How Can I Improve My Frame Rate?

17 posts

Flag Post

since i began with those 1337 runs (with mana leeching trap and a tower to finish them up) my frame rate fucked up. When i summon more and more monsters it becomes less and less playable and i find myself again with like 1 frame per second. It´s kinda frustrating cause it started to get really funny. And i don´t even do the runs with 10 times more enemies. I set every graphic setting on the lowest level and i wanted to know if theres another way to reduce the frame rate issues. (it starts wenn my mana trap (shock/mana leech/chain hit) is abled to hit like 50 enemies at once) please help : (

Flag Post

1. don’t use shock – it’s animation decrease framerate.
2. put trap near entrance=monsters will be killed before seen=higher framerate (you need to be really fast with upgrading gem in trap. or add yellow instead. Cheap solution, but you will get less mana)
3. based on your computer – never use chain hit more than XXX targets(my 2,6 proc can sustain ~1500 targets per hit. 2000 kills game.)
There is no ten-times enemies, just quadruple.

Flag Post

alright, i´m gonna try it without shock.
my trap was always directly in front of the entrance and yeah theres just quadruple you´re right :P
I´m gonna let you know if that worked ( i´m quite confident it will )

Flag Post

also, press i to get rid of the information that comes up when your scroll over stuff (press it again to get it back) this helps loads and also it runs way faster when you click onto a different tab or minimize the window, since it doesn’t have to load all the graphics (you just have to trust your traps/towers can do the work)

Flag Post

As Joe said, getting rid of the info panels helps A LOT. Really. I probably wouldn’t be exaggerating if I said it goes 50x faster without them.
Also, shock isn’t too bad at first, so if you need to, use it, then substitute it later for dual mana leech/chain (usually is actually more efficient), could put yellow in there as well if you want to.

Flag Post
Originally posted by anakin2177:
Also, shock isn’t too bad at first, so if you need to, use it, then substitute it later for dual mana leech/chain (usually is actually more efficient), could put yellow in there as well if you want to.

You don’t need to put a yellow in there because the mana farm gems are just for getting mana, not killing. Any gems that get past the mana gem are easily taken out by a killing gem of y/l which is just used for max damage on max opponents.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JoeNev9:

You don’t need to put a yellow in there because the mana farm gems are just for getting mana, not killing. Any gems that get past the mana gem are easily taken out by a killing gem of y/l which is just used for max damage on max opponents.

You don’t need to; that’s why I said could. Some people prefer to have separate mana farms and damage dealers, some prefer a combination, generally l/y/o.

Flag Post

With Deadly Traps, kill gems are actually more powerful in a trap (half the damage, but 110% the specials). The performance killer is the lime component – since traps always fully use chain, as soon as a monster gets within firing range, you’re going to notice a performance drop as that monster gets chewed up.

Flag Post

Also,keep your arrow off of anything that produces text.This can significantly improve game speed.

Flag Post

I agree with the conclusion that removing info panel helps (a lot). It also seems to me that the l/o mana farm combo bogs down the computer when -lets say – the level of the l/o is above 20 with six amps. What I have done when I have harvested enough to get my l/y killing machine up to level 22:ish (with full amp cranked all the way up) is to move the mana farm away from the entrance since I don´t really need so much mana anymore and the l/y monster will kill everything (when running armoured waves only) before entrance. This combined with calling all waves on screen early gives me a really quick end-run from about wave 300 – 1337.

Flag Post

thank you guys, leaving the shock gem out didn´t really help THAT much. but the info panel tip saved my day :D:D

Flag Post

Also, I just realized… for those of you like me that use a separate mana farm (l/o/X) and kill gem (y/l), the performance killer is the mana farm. Really. Try taking the gem out of the trap for a wave where it’s lagging a lot. You’ll see a huge difference.
What I’m getting at is that once you have all the mana you need (once you’ve created a kill gem that can deal with HP-capped monsters), you should remove your mana farm, and it will go a lot faster.

Flag Post

Also, I just realized… for those of you like me that use a separate mana farm (l/o/X) and kill gem (y/l), the performance killer is the mana farm. Really. Try taking the gem out of the trap for a wave where it’s lagging a lot. You’ll see a huge difference.
What I’m getting at is that once you have all the mana you need (once you’ve created a kill gem that can deal with HP-capped monsters), you should remove your mana farm, and it will go a lot faster.

I agree.

Recently i have been playing hardest settings including shadow clash. by wave 160ish hp is capped. by this time i have around 1 bil mana at the least and i can easily create my grade 30 lyo tower killing gem which is more then capable of killing anything thats going to come at me for the remainder of the map. I remove trap gem and let tower do the rest

Flag Post

Also might be worth adding that in options menu you can turn settings down. for example i dont have any animation when i kill or trap animation. and with mana animation non existent i have much less animation. And while i do still lag even with these settings all the way down it does help some.

Flag Post

One other thing that helps is to set the Info Panels Plate Opacity to either 0 or 100. Anything in between that forces the game to render transparencies whenever you have an info panel showing, and this slows it down ridiculously. Not relevant if you turn off all info panels, of course, but playing without info panels, especially doing 1337 runs in endurance, can be a challenge. (A grade 12 gem looks exactly the same as a grade 50+, so you have to remember which ones are which, or keep turning info panels on and off to remind yourself.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lurlock:

One other thing that helps is to set the Info Panels Plate Opacity to either 0 or 100. Anything in between that forces the game to render transparencies whenever you have an info panel showing, and this slows it down ridiculously. Not relevant if you turn off all info panels, of course, but playing without info panels, especially doing 1337 runs in endurance, can be a challenge. (A grade 12 gem looks exactly the same as a grade 50+, so you have to remember which ones are which, or keep turning info panels on and off to remind yourself.)

I keep mine turned off unless i forget what grade a gem is. In that case i hit space ( hotkey for pause ) then push I to check grade of gem, push I again to turn panels back off and then space to resume game.

Flag Post

@CheezebergrPls, on my computer at least, you just have to keep your arrow off of anything that shows a mana cost(i.e. extend mana pool, locked gem types, spells, and Gems. The game starts lagging when my gems are all around G8, the higher the grade, the more it lags. I don’t know why having a powerful mana farm causes the game to lag, but it does.