Gaining maximum XP by repeating fields

6 posts

Flag Post

Hello,
I read an article about GCL and found this:

Good news for those who got stuck in Gemcraft Chapter 0: Gemcraft Labyrinth will leave the strict player progress mechanism where you had to beat your own highest scores to get any more XP. Now, if you run a stage again and again, you’ll get the XP you earn each time.

This is straight bullcrap right? There’s no exception that this is (partially) true?

Flag Post

I believe you get the full XP if you get a special amulet the next time you beat the level even if your high score is lower.

By special amulet I mean the orange, green, or red ones.

Flag Post

This was the plan 8-10 months ago, but Peter (developer) changed his mind and kept the old rules.

Flag Post

When I played, “currently earned exp – previous highest exp = exp you get” unless it changed in 24 hours. Never noticed if I get to keep the exp when I get special amulets though.

Flag Post

the special amulet doesnt count toward the exp gained in that map it is added seperately. Thus your exp is as follows
( base exp for map X multiply amulets (the ones you can get on every map) – previous high score ) = map exp
This is then added with all amulet exp (journeyman, novice, challenge) and then goes into your total exp. Unfortunately you dont get told that the journeyman (or other) amulets is being added in so the onyl way one can see this is by beating a map with a lower score and getting an amulet.

Flag Post

your XP you get is base XP X battle settings X battle amulets multiplier X summon multiplier-highest XP = XP earned NOTE: yellow, green and red amulets will not count as your level XP, so you will get their full reward