over at AG, so I didn’t care to fork out real cash again.

Flag Post

i would agree. premium completely changes the game. makes things a little bit easier, but still fun. ill be making an endurance completion guide later today. stay tuned for it.

Flag Post

If you have a Lime-orange and it hits 2 targets do you get manna for each hit?

Flag Post

Simply yes. I had a gem from a run yesterday that had something along the following stats

100% chance for 4000x chain hit
4000 * 40000 mana gain per hit

so i had a huge mana gain of 640b mana per hit, with a fire rate of like 950, so i was expanding my mana pool by 1.5m each hit. it was rather insane. and this is in a trap.

Flag Post

I would like mana farm tips… Because I am having some serious issues with mana in late Endurance.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CecilWidowmaker:

I would like mana farm tips… Because I am having some serious issues with mana in late Endurance.

Best I’ve seen is a single trap near the entrance with O/L/C, with four amps around it, loaded with oranges two grades below. Go with Giants only, and the shocking will halt them over the trap to get zapped dozens of times. By the time the main gem is up to level 10 or so, it should be cranking out mana at an excellent pace. Upgrade it to grade 14 or 15 and you’ll generate so much mana it chokes the game.

Flag Post

Late in Endurance, my mana farm gem and my kill gem are one and the same- a high grade (20 minimum) L/Y/O in a trap. If you can manage this, with LYO amps (preferably 6, but fewer is manageable) you’ll have no issues with mana farming.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CecilWidowmaker:

watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf-wzmdw1Zs

Flag Post

Any tips for K9 or M10? I’m bottlenecked there, and I can’t find a good strategy. Currently L36 with 20 skill points from Amulets.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MorkaisChosen:

Any tips for K9 or M10? I’m bottlenecked there, and I can’t find a good strategy. Currently L36 with 20 skill points from Amulets.

Go back, make some more xp with higher multipliers. Level up to 42 or more, get the wild gem and it will be much easier.
That area is one of the hardest part in the walkthrough.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MorkaisChosen:

Don’t waste the mana to try to make a complicated path. Just block three sides of the orb and place a couple towers out where the monsters wander through. All armored or all giant makes it much easier to pick them off as they go by.

On K9, you can also blockade the entrance, leaving them only one path to get through, then pick them off there.

Flag Post

Does dual gem mastery still apply to gems of three different types?

Flag Post
Originally posted by baa410:

Does dual gem mastery still apply to gems of three different types?

considering that the skill directly under dual gem mastery is triple gem mastery no it doesnt…

Flag Post

So now I’m getting higher level I’m only working on the uncapped skills.
What ratio should I level up these skills?
Starting mana over mana per kill over damage?
1 to 1 to 1?
I’ve mostly been doing 1 to 1, was wondering if there is a better/more efficient way.

Flag Post

I started out doing whatever cost least, then at the end I tweak so I have no skill points left over.

Flag Post

when you stand on the coin-statue or whatever it is on the bottom left of the main map, you see what fields hold challenge amulets, there are, however, also numbers on each played field. What do they signify? thanks!

Flag Post
Originally posted by koprol:

when you stand on the coin-statue or whatever it is on the bottom left of the main map, you see what fields hold challenge amulets, there are, however, also numbers on each played field. What do they signify? thanks!

It shows the highest multiplier you got in the levels, also, for each 5x you get a line on the level too. [up to 4]

Flag Post

I haven’t seen anyone post this but what i’ve noticed is when trying to beat endurance mode its important to have as large of a starting mana pool as possible, as when it is upgraded it upgrades by half of the original amount. This can make a huge difference later.